Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

3.5

on 11/25/2017 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had been waiting for this universal red lipstick praised by so many in early reviews by Fenty. I orded it online at 12am from Sephora, then ran to Sephora at Jcpenney at 2pm to try it out.

I loved the soft feel of the lip paint, wonderful staying power, and high pigment. You don't need to apply much of this product to get the "bam" affect.

Needless to say for my dark deep complexion this color came off as a bright burnt Orange compared to a vibrant red which I was expecting. I will admit it has awesome stay power. I had to use 4 makeup remover cloths to get it off my lips. Yet unfortunately because of that stronge Orange tone I will have to return this immediately.

I love mostly all the other products I use of the Fenty line. The blotting powder is that life! Unfortunately though having my lips blazing a matte bright orange is not the business for my dark complexion.

on 3/23/2018 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the color and the packaging, but the bleed/transfer is just too much. This reads as a red with a hint of orange on my complexion and it's a fun, bright color. But it came off: on my tissue after blotting when the color was dry, on my husband when I gave him a peck, on my drinking glass rim, on my napkin. After a meal I had that unattractive color-around-the-lip-edges look with only the lightest stain of red on the rest of my lips. I hope the next round of Fenty lip colors has more staying power!

UPDATE: the above review is for the original color Uncensored (billed as 'universal red'). I recently purchased Unveil, the chocolate brown, and thought the consistency was slightly thicker and the color has a little more staying power. Calling this "longwear" is VERY overstated, though.

on 11/27/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't wear bright red lipsticks, stains or gloss. My coloring makes orange reds look off on me so I tend to go for blood reds and reddish purples. I vowed that I was going to give a brighter red a chance and put my money on this. I love the feel, the shape of the brush and the glass bottle. You don't need to over apply this for coverage (even on my pigmented lips I used one coat) and you don't need a lip liner. The thing is, it is VERY BRIGHT. You definitely need to have confidence to pull this color off and you don't need much makeup as this color can be a bit overpowering on the face. It glides on like satin and sets pretty quick, transfers a lot but you can't simply rub this off. I like it. I might pair it will a darker red lip liner to bring the brightness down a bit.

on 10/7/2018 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have the Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored which is the bright 'universal' red shade. In the tube Uncensored comes in it looks like a true red on me it mostly appears as a true red but appears a tiny bit bright as it leans a tiny bit orangey red on me.

The Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint appears quite matte on my lips and feels relatively lightweight and comfortable on. The tube for the Stunna Lip Paint is gorgeous, glamorous and retro looking in an old school Hollywood silver screen star type of way and it does look like it might be a glass bottle of nail polish. The Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint does transfer a bit but it does last for quite a while on the lips.

The trick to wearing the Stunna Lip Paint is to apply it sparingly and to eke it out instead of applying many layers of it on if you don't want it to transfer so much supposedly.

I think I'd buy this item in Uncensored again probably because I love the pretty glass tube that it comes in and I love red. I don't know we'll see - maybe I'll think about it.

Fashion Fair Butterscotch, Black Opal Truly Topaz, Nars Malaga