Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

3.7

on 5/25/2018 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amazing, BUT..

When I first received this in mail I noticed how the packing is a lot more different than regular liquid lipstick. I really love the shape the wand is very comfortable to use for a stable application. The applicator itself picks up the right amount of product, and it’s evenly coated. The applicator makes the application SOOO PRECISE it’s crazy. Lip liner what? Don’t need that!
The round applicator lets me get the perfect shape of my lips and the curves. I usually don’t like liquid lipsticks because they get so messy with the application process but this one did me right.
The formula is super creamy I’ve never tried ANY formula like this. It takes a little while to dry but it you blot you basically remove the extra layer and it dries faster and I love that about this.
This lip paint doesn’t bleed, it’s longwearing and it still looks great after hours. I usually don’t end up with crusty lips with this product. However you SHOULD put on some lip balm before you apply ANY liquid lipstick and let it 10 minutes to chill. Also when you apply, let it dry. Don’t talk or drink, let the inner part dry- and you will see that the lipstick doesn’t disappear from the inner rim of your lips. This way it wouldn’t get on your teeth as well.

The only problem is the shade. My skin is SO YELLOW.(for reference: Bareminerals Honeycomb 20/Hourglass Golden Natural mixed with Golden Amber/Cover Fx G+50-G+60)
I have a medium tan complexion with prominent olive undertones. My skin isn’t BRIGHT, true olive skin is like a muted golden with green and a brownish red mixed in. I don’t feel like this shade compliments me at all. It does the opposite.
It is a very bright shade and because my undertone is so deep I feel like this doesn’t go well. I tend to stay away from light pinks and pastels when it comes to lip colour for that exact reason. BUT they did advertise this as flattering to all skin tones and universal blah blah blah...
It’s pretty much why I bought this- models in their campaign with similar skintone to mine looked amazing with the shade, and they made me feel confident- that this red will flatter me.(keep in mind that I usually reach for brownish reds because they look good on me, unlike pure reds)
However right now my skin is the lightest it’s ever been, and I’m sure that this will look amazing for when im tan.

I can’t blame the product for the fact I don’t like the shade because the formula is amazing, application is easy and flawless.
I will buy different shades (when they come out with some, I hope they do)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Rihanna and I have had a bad relationship for many years (unbeknownst to her) because I get the feeling (based on various instances) that she’s not a nice person and I have zero tolerance for that.

I was willing to bury the hatchet when I learned that Fentyis cruelty free, and I bought this lipstick.

The packaging is beautiful. The lipstick itself does a good job providing a bold red color that is universally flattering.

But it’s dry yet messy, and disappears almost immediately from the inner rims (? I don’t know what to call that) of my lips leaving me looking psychotic.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh RiRi! I wanted to like this so much, the fierce yet elegant packaging, the stunning color, the matte yet still moisturizing finish...I put it on and felt instantly glamorous! But the staying power is just sad. I gave my little girl a kiss and she looked like Rudolph! I know matte, moisturizing and longwear is a hard balance to achieve but damn it! If anyone can do it, it should be FentyBeauty! In the end, I'm awful about re-applying lip color so it's important that either my lip color not fade or at least fade in a way that doesn't make me look like the Joker (literally my husband gave me three kisses and he looked crazy).
I'm going to stick with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Top Tomato, that damn thing stays on overnight and I'm a stomach sleeper.

on 3/23/2018 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the color and the packaging, but the bleed/transfer is just too much. This reads as a red with a hint of orange on my complexion and it's a fun, bright color. But it came off: on my tissue after blotting when the color was dry, on my husband when I gave him a peck, on my drinking glass rim, on my napkin. After a meal I had that unattractive color-around-the-lip-edges look with only the lightest stain of red on the rest of my lips. I hope the next round of Fenty lip colors has more staying power!

on 12/30/2017 12:40:00 PM

I love this lip paint! I bought it because I am the biggest fan of red lipstick and Rihanna. I expected it to be quite bright, but it is actually a darker red on my lips. (I am very pale) It definitely suits many skin tones, but the result may vary.
The glass bottle looks gorgeous! The price isn’t bad in my opinion. The applicator is quite unusual but does what it needs to. The formula is very thin and you only need the tiniest bit to cover your lips.
The finish is definitely (satin) matte, but in the most comfortable way. It does not dry my lips at all and it does not look bad after hours of wear. It stays on very well, but it is not transfer proof. It starts to feather if I eat something too greasy.

on 12/28/2017 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a nice universal red lip color that would suit most everyone! My first impression so far, I expected more from this product since Rihanna herself said that it would be no worries to eat with this lip paint because it won't smudge or erased from the lips. But this product smudges and transfers EVERYWHERE! My hands, mug, even smudged my chin when I'm eating a burger. The color still stays on the lips, but I just dislike getting my things stained with this lip color. However, this product feels soft and not drying on the lips unlike other matte lip products. Will try using this over lips without my daily lip balm and see if the transfer/smudging improves.

on 12/21/2017 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

OMG- I have tried to wear red lipstick many times but just never felt comfortable in the look for me. Well since I received the Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in uncensored, I have been wearing red lipstick everyday--yes even during the day and I love it!! It truly is universally flattering. I have notice a little transferring but it maybe because I always use lip balm underneath, I'm going to try without lip balm and see if that prevents the small amount of transfer that I see now. Also it feels great on your lips, not tight or drying which is why I have not been able to wear most other matte liquid lipsticks I have tried. I'm in love and can't wait to see/ try other colors.

on 12/7/2017 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Best long lasting liquid lipstick I've ever tried.

This is truely a unique product:
It lasts all day (well over 12 hours!) thru drinking and eating
Doesn't make your lips look dry
Doesn't wear off unevenly
The shade really is stunning, a perfect red
The finish is satin matte, not dry, which isn't common in a long lasting lip product
The packaging is gorgeous
The price is fair

The only con I can think of is that there aren't more shades in this formula :)

Bravo fenty beauty

on 11/27/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't wear bright red lipsticks, stains or gloss. My coloring makes orange reds look off on me so I tend to go for blood reds and reddish purples. I vowed that I was going to give a brighter red a chance and put my money on this. I love the feel, the shape of the brush and the glass bottle. You don't need to over apply this for coverage (even on my pigmented lips I used one coat) and you don't need a lip liner. The thing is, it is VERY BRIGHT. You definitely need to have confidence to pull this color off and you don't need much makeup as this color can be a bit overpowering on the face. It glides on like satin and sets pretty quick, transfers a lot but you can't simply rub this off. I like it. I might pair it will a darker red lip liner to bring the brightness down a bit.

on 11/25/2017 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had been waiting for this universal red lipstick praised by so many in early reviews by Fenty. I orded it online at 12am from Sephora, then ran to Sephora at Jcpenney at 2pm to try it out.

I loved the soft feel of the lip paint, wonderful staying power, and high pigment. You don't need to apply much of this product to get the "bam" affect.

Needless to say for my dark deep complexion this color came off as a bright burnt Orange compared to a vibrant red which I was expecting. I will admit it has awesome stay power. I had to use 4 makeup remover cloths to get it off my lips. Yet unfortunately because of that stronge Orange tone I will have to return this immediately.

I love mostly all the other products I use of the Fenty line. The blotting powder is that life! Unfortunately though having my lips blazing a matte bright orange is not the business for my dark complexion.

Popular Lips Products