Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color
Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

3.4

on 12/16/2018 6:51:00 AM

Just got "UNBUTTON" yesterday and has been using it for 6 hours.

Pros:
1. Packaging looks nice and heavy (glass bottle) although applicator feels cheap to me (looks like metal but feels like plastic)
2. Good color on various skin tones
3. Looks great under natural light and camera; has a blurring effect to it
4. Stays long and doesn't need constant reapplication
5. Looks tidy when dry. Does not require lip liner
6. Kiss proof after drying for 10 minutes
7. Lasts through eating, specifically greasy food

Cons:
1. Product is too liquidy; difficult to apply and tends to skip when you try to perfect the lip shape and it's not dry yet
2. Takes long for it to be completely dry (around 2-3 minutes)
3. Applicator shape doesn't necessarily make it easier to apply the liquid
4. Somehow feels drying on my lips
5. Expensive price
6. Can get a better dupe

on 10/8/2018 1:07:00 PM

SHADE: I'm reviewing Uncensored, the first and original shade in the Stunna Lip Paint formula. On me, this liquid lipstick looks like a dark but neutral red. It reminds me of Stila's Beso or Smashbox's Bawse. To be honest, I was expecting a classic red, something a little bit lighter like Jeffree Star's Redrum or Tom Ford's Ruby Rush. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, just not what I was expecting from photos. Because of the darkness of Uncensored, I didn't reach for it during the summer.

FORMULA: It has a different consistency from other liquid lipsticks I've tried. It's runny and thin, but not dry. This, I have found, results in a very challenging formula. On one side, its very comfortable on the lips and it doesn't bring attention to my lip's natural lines or texture. On the other, it's very easy to make mistakes during application and it bleeds. So, in short, it's not a lipstick you can put on and forget about because it transfers quite a bit as well. If you do this, you'll end up looking like a crazy person with lipstick all over your face.

Packaging: I love the packaging, it looks like a fancy nail polish. Like a modern less pretentious Louboutin nail polish. It doesn't fit my lipstick organizers, but it doesn't bother me too much. The only thing I dislike about the packaging is the applicator. Oh, I first thought it was very original and interesting, but it works against you instead of with you. I think it makes it more difficult to work with the already kind of difficult formula.

ADVISE: If you want to try this lipstick just make sure to take off most of it in the rims of the bottle and apply slowly. Also, wear a good lip liner and keep a mirror with you during the day. Specially if you are going to eat or drink anything. I don't know if the same problems occur on the new shades of this formula, but I'm not too excited to try them.

on 10/1/2018 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is such a beautiful red, and I normally don’t like or wear reds. The packaging is unique and beautiful and lux, and I like the unusually shaped doe foot, but I feel that I have to be extra careful especially because this is so pigmented. It does dry down matter and darker than it initially looks which I like, but it smears and feathers quite easily. I also wouldn’t smile immediately upon application or it would get all over the teeth. I honestly bought this because of the hype, but I don’t think I regret it. Unlike other mattes, this doesn’t crack on me or get dry and I don’t have to scrub it off the lips. This is so pigmented that I don’t think you could completely use this up unless you wear red everyday and reapply.

I also tried uncuffed, and while the formula is great, I didn’t like the color on me. It looks like a purply pink and I was expecting something more neutral-warm

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

To start, I thought this color would be a brighter red. But I’m a big fan of reds, so I’m not too bothered by this. What I’m really annoyed with is the consistency of the formula. I feel that it’s too liquidy/runny... I know some people may find it easy to apply, but I feel like it’s tougher to. Now, I’m no pro, but I’m not a novice either. I can’t just throw this on without lipliner because I feel like it gets everywhere. Lastly, there is *always* transfer. I currently have it on right now; I applied it about a half hour ago and if I press my finger to my lip (lightly, at that), there is color transfer. How annoying. What good is a really comfortable formula if it can’t ace said annoyances?

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

A stunning red that apparently suits all skin tones, it is eye-catching and intense. I found it a little hard to apply with its applicator as it is watery, so I had to use a brush instead. It was also very drying, so I think this has to be layered over lip balm or lip primer. The lip paint really is long-wearing, but also a little hard to remove. To make sure that the colour does not transfer while it dries, I found it helpful to not apply too much, and also blot after application. 2 stars because of its shockingly drying effect, but 5 stars for its colour, intensity and its packaging.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is beautiful as is the applicator but the consistency is horrible. I also was disappointed in the color, it's more Russian Red than Ruby Woo, not quite as vibrant as I thought it would be. It is messy and gets everywhere. Taking it off was even more work. Overhyped and not worth buying at all

on 5/25/2018 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

(I have two shades- I'm talking about both in this review)
Amazing, BUT..

When I first received this in mail I noticed how the packing is a lot more different than regular liquid lipstick. I really love the shape the wand is very comfortable to use for a stable application. The applicator itself picks up the right amount of product, and it’s evenly coated. The applicator makes the application SOOO PRECISE it’s crazy. Lip liner what? Don’t need that! The round applicator lets me get the perfect shape of my lips and the curves. I usually don’t like liquid lipsticks because they get so messy in the application process but this one did me right.

The formula is super creamy I’ve never tried ANY formula like this. It takes a little while to dry but it you blot you basically remove the extra layer and it dries faster and I love that about this.
This lip paint doesn’t bleed, it’s longwearing and it still looks great after hours. I usually don’t end up with crusty lips with this product. However you SHOULD put on some lip balm before you apply ANY liquid lipstick and let it 10 minutes to chill. Also when you apply, let it dry. Don’t talk or drink, let the inner part dry- and you will see that the lipstick doesn’t disappear from the inner rim of your lips. This way it wouldn’t get on your teeth as well.

The first one I got is "uncensored"- The only problem is the shade. My skin is SO YELLOW.(for reference: Bareminerals Honeycomb 20/Hourglass Golden Natural mixed with Golden Amber/Cover Fx G+50-G+60)
I have a medium tan complexion with prominent olive undertones. My skin isn’t BRIGHT, true olive skin is like a muted golden with green and a brownish red mixed in. I don’t feel like this shade compliments me at all. It does the opposite.

It is a very bright shade and because my undertone is so deep I feel like this doesn’t go well. I tend to stay away from bright shades, light pinks and pale nudes, if I picked a nude for myself it would be a shade a little darker than my lips. BUT they did advertise this as flattering to all skin tones and universal blah blah blah...
It’s pretty much why I bought this- models in their campaign with similar skin tone to mine looked amazing with the shade, and they made me feel confident- that this red will flatter me.(keep in mind that I usually reach for brownish reds because they look good on me, unlike pure reds like this)
However right now my skin is the lightest it’s ever been, and I’m sure that this will look amazing for when I'm tan (update: its not)

+As they came out with new shades I picked up "unveil" which is a beautiful deep chocolate brown that I love but its not so wearable. A shade a little light than this with a pink undertone could have been my perfect (dark) nude. I'm still using this I'm gonna get my moneys worth. Unveil is so worth it.
I can also wear unveil as a tint because I have some methods to shift the opacity of lipsticks and I have to say, as a tint its even more beautiful!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Rihanna and I have had a bad relationship for many years (unbeknownst to her) because I get the feeling (based on various instances) that she’s not a nice person and I have zero tolerance for that.

I was willing to bury the hatchet when I learned that Fentyis cruelty free, and I bought this lipstick.

The packaging is beautiful. The lipstick itself does a good job providing a bold red color that is universally flattering.

But it’s dry yet messy, and disappears almost immediately from the inner rims (? I don’t know what to call that) of my lips leaving me looking psychotic.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh RiRi! I wanted to like this so much, the fierce yet elegant packaging, the stunning color, the matte yet still moisturizing finish...I put it on and felt instantly glamorous! But the staying power is just sad. I gave my little girl a kiss and she looked like Rudolph! I know matte, moisturizing and longwear is a hard balance to achieve but damn it! If anyone can do it, it should be FentyBeauty! In the end, I'm awful about re-applying lip color so it's important that either my lip color not fade or at least fade in a way that doesn't make me look like the Joker (literally my husband gave me three kisses and he looked crazy).
I'm going to stick with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Top Tomato, that damn thing stays on overnight and I'm a stomach sleeper.

on 3/23/2018 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the color and the packaging, but the bleed/transfer is just too much. This reads as a red with a hint of orange on my complexion and it's a fun, bright color. But it came off: on my tissue after blotting when the color was dry, on my husband when I gave him a peck, on my drinking glass rim, on my napkin. After a meal I had that unattractive color-around-the-lip-edges look with only the lightest stain of red on the rest of my lips. I hope the next round of Fenty lip colors has more staying power!

UPDATE: the above review is for the original color Uncensored (billed as 'universal red'). I recently purchased Unveil, the chocolate brown, and thought the consistency was slightly thicker and the color has a little more staying power. Calling this "longwear" is VERY overstated, though.