Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Rihanna and I have had a bad relationship for many years (unbeknownst to her) because I get the feeling (based on various instances) that she’s not a nice person and I have zero tolerance for that.

I was willing to bury the hatchet when I learned that Fentyis cruelty free, and I bought this lipstick.

The packaging is beautiful. The lipstick itself does a good job providing a bold red color that is universally flattering.

But it’s dry yet messy, and disappears almost immediately from the inner rims (? I don’t know what to call that) of my lips leaving me looking psychotic.

on 11/29/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Purchased off Sephora.com as soon as it dropped. The packaging is a beautiful, nicely weighted prismatic, cut glass bottle with a glistening spiked top. It's reminiscent of the quality you'd see from a much higher brand and very much resembles the packaging for the louboutin nail polishes. The applicator is doe-ish but shaped more like a flat dot- round. It works ok for application but to me seems slightly less precise than a flattened doe foot. I'm not in love with it. The color itself is a true American red with blue undertones, it doesn't pull raspberryish, or wineish like some reds. It's 100% a true red. The formula is smooth and applies without any of the patchiness typical in cheaper liquid lipsticks. However it's not without its problems. I almost find it too emollient hours into the day I still got transfer eating or putting my hands to the lips, it's doesn't really set hard though it does dry down and I thought it was prone to movement and corner bleeding. The formula itself is opaque and provides great coverage even on hyperpigmented lips but I found it slightly too thin. You sop up a lot pulling it out the tube and the amount you get though technically small is almost too much to spread because it's such a thin, watery texture. Even wiping some formula on the mouth of the container at pullout, I was still picking up more than I could neatly use. Color wise this reminds me greatly of Sephora lip stain in always red #01. Stunna, is slightly slightly deeper than the Sephora liquid lipstick and less bright. Stunna leans just a *little* in the direction of a brick red. I searched them both side by side and could barely tell the difference. I think only the wearer would be able to distinguish between the two, and with a lip liner underneath adjusting color, either one could be made to look just like the other. The Sephora one particularly could be slightly deepened with a deep red liner to look just like stunna. While there is nothing wrong with stunna I'd have to say I actually prefer the brighter color of the Sephora lip stain. It's easier to apply, and wears better as well, and at $12 it is half the price. Doubt I'll be repurchasing stunna even though there's nothing majorly wrong with it. I'm just being so well served by something cheaper, that I don't feel the need to look elsewhere. Check out Sephora always red #01 if you want a good dupe of this and a strong product in its own right.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is beautiful as is the applicator but the consistency is horrible. I also was disappointed in the color, it's more Russian Red than Ruby Woo, not quite as vibrant as I thought it would be. It is messy and gets everywhere. Taking it off was even more work. Overhyped and not worth buying at all

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh RiRi! I wanted to like this so much, the fierce yet elegant packaging, the stunning color, the matte yet still moisturizing finish...I put it on and felt instantly glamorous! But the staying power is just sad. I gave my little girl a kiss and she looked like Rudolph! I know matte, moisturizing and longwear is a hard balance to achieve but damn it! If anyone can do it, it should be FentyBeauty! In the end, I'm awful about re-applying lip color so it's important that either my lip color not fade or at least fade in a way that doesn't make me look like the Joker (literally my husband gave me three kisses and he looked crazy).
I'm going to stick with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Top Tomato, that damn thing stays on overnight and I'm a stomach sleeper.

on 2/9/2018 3:36:00 PM

Lovely packaging, colour and finish but this is the messiest lipstick ever. Smudges instantly and goes everywhere. Also very difficult to remove so you end up with red marks on your face and hand that require loads of foundation to cover. Sold it after my first use

on 12/24/2017 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Completely torn by this lipstick... Gorgeous colour, lovely packaging, easy to reapply. But I hate the applicator with a passion. I just can’t apply this without the use of cotton buds & buckets of concealer. It also transfers on absolutely everything! Don’t accidentally touch your lips cause it will end up everywhere. This also means that it bleeds into fine lines, which is a disaster when wearing such a prominent colour. Such a shame as it is totally gorgeous and I’ve received many compliments while wearing it.

on 11/25/2017 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had been waiting for this universal red lipstick praised by so many in early reviews by Fenty. I orded it online at 12am from Sephora, then ran to Sephora at Jcpenney at 2pm to try it out.

I loved the soft feel of the lip paint, wonderful staying power, and high pigment. You don't need to apply much of this product to get the "bam" affect.

Needless to say for my dark deep complexion this color came off as a bright burnt Orange compared to a vibrant red which I was expecting. I will admit it has awesome stay power. I had to use 4 makeup remover cloths to get it off my lips. Yet unfortunately because of that stronge Orange tone I will have to return this immediately.

I love mostly all the other products I use of the Fenty line. The blotting powder is that life! Unfortunately though having my lips blazing a matte bright orange is not the business for my dark complexion.

on 5/26/2018 11:36:00 AM

I LOVE this colour. It applies nicely but is very liquidy to apply, so I'm very careful not to apply too much at once. It does transfer easily, but lasts really long on my lips as well, so no complaints! Doesn't dry out my lips too much either, and I'd definitely repurchase. You can see how it looks on my skin here:

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately I had high hopes. I did my research online about this lipstick and rihannas claims of it being budge proof and makeout proof. Needless to say, when I finally got it, I was disappointed. It feels a ton like the nars powermatte liquid lip pigment, basically that repackaged. It's not completely transfer proof and it gets everywhere when I eat and it's not makeout proof either. Unfortunately you won't get a moisturizing liquid lippie that dries down all the way.. thems the breaks :( but I do love the color. I'll stick with the nars power matte.

EDIT: So I decided to give it a fair chance, so I am wearing it without the intention of eating oily food like I have done after previously reviewed. It takes a while to really dry down and I love the color. It goes on as a bright red but then as it dries down it becomes more of a neutral classic red that won't wash me out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

To start, I thought this color would be a brighter red. But I’m a big fan of reds, so I’m not too bothered by this. What I’m really annoyed with is the consistency of the formula. I feel that it’s too liquidy/runny... I know some people may find it easy to apply, but I feel like it’s tougher to. Now, I’m no pro, but I’m not a novice either. I can’t just throw this on without lipliner because I feel like it gets everywhere. Lastly, there is *always* transfer. I currently have it on right now; I applied it about a half hour ago and if I press my finger to my lip (lightly, at that), there is color transfer. How annoying. What good is a really comfortable formula if it can’t ace said annoyances?