Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

3.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Rihanna and I have had a bad relationship for many years (unbeknownst to her) because I get the feeling (based on various instances) that she’s not a nice person and I have zero tolerance for that.

I was willing to bury the hatchet when I learned that Fentyis cruelty free, and I bought this lipstick.

The packaging is beautiful. The lipstick itself does a good job providing a bold red color that is universally flattering.

But it’s dry yet messy, and disappears almost immediately from the inner rims (? I don’t know what to call that) of my lips leaving me looking psychotic.

on 11/29/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Purchased off Sephora.com as soon as it dropped. The packaging is a beautiful, nicely weighted prismatic, cut glass bottle with a glistening spiked top. It's reminiscent of the quality you'd see from a much higher brand and very much resembles the packaging for the louboutin nail polishes. The applicator is doe-ish but shaped more like a flat dot- round. It works ok for application but to me seems slightly less precise than a flattened doe foot. I'm not in love with it. The color itself is a true American red with blue undertones, it doesn't pull raspberryish, or wineish like some reds. It's 100% a true red. The formula is smooth and applies without any of the patchiness typical in cheaper liquid lipsticks. However it's not without its problems. I almost find it too emollient hours into the day I still got transfer eating or putting my hands to the lips, it's doesn't really set hard though it does dry down and I thought it was prone to movement and corner bleeding. The formula itself is opaque and provides great coverage even on hyperpigmented lips but I found it slightly too thin. You sop up a lot pulling it out the tube and the amount you get though technically small is almost too much to spread because it's such a thin, watery texture. Even wiping some formula on the mouth of the container at pullout, I was still picking up more than I could neatly use. Color wise this reminds me greatly of Sephora lip stain in always red #01. Stunna, is slightly slightly deeper than the Sephora liquid lipstick and less bright. Stunna leans just a *little* in the direction of a brick red. I searched them both side by side and could barely tell the difference. I think only the wearer would be able to distinguish between the two, and with a lip liner underneath adjusting color, either one could be made to look just like the other. The Sephora one particularly could be slightly deepened with a deep red liner to look just like stunna. While there is nothing wrong with stunna I'd have to say I actually prefer the brighter color of the Sephora lip stain. It's easier to apply, and wears better as well, and at $12 it is half the price. Doubt I'll be repurchasing stunna even though there's nothing majorly wrong with it. I'm just being so well served by something cheaper, that I don't feel the need to look elsewhere. Check out Sephora always red #01 if you want a good dupe of this and a strong product in its own right.

on 12/24/2017 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Completely torn by this lipstick... Gorgeous colour, lovely packaging, easy to reapply. But I hate the applicator with a passion. I just can’t apply this without the use of cotton buds & buckets of concealer. It also transfers on absolutely everything! Don’t accidentally touch your lips cause it will end up everywhere. This also means that it bleeds into fine lines, which is a disaster when wearing such a prominent colour. Such a shame as it is totally gorgeous and I’ve received many compliments while wearing it.

on 11/25/2017 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had been waiting for this universal red lipstick praised by so many in early reviews by Fenty. I orded it online at 12am from Sephora, then ran to Sephora at Jcpenney at 2pm to try it out.

I loved the soft feel of the lip paint, wonderful staying power, and high pigment. You don't need to apply much of this product to get the "bam" affect.

Needless to say for my dark deep complexion this color came off as a bright burnt Orange compared to a vibrant red which I was expecting. I will admit it has awesome stay power. I had to use 4 makeup remover cloths to get it off my lips. Yet unfortunately because of that stronge Orange tone I will have to return this immediately.

I love mostly all the other products I use of the Fenty line. The blotting powder is that life! Unfortunately though having my lips blazing a matte bright orange is not the business for my dark complexion.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh RiRi! I wanted to like this so much, the fierce yet elegant packaging, the stunning color, the matte yet still moisturizing finish...I put it on and felt instantly glamorous! But the staying power is just sad. I gave my little girl a kiss and she looked like Rudolph! I know matte, moisturizing and longwear is a hard balance to achieve but damn it! If anyone can do it, it should be FentyBeauty! In the end, I'm awful about re-applying lip color so it's important that either my lip color not fade or at least fade in a way that doesn't make me look like the Joker (literally my husband gave me three kisses and he looked crazy).
I'm going to stick with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Top Tomato, that damn thing stays on overnight and I'm a stomach sleeper.

on 2/9/2018 3:36:00 PM

Lovely packaging, colour and finish but this is the messiest lipstick ever. Smudges instantly and goes everywhere. Also very difficult to remove so you end up with red marks on your face and hand that require loads of foundation to cover. Sold it after my first use

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately I had high hopes. I did my research online about this lipstick and rihannas claims of it being budge proof and makeout proof. Needless to say, when I finally got it, I was disappointed. It feels a ton like the nars powermatte liquid lip pigment, basically that repackaged. It's not completely transfer proof and it gets everywhere when I eat and it's not makeout proof either. Unfortunately you won't get a moisturizing liquid lippie that dries down all the way.. thems the breaks :( but I do love the color. I'll stick with the nars power matte.

EDIT: So I decided to give it a fair chance, so I am wearing it without the intention of eating oily food like I have done after previously reviewed. It takes a while to really dry down and I love the color. It goes on as a bright red but then as it dries down it becomes more of a neutral classic red that won't wash me out.

on 4/6/2018 10:00:00 AM

This is probably the first time I've actually caved in to purchase a product created by a celeb!!!!

I love the colour - it really is a true universal red and suitable for all skin tones. I've had so many compliments each time I'm wearing this!!!!!

I also love the packaging; sleek and effortless. I live outside of the US so I paid $36 for this. And this packaging does look like for what its worth.

As many people have mentioned, the applicator is slightly different. It is tricky to work with especially at the side of your lips, but its still workable. For my case, I don't experience the bleeding as much as I use a lipliner. However, you need to work fast if you mess it up before the product dries!

I don't think it claims with a matte finish, but it dries down to a soft matte finish. My lips didn't crack extensively. However, its still good to prep and moisturize your lips before applying. I've been doing this for every single other matte lipstick, so this step doesn't bother me at all. I like how it didn't give me the sticky feeling finish when I try to rub my lips, likes the MUFE Aqua colour (which was terrible btw).

One tiny swipe is already very pigmented. So I believe this is going to last a long way!

Longevity wise - it can last about a good 5-6 hrs. Unless you're going to eat food that are really oily then of course you'd require a touch up. However, if you're having a light meal, I found that I didn't really need to reapply since the product is so pigmented, all I did was to reline my lips.

Do I think the price justifies the product? Absolutely - the packaging SOLD me. The product itself, in terms of colour and the longevity, it did not disappoint me. I think the applicator can be improved - but again, the current one isn't terrible, it just takes a bit of time to get used to and it will work out.

Of course, there are many brands out there that can give you the same red colour with that undertone, but the branding itself and the execution was what really got my attention. I'm not a huge fan of Riri - but so far none of their products have disappointed me, and it was well thought out.

If you're looking for something to splurge on, pls try this out! You DEFINITELY won't be disappointed.

I would repurchase it - only provided if I manage to finish this tube, which I guess its gonna take a long time, lol

Hope this review helps!

on 1/5/2018 4:08:00 AM

I love the colour and the packaging but I hate the formula. Super messy and gets all over everything. Was super disappointed and ended up returning it.

on 12/3/2017 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Picked this up as I love Fenty and I can’t seem to pass up a red lip stick. Sue me. Anyhoo - this is pricey but the packaging is gorgeous. The applicator isn’t the traditional doe foot shape, which makes getting a clean line a bit challenging. The formula itself is thin, which I expected given its a lip paint. There is no scent that I noticed. It applies smoothly and evenly and does not dry out my lips nor does it crack or crumble. It is NOT budge proof like Rihanna claims BUT it is very durable. I wore it to a birthday dinner and I only needed a small touch up after eating and drinking. Reapplying isn’t a disaster like other liquid lipsticks either. The shade itself is a true blue based red - a bit deeper than Stila’s Beso and Sephora’s matte lip creme in 01 Always Red. It is truly gorgeous and works on every skin tone. I would repurchase.

Popular Lips Products