Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

on 2/23/2019 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

NW15 review of uncuffed and unbuttoned. I passed on the “universal red” due fellow friendly Sephora shoppers’ advice: a suspected reformulation since adding new colors seems to be superior to the red? Idk if true but I have many other reds. I settled on the peach (unbutton) and mauve (uncuff). When I tried on unbutton (lightest), I had on almost a black-maroon lipstick and put it right over top. It is super thin (I shake it). In one thin coat, it covered the blood-black-red with 100% opacity. Stunnas always darken on me as they dry down FYI, which takes a about a minute. Unbutton: my cool pink nw15 skin doesn’t look right with it dried - it’s like a very unflattering mid-brown on me. Tooth yellowing totally. I didn’t return as it makes an okay base for MAC goldfinch lipglass, but wouldn’t repurchase. The mauve(uncuff) tho. Be still my heart. 4eva repurchase. To explain how I feel about uncuffed: I own every color shade format etc in the hundreds and wore only this daily for MONTHS. I’ve never ever done that. I apply in am once, then maybe gloss top off throughout day. It doesn’t go in my purse cuz 1 daily application is all I need, it’s bulky, and gets staining product all over it with heavy use. I have smoked since 14 & I’m 40 (so vertical lip lines/feathering worry me) and I slightly overline and perfect lips with this unique applicator (no lipliner), making my Cupid’s bow so extra. Uncuffed is *made* for the pale, cool-toned pinkish skinned person with pigmented lips (MLBB and Bigger). This formula is truly unique. It’s like opaque water. It’s SO unlike those maybelline dry matte ink things that you can rub butter over and won’t move; this may move (esp when glossed) so be careful. But it doesn’t feather at all! Don’t kiss someone unless they want to be a fellow stunna. Less drying than any like it but nothing dries my lips cuz I really take care of them. Competitors’ (stila etc) versions of long wear liquid lips just look bad after a (short) while and crack or sumthin weird. STUNNA no. Try-on in store is essential since the site pictures aren’t accurate at all IMO (unbutton is not that nude/light - it’s a stunning contrast on darkest skinned model in pic but it is not that pale of a peach it’s warm brown). I see they added more colors! YAY! Hot pink one I’m a comin’.

on 12/14/2018 11:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I cannot tell if i love this or I'm buying into the hype but i do like this. I like that its not a terrible feeling on my lips and lasts forever. It is not totally dry and has slip, itll literally stay on past shower and into bed and next day. I got the RED, uncensored? The "universal flattering red" and i have medium skin tone. It is NICE dont get me wrong, just not sure its amazing omg red. Ive felt the same with Russian Red from MAC and that Dior one thats supposed to be best red ever and a Loreal one used on Mad Men. I think Red will always be bold to wear and plays into beauty addicts concept of this show stopping red lip. Soo, because ive over analyzed this, i do not know if its truly an amazing Red or just a normal wow pop anyway red. The formula is wonderful. I do like it. Try it first in store is my recommendation.

on 12/24/2017 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Completely torn by this lipstick... Gorgeous colour, lovely packaging, easy to reapply. But I hate the applicator with a passion. I just can’t apply this without the use of cotton buds & buckets of concealer. It also transfers on absolutely everything! Don’t accidentally touch your lips cause it will end up everywhere. This also means that it bleeds into fine lines, which is a disaster when wearing such a prominent colour. Such a shame as it is totally gorgeous and I’ve received many compliments while wearing it.

on 12/7/2017 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Best long lasting liquid lipstick I've ever tried.

This is truely a unique product:
It lasts all day (well over 12 hours!) thru drinking and eating
Doesn't make your lips look dry
Doesn't wear off unevenly
The shade really is stunning, a perfect red
The finish is satin matte, not dry, which isn't common in a long lasting lip product
The packaging is gorgeous
The price is fair

The only con I can think of is that there aren't more shades in this formula :)

Bravo fenty beauty

on 11/27/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't wear bright red lipsticks, stains or gloss. My coloring makes orange reds look off on me so I tend to go for blood reds and reddish purples. I vowed that I was going to give a brighter red a chance and put my money on this. I love the feel, the shape of the brush and the glass bottle. You don't need to over apply this for coverage (even on my pigmented lips I used one coat) and you don't need a lip liner. The thing is, it is VERY BRIGHT. You definitely need to have confidence to pull this color off and you don't need much makeup as this color can be a bit overpowering on the face. It glides on like satin and sets pretty quick, transfers a lot but you can't simply rub this off. I like it. I might pair it will a darker red lip liner to bring the brightness down a bit.

on 11/25/2017 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had been waiting for this universal red lipstick praised by so many in early reviews by Fenty. I orded it online at 12am from Sephora, then ran to Sephora at Jcpenney at 2pm to try it out.

I loved the soft feel of the lip paint, wonderful staying power, and high pigment. You don't need to apply much of this product to get the "bam" affect.

Needless to say for my dark deep complexion this color came off as a bright burnt Orange compared to a vibrant red which I was expecting. I will admit it has awesome stay power. I had to use 4 makeup remover cloths to get it off my lips. Yet unfortunately because of that stronge Orange tone I will have to return this immediately.

I love mostly all the other products I use of the Fenty line. The blotting powder is that life! Unfortunately though having my lips blazing a matte bright orange is not the business for my dark complexion.