Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color
Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

3.0

on 10/8/2018 1:07:00 PM

SHADE: I'm reviewing Uncensored, the first and original shade in the Stunna Lip Paint formula. On me, this liquid lipstick looks like a dark but neutral red. It reminds me of Stila's Beso or Smashbox's Bawse. To be honest, I was expecting a classic red, something a little bit lighter like Jeffree Star's Redrum or Tom Ford's Ruby Rush. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, just not what I was expecting from photos. Because of the darkness of Uncensored, I didn't reach for it during the summer.

FORMULA: It has a different consistency from other liquid lipsticks I've tried. It's runny and thin, but not dry. This, I have found, results in a very challenging formula. On one side, its very comfortable on the lips and it doesn't bring attention to my lip's natural lines or texture. On the other, it's very easy to make mistakes during application and it bleeds. So, in short, it's not a lipstick you can put on and forget about because it transfers quite a bit as well. If you do this, you'll end up looking like a crazy person with lipstick all over your face.

Packaging: I love the packaging, it looks like a fancy nail polish. Like a modern less pretentious Louboutin nail polish. It doesn't fit my lipstick organizers, but it doesn't bother me too much. The only thing I dislike about the packaging is the applicator. Oh, I first thought it was very original and interesting, but it works against you instead of with you. I think it makes it more difficult to work with the already kind of difficult formula.

ADVISE: If you want to try this lipstick just make sure to take off most of it in the rims of the bottle and apply slowly. Also, wear a good lip liner and keep a mirror with you during the day. Specially if you are going to eat or drink anything. I don't know if the same problems occur on the new shades of this formula, but I'm not too excited to try them.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is beautiful as is the applicator but the consistency is horrible. I also was disappointed in the color, it's more Russian Red than Ruby Woo, not quite as vibrant as I thought it would be. It is messy and gets everywhere. Taking it off was even more work. Overhyped and not worth buying at all

on 5/6/2018 4:44:00 AM

I had high hopes for this and was so excited to try it after seeing it on instagram. Unfortunately it is far too runny and the applicator is a nightmare! If you get it right first time and it drys then it looks incredible, but I found that I got it everywhere and it only got worse as I topped it up through the day. Such a shame as with a flat applicator and a thicker paint it would be amazing!

on 11/29/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Purchased off Sephora.com as soon as it dropped. The packaging is a beautiful, nicely weighted prismatic, cut glass bottle with a glistening spiked top. It's reminiscent of the quality you'd see from a much higher brand and very much resembles the packaging for the louboutin nail polishes. The applicator is doe-ish but shaped more like a flat dot- round. It works ok for application but to me seems slightly less precise than a flattened doe foot. I'm not in love with it. The color itself is a true American red with blue undertones, it doesn't pull raspberryish, or wineish like some reds. It's 100% a true red. The formula is smooth and applies without any of the patchiness typical in cheaper liquid lipsticks. However it's not without its problems. I almost find it too emollient hours into the day I still got transfer eating or putting my hands to the lips, it's doesn't really set hard though it does dry down and I thought it was prone to movement and corner bleeding. The formula itself is opaque and provides great coverage even on hyperpigmented lips but I found it slightly too thin. You sop up a lot pulling it out the tube and the amount you get though technically small is almost too much to spread because it's such a thin, watery texture. Even wiping some formula on the mouth of the container at pullout, I was still picking up more than I could neatly use. Color wise this reminds me greatly of Sephora lip stain in always red #01. Stunna, is slightly slightly deeper than the Sephora liquid lipstick and less bright. Stunna leans just a *little* in the direction of a brick red. I searched them both side by side and could barely tell the difference. I think only the wearer would be able to distinguish between the two, and with a lip liner underneath adjusting color, either one could be made to look just like the other. The Sephora one particularly could be slightly deepened with a deep red liner to look just like stunna. While there is nothing wrong with stunna I'd have to say I actually prefer the brighter color of the Sephora lip stain. It's easier to apply, and wears better as well, and at $12 it is half the price. Doubt I'll be repurchasing stunna even though there's nothing majorly wrong with it. I'm just being so well served by something cheaper, that I don't feel the need to look elsewhere. Check out Sephora always red #01 if you want a good dupe of this and a strong product in its own right.

Video Reviews & Tutorials