Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

4.5

on 5/25/2018 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

(I have two shades- I'm talking about both in this review)
Amazing, BUT..

When I first received this in mail I noticed how the packing is a lot more different than regular liquid lipstick. I really love the shape the wand is very comfortable to use for a stable application. The applicator itself picks up the right amount of product, and it’s evenly coated. The applicator makes the application SOOO PRECISE it’s crazy. Lip liner what? Don’t need that! The round applicator lets me get the perfect shape of my lips and the curves. I usually don’t like liquid lipsticks because they get so messy in the application process but this one did me right.

The formula is super creamy I’ve never tried ANY formula like this. It takes a little while to dry but it you blot you basically remove the extra layer and it dries faster and I love that about this.
This lip paint doesn’t bleed, it’s longwearing and it still looks great after hours. I usually don’t end up with crusty lips with this product. However you SHOULD put on some lip balm before you apply ANY liquid lipstick and let it 10 minutes to chill. Also when you apply, let it dry. Don’t talk or drink, let the inner part dry- and you will see that the lipstick doesn’t disappear from the inner rim of your lips. This way it wouldn’t get on your teeth as well.

The first one I got is "uncensored"- The only problem is the shade. My skin is SO YELLOW.(for reference: Bareminerals Honeycomb 20/Hourglass Golden Natural mixed with Golden Amber/Cover Fx G+50-G+60)
I have a medium tan complexion with prominent olive undertones. My skin isn’t BRIGHT, true olive skin is like a muted golden with green and a brownish red mixed in. I don’t feel like this shade compliments me at all. It does the opposite.

It is a very bright shade and because my undertone is so deep I feel like this doesn’t go well. I tend to stay away from bright shades, light pinks and pale nudes, if I picked a nude for myself it would be a shade a little darker than my lips. BUT they did advertise this as flattering to all skin tones and universal blah blah blah...
It’s pretty much why I bought this- models in their campaign with similar skin tone to mine looked amazing with the shade, and they made me feel confident- that this red will flatter me.(keep in mind that I usually reach for brownish reds because they look good on me, unlike pure reds like this)
However right now my skin is the lightest it’s ever been, and I’m sure that this will look amazing for when I'm tan (update: its not)

+As they came out with new shades I picked up "unveil" which is a beautiful deep chocolate brown that I love but its not so wearable. A shade a little light than this with a pink undertone could have been my perfect (dark) nude. I'm still using this I'm gonna get my moneys worth. Unveil is so worth it.
I can also wear unveil as a tint because I have some methods to shift the opacity of lipsticks and I have to say, as a tint its even more beautiful!!

on 12/30/2017 12:40:00 PM

I love this lip paint! I bought it because I am the biggest fan of red lipstick and Rihanna. I expected it to be quite bright, but it is actually a darker red on my lips. (I am very pale) It definitely suits many skin tones, but the result may vary.
The glass bottle looks gorgeous! The price isn’t bad in my opinion. The applicator is quite unusual but does what it needs to. The formula is very thin and you only need the tiniest bit to cover your lips.
The finish is definitely (satin) matte, but in the most comfortable way. It does not dry my lips at all and it does not look bad after hours of wear. It stays on very well, but it is not transfer proof. It starts to feather if I eat something too greasy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials