NARS Highlighting Blush - Hot Sands

NARS Highlighting Blush - Hot Sands

1 review

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a review is for the pressed powder version, which they call a highlight blush. I'm NC 15 and this is definitely a highlighter, not a blush on me. This is one of my all time favorite highlighters. I'm now in my 30's and I love the crazy ones, but I was on a hunt for a more natural grown up highlighter. I tried the crazy pricy YSL invisible powder one and returned it because it was invisible, and I got this instead.
First, I do dislike NARS packaging, just because of the rubber texture. But otherwise, this is normal packaging for NARS. Second the formula. This is a fairly firmly packed traditional powder. It's not glittery and it applies quite smooth. It's not very powdery but there is a little kick up. It's not very glossy but it definitely gives a sheen. This finish is exactly what I was looking for-it shows up but not crazy. For reference, I tried Laura Mercier 01 bronzer that's a highlighter and it didn't show up on me. MAC Lightscapade has been my go to for work. Hot Sand is on the level of Lightscapade for strength of glow, maybe slightly more. The shade is a fleshy peachy shade. It blends in very naturally with my fair to light skin. I don't have anything similar to it. Lightscapade is quite pale and sheer. Makeup Geek Luster is very metallic and more pink. It's the perfect pretty skin highlighter. The only other highlighter that gives a similar effect would be the Essence Pure Nude highlighter. The shades are different, Essence is more beige and gold. But the effect is similar. Those are my two my skin but better highlighters.