SHISEIDO eyebrow pencil

SHISEIDO eyebrow pencil

4.4

Behenic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bis-Behenyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol, Methicone, Tetradecene.

on 4/25/2018 9:18:00 AM

Awful! The Natural Eyebrow Pencil is so hard that it won't leave a mark on my skin. If I try to use it before I put on foundation, any marks just smudge afterwards. Expensive, too. Shan't buy again!

on 3/8/2018 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I discovered this in Japan, I thought at first that there might have been an error in the printing of the price tag because this product was ridiculously cheap (~US$3.00), but it really was just a great find! I use shade 1 (Black). It's easy to create natural-looking eyebrows with this pencil, especially when finely sharpened. It has also lasted me quite a while despite its small size and everyday use.

Note: Not to be confused with the Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil, which comes with a brush on the other end, and which I think some of the reviews here might be for.

on 9/3/2017 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My natural hair colour is jet black so my eyebrow hairs are v. dark too. I've tried a few brow pencils and if you're after a natural finish, this is the pencil for you. I use 'Natural Black' which is actually a cool, dark grey colour. It blends easily into my eyebrows and has a creamy texture, so if you've made a mistake, it's pretty easy to fix up! The brush attached on the end doesn't work for me (I prefer a spoolie) and even though it's a little expensive at $40AUD, I'll keep re-purchasing until I find something better.

on 10/22/2016 1:33:00 AM

These babies are good! Not sure if they're the only good ones out there, as I've not tried all the brands. But this is a solid, trustworthy eyebrow pencil.

on 5/9/2016 11:01:00 AM

I have silver hair that requires a cool coloured pencil for my brows. This pencil in Natural Black is more grey than it is black and is perfect for me. So many others have an orange tint to them (way too warm for my colouring) which makes my eyebrows look like I've borrowed them from Mrs. Potatohead. Happy with this and certainly will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received this as a gift from a friend in Japan, and it took me almost six months to try it.

Normally I HATE putting anything in my eyebrows. I have big foofy eyebrows as it is, and the few times I've tried eyebrow products I've either hated how I looked or ended up with an adverse reaction (looking at you, Dipbrow). But after getting nagged by a coworker to "come on, just try doing something with your eyebrows," I gave in and tried it on.

There's a little bit of a learning curve here- it's finicky and the pencil is very hard- not creamy at all. But once you get the hang of it, it leaves you with very natural-looking, yet polished eyebrows. No giant face caterpillars here, as long as you "color inside the lines" of your actual eyebrows. Highly recommended for people who don't like or want the overdone, painted-on looking eyebrows that are all over Instagram nowadays.

on 12/23/2014 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My HG eyebrow pencil, I have black/brown eyebrows and dark hair. My eyebrow hairs are thick, long, but lots of gaps in between. I don't want super dark harsh eyebrows and everything I find is either too red, too dark, or too light until I found this. I use shade Deep Brown. This perfect for filling in empty spots. If you are going for that Instagram eyebrow look, I don't recommend this pencil because you wont get a super defined clean look. The mini brush at the end is to BLEND the product so it's softer looking and distributed. The pencil is hard and leaves sort of powdery finish. I use this everyday and it's lasted me about a year per pencil which is worth the high price tag. I don't know where I would be, or my eyebrows, without this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been repurchasing this over and over again but I sort of have a love/hate relationship with this one. I get the pencil in dark brown 02 and it lasts me about 6 months. This eyebrow pencil looks very natural and fills in sparse spots great. In the summer it melts off really easily though and one thing that I absolutely hate about it is the sharpening. It doesn't sharpen easily and I need it sharpened to achieve a cleaner outline of the brows.. this sharpening results in the pencil breaking and I waste product for nothing. Other then the above, I love this pencil for the natural look it gives sparse brows.

on 4/17/2014 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with the comment below! I'm surprised to like this in 02 Dark Brown shade which instead gives off a taupe or light brown shade. Perfect for dark blonde. Brows looks natural light brown no joke!

on 12/17/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have tried many eyebrow products. Many. Powders look like a caterpillar on my face because I do have brow hair, but it's light and some hairs are even white now. Pencils are either too red or too yellow in the Ash or Taupe. So I went out on a limb here and bought this in dark brown. It has no red or yellow to it, and by using it with a light hand, I get a light brown brow, a true light brown that lasts all day. I love the hard pencil! Then I top it off with Mac brow gel to color the white hairs. It's a long pencil, but it's still pricey.

The Maybelline brow pencils are similar in hardness, which is nice, but they are way too reddish.

I gave it a 4 for packaging because I don't understand the brush on the end. I would prefer a spoolie, but I use it to dip in a white shadow to apply under my brow. I can't figure out what else it's for. It sure can't be for blending because it doesn't blend.

For other blondes who are looking for a light brown/taupe brow with no red/yellow, try the dark brown! It's a pleasant surprise.

Update: I've been using this for months and I still love it. I went back to a few other pencils for a bit, but kept coming back to this. The color is fabulous and it stays on all day. Will definitely buy when this one runs out, but that will take a long time.

Update 4 years later: I've bought this again for 4 years. That's how much I love it. I also use the same pencil in blonde for the top half of my brows and use the dark brown on the bottom half. A pencil lasts at least a year.

Popular Brows Products