Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in petal pink

Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in petal pink

This is part of the Rebel Bloom Collection, which is truly a gift for the cool-toned and pale ladies out there because many of these pinks and purply colors have blue/lavender undertones. This made is really hard for me to decide which ones to buy, but I settled on this one as well as Lilac Flush.
Petal Pink (not to be confused with their other shade Pink Petal!) is a funky light blue-toned pink. Yes, these sort of baby barbie pinks are kinda "teenager-y"and you either love them or hate them. But barbie and baby pinks happen to suit my fair complexion and I absolutely love this one. I usually don't wear bold colors and this is definitely the brightest one in my lipstick collection. I really like like this bubblegum pink hue.

on 11/18/2017 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I thought that this lipstick had a slightly greasy consistency...but I have dry lips so I didn’t mind that it was more on the moisturising side... this petal pink shade was too pale for me, and I did add some liquid lip tint over the top to add a bit more dimension to the lips.

I was comparing this in my head to the collection 2000 lipsticks, which always deliver great colour and wearability, and the formula felt similar to the collection 2000 lipsticks.

It was just a bit too pale for me!

Watch me give it a go here:

Just look for Ayish Zone on YouTube xx