LUSH Bunny Moon Jelly Face Mask

4.3

on 12/8/2017 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mask is ok. I'm not sure if it's really supposed to be magic or anything I mean it's basically talc jelly but it smells nice and it's hella fun to play with and the name is so cute!

LOVE THIS FACE MASK! Feels super weird the first time you touch it with your fingers but OH MY WORD. Once it’s on your skin it feels so light and smells sooo good. Once you rinse it off, oh - now, your skin just feels truly amazing! Well done Lush. Well done!

I wasn't entirely sold on LUSH's new jelly masks, but I picked up Bunny Moon because my skin was freaking out and I wanted something soothing while it sorted itself out. Packaging is standard LUSH packaging - tiny clear tub (which I was told by the sales associate also counts toward their tub return perk). It's easy enough to use, pinch off a little bit and work it into a paste, smear all over one's face. Let it dry for ten minutes or so, and then rinse off (also doesn't take too much elbow grease to rinse off - another added bonus). The Bunny Moon has tiny flecks of gold glitter at the top, and is so pretty! Scent is soothing, not overpowering.

Man, when I wash this off after ten minutes, my skin is glowing, and so, so, soft. Redness has diminished, and it helped soothe some of my really inflamed areas. I follow up with a thick moisturizer and my skin has never felt happier. This mask hasn't caused any adverse reactions for my very sensitive, acne-prone, dry or reactive skin. If you're looking for your first mask for a foray into the jelly masks, this is it!

I'm about half-way through my tub, and I've used it about seven times. The sales associate told me they last longer than their traditional face masks, and that you can probably get a good 15+ uses out of one tub.

on 12/2/2017 11:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this product for ~2 weeks now, every evening after my normal skincare routine. It has the consistency of jell-o, and becomes a soft creamy texture when mushed between the hands. I cut my jelly up into cubes with a knife for easy/cleaner access (rather than pinching off a piece and getting it under my nails and such), then rub the little cube on my cheeks & forehead until it takes on that creamy consistency.

- I gave this product a 4/5 for rating because although it soothes my skin, I don't necessarily feel that it overly hydrates it or anything.
- I gave this product 5/5 for price because you get a lot of bang for your buck (based off my use, that's approximately 1 mask for 1 dollar each time which is fanastic... product is $15 after tax canadian)
- I gave this product a 4/5 for packaging because it's just the basic lush tub, nothing overly special for a face mask

Pros
- smells absolutely delightful (roses for SURE)
- feels so good on the skin
- really fun to use
- leaves my skin feeling soft af afterwards
- soothes a little bit of redness

Cons
- absolute PAIN in the ass to wash off (because it contains algae, when it dries, it just sticks to your face. I have used a warm wash cloth to wash it off before but I like to avoid rubbing my skin roughly as much as possible)

I don't have much bad to say about this product because I really do like it, and it doesn't make my dry/sensitive skin worse whatsoever. It's a nice treat at the end of the day when I'm unwinding.