Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter

Makeup Revolution  Liquid Highlighter
Liquid Highlighter

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is great IF you know how to use it. I take the TINIEST bit (1-2 drops per cheek) and that is enough to do my whole orbital bone and my nose using a beauty blender. You have to work quickly with this product so do one area at a time and then stamp it out with a beauty sponge to get a lovely healthy glow. You could probably build this product up, but I love the naturalish shine the champagne shade gives me since I am pretty pale. Would definitely recommend.

on 7/11/2018 5:15:00 PM

I bought the shade Ethereal (love me a cool-pink highlighter) because I didn't want to shell out the funds for the Cover FX drops... which I regretted as soon as I opened the MR bottle and caught a whiff of the DISGUSTING chemically scent. The scent of makeup never bothers me but this stuff.. smells so wrong.

I love the colour and can layer it under and then over foundation to get an insanely blinding glow, but in addition to my issue with the scent, I also find this product hard to use. It definitely helps to use LESS than you think you need, only work on one small section at a time and work quickly (ie, do not let it sit on your skin for any length of time before working it in), use tapping motions only (no swiping or you'll wipe away your foundation)

I still use this product because I want my money's worth, but I literally have to hold my breath the whole time so I don't gag from the awful stench of this highlighter. Sad :( Mixing with moisturizer is a good fix to boost glow and lessen the stink, but I can't really use it as it's intended. Maybe other colours don't have such a bad smell? I will not be the one to find out lol

on 3/9/2018 11:17:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! I cannot rave enough about this product. So far I just have it in the shade Champagne. I will be trying as many shades as I can though. I have fairish skin tone and I thought Champagne would be too deep for me, and it definitely isn't. I usually do my liquid routine (so everything before powder) and I apply this where I apply my powder highlight and yes I do both cause I am a glowy bish. Now let me tell you some reasons why I love this... I have found in the past any liquid products get gross when I apply powder over them. I apply this and then I set my face, I dared to set it with my airspun powder kinda expecting the highlight to vanish. SHE DID NOT GO ANYWHERE ! :) Then I apply my usual highlight and it is insane. I look like a human star. But listen you can def use this toned down I do that sometimes too, but I love being extra so. Also I have used this mixed in foundation and it gives me a luminous glow. The actual formulation oily feeling... which I love because it goes on so friken nice. It lasts. It looks good on bare skin, caked skin, everything! I love this product. Also did I mention, it's only $9!!!!!!!! Yassss. I am so so so about this product. Try this and I bet you will feel like I do about it. Not only would I repurchase but I would have this products babies. Gotta try all the colors. I'm sure they're all insane.

I ordered two shades, unicorn elixir and luminous gold. I find with the unicorn elixir that when I blend it out the glitter spreads unevenly and it does not look good, however with the gold one I use my fingers to blend across my cheek bones and on the inner corners of my eye and it leaves a very natural and pretty look. I haven't used it under my foundation but I reccomend it for a natural highlight

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i have liquid starlight and liquid champagne i do like the look that it gives when swatch however the big no no i am having with these it that when applied it removes my foundation no matter which way i apply it ..using a spong , or my trusty elf small stipple brush with my finger the outcome is the same ...patches of my foundation missing and that is one reason i wont repurchese and i do not like the dropper at all.

on 2/15/2018 3:04:00 PM

Normally I use MAC's Strobe Cream or Lorac's 3-in-1 Illuminating Primer in Dawn to give me a nice glow underneath my foundation but I decided to give a couple of these Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighters a try instead. Now, I've never tried the Cover F/X highlighters these are supposed to be dupes for so I can't compare them with those. On their own though, I was quite impressed!

I'm not even sure what possessed me to buy Unicorn Tears, I should have known better, especially since I've been staying away from glittery products that only accentuate all the tiny fine lines on my face (I'm over 40) and even without being able to open the bottle and try it you can see looking at the bottom that this is VERY glittery! However, that said, I love this!!!! It's glittery but in a good way, in a magical unicorn way and if used sparingly I can get away with the glitter in this. I wore it for a night out with DH this past weekend and he was complimenting me. Anything that gets a mention from the DH?! Yes, please!

The other color I got was Liquid Starlight and it's beautiful! I would definitely purchase this color again as well. I tried mixing it with my foundation and it gave my face a nice glowy look and it didn't look greasy at the end of my work day either. I've also used it as a highlighter, again, perfect! Now, there IS some glitteryness to this one too if you look REALLY close but it's so fine and I liked the look it gave me so, I won't take too many points off for that.

Overall I'm a fan of these. My ONLY gripe is the packaging...already my Liquid Starlight tube is getting a bit gunked up around the inside and outside rim but, I just keep it clean with a makeup wipe. That's not enough to deter me from using the product. LOVE!!!!

on 12/16/2017 6:18:00 PM

I have this in the shade Starlight, it's a gorgeous pearly shade. These are super high quality for only $9, they are nearly identical to Custom fx drops. I'm N25, neutral, with combo skin, and this highlighter gives my face such an ethereal glow/sheen, looks very natural.. There are tons of shades that range from icy silverish, gold, to holographic shades, if you're into that.. You get a ton of product for $9 @Ulta.. Definitely recommend.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this in the shade Unicorn Tears, and let me just say that it is appropriately named! I love it sooooo much, it's bumped itself onto the top of my favorite highlighter list. It's a beautiful lilac shimmer with a blue and pink shift. Some would call this a glittery highlight, but for those that love a high beam blinding highlight, this is for you. It comes in a dropper bottle, and it's only 9 bucks at Ulta! I find that its a good dupe for Cover FX custom enhancer drops in Halo, at a much more wallet friendly price. Seriously, if you love all things unicorn you need to run and grab this up. I'll add pictures of it so you guys can see how amazing it is.