4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

I finally found this at the new Family Dollar in my area. It took me a week of trial to figure out how I felt about this foundation and I have to say that it has grown on me. I will have to switch and try out the radiant version once winter hits, but this is perfect for me for summer. I have extremely oily skin in the summer and this is perfect for me. The color i have is ivory and i pair it with the mineral pressed powder in light ivory (however, i prefer translucent and cannot fin it anywhere).

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2.0

a year ago

By all accounts this foundation should have been perfect on my oily skin because one its super matte and second its full coverage. Unfortunately because of my skin texture which is flaky in my t-zone despite being oily, this foundation caked up real bad on me. It dries to a heavy powder finish and it just looked like a mask. I tried different methods of application too. I used a brush and I also tried a beauty sponge. No matter what I did I still got the cakey look every time. Another thing I was bummed out about was the shade selection. I bought 3 different shades which all managed to look orangey on me. For reference I bought Warm Honey for summer and then Golden Beige and Soft Beige. I tried to mix and match but soft beige was the least orange on me and even then it still oxidized a bit. I'm really sad it didn't work for me seeing as so many people liked it. I personally liked their Radiant Foundation better than this one. That one worked really well on my skin. Nonetheless I don't completely hate this foundation and I'll try it again when my skin gets better.

About reviewer (182 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

a year ago

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. Between MAC NC15 and NC20. I haven't tried the new MAC shades so for now, I'll continue to mix these two shades half and half. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-forties, some sun damage, and fine creases on my forehead which I get Botox for. I use Retin A once a week. I have dark red/brown hair and green eyes without any brown in them, almost blue. I feel like I have weird colouring which is why I sometimes struggle with finding a matching foundation shade. GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ "The long wearing, high pigment formula applies as a liquid and blends to a beautiful matte, powder-like finish." PACKAGING~ Plastic bottle with a good pump. One of my bottles' lid won't stay on well so it might be tricky to travel with. But, for the cost, it's fine. CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Creamy, thick liquid foundation. APPLICATION~ This is the quickest drying foundation I've ever used! But, it doesn't dry so solidly that you can't work it a bit while it dries down. I use it over NYX Shine-Free primer. It applies well with a damp sponge, a stipple and paddle brush. The brushes give the most coverage. FINISH~ The finish is powdery matte. Not demi matte, but pure seriously Truly Matte, y'all. It's comfortable though! Nothing like NYX and CoverGirl's recent new mattes which are irritatingly dry but do nothing to control oils. This is oil absorbing. It reminds me of MAC Fix Plus Liquid, yep, I said it. This $6 foundation is as good as MAC. It does dry down darker than it goes on so don't hesitate to experiment with the shades, odds are you'll need a lighter shade than you initially think. I love my foundations to be texture free since my skin has a bit of texture already, this isn't cakey or textured at all (you really only need a bit, don't over do it). It doesn't stick to any Retin A flakeys I get either. COVERAGE~ Actually full. Not like drugstore full or kinda full, actually full coverage. STAYING POWER~ With a good dusting of finishing powder it lasts all day without fail all day on my oily, large pored skin. Unlike the new CoverGirl and NYX matte foundations, this looks better when mixed a bit with oils throughout the day, sort of like the Studio Fix and Double Wear does. SCENT~ Unlike Studio Fix, this does not smell like alcohol. It doesn't really smell like anything, there's no scent added so I would say it's completely unscented. SHADES ~ There are only 14 shade and if you're deep skinned, there are what looks like literally two shades for you which is not good. I have to mix two shades for my NC15/20 skin but I could probably get away with natural even though it is sort of too neutral light, but it's not expensive so I have two bottles going and add in some Nude, which makes the right tone and shade for my skin. OTHER NOTES~ Not only is it $6 (in the US, we do pay a bit more here in Canada, more than straight exchange would cost) you also get more foundation than in a normal bottle, it contains 1.35 oz! OVERALL~ As you can probably tell, I adore this foundation. I've been using it on and off since late winter, all through summer and now into fall, I'm ready to say this is a now a staple. I ordered 3 of each shade for back ups. Just a note on Canadian ordering, LA Colors site charges $25 flat international shipping so it would pay to order in bulk but just regular ordering would be silly. I picked my 6 backup bottles up on amazon.ca for less than the LA Colors site given that bonkers shipping cost, so, shop around! I've tried so so many drugstore foundations and I'm not sure why none work for me, I'm shocked this one does. How do they do it for $6? All I can say is try it for yourself! Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format. INGREDIENTS~ I couldn't find them anywhere!

About reviewer (106 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Truly amazing foundation. All claims on bottle are true. Very high pigment, matte, long lasting. I just use this with a flat old school foundation brush because I can swipe it on. When used with a beauty blender it just breaks the foundation apart. So I use this, then set with LM translucent loose powder and my face looks so matte and so nice! I have normal skin so I can't attest to dryness or oil. But if you have normal skin and want something matte with full coverage this is your foundation. Also I only use about 2 pumps for my full face. For the $6 price tag, you can't beat it.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

6-18-18: I have now tried this with my covergirl advanced radiance powder on top and it lasts so much longer...LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. On a whim, I tried the La Colors Truly Matte Long Wearing High Pigment Foundation. The girl at my home town Dollar General had such beautiful skin, I asked her what she wore and she told me about this foundation. I got it for $4.00!!! There are lots of wonderful reviews out there on this foundation. I was shocked at how good it is. You don't need much, coverage is great and UNLIKE most longer wearing foundations, this didn't dry my skin out or enhance my pores...it covers great BUT LOOKS LIKE SKIN!!! Now I am old so I'm trying to stay away from powder on top and so I was oily throughout the day but it's like 100 degrees out and totally humid....I blotted with a tissue and it looked just fine. I wasn't greasy and it NEVER EVER sat in my lines and DID NOT LOOK CAKEY! I am in shock. Their moisturizing lipsticks are $1.00....yes $1.00 and they are fabulous....WHO KNEW!! I am in between NC 15 and NC20 right now. I purchased Soft Beige which was a little dark. I then purchased the Natural which would be a good NC 15 alone, but I mix them. I have always stayed away from longer wearing foundations as I don't like how they feel or look....dry....crackiing my skin....making my pores look giant!! But this one doesnt do that...I do moisturize but I LOVE IT!!! Never have heard of this line before but for $4.00...it's worth a try....The colors in the bottle are a little deceiving....they do dry a tad darker as all longer wearing foundations do but I'm very pleased....

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Very pigmented. A little goes a long way so only use a bit at a time. This foundation seems to be full coverage and although its matte and i have normal to dry skin, it doesnt make my face look dry. I underestimated this foudation i just wish l.a colors will expand the shade range and keep undertones in mind. P.S. this oxidizes so keep that in mind when choosing a color.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

2 years ago

If your are like me, you will like this foundation. Super matte, really good price and not cakey at all. I'm really surprised with this product, it's a must!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

2 years ago

I have gone through trying so many foundation lines, and I would either never find anything that came even remotely close to matching my skin tone, or either find two shades that I ended up mixing together to help get a good enough shade to match me, or just settle for a foundation shade that comes close enough and make it work. When L.A. Colors released this new foundation, and I saw a major Youtuber raving about it, I just had to try it, and I am so glad that I did, because this foundation has become a huge favorite of mines, and is the only foundation that I have been wearing since I got it. First off, the shade range is decent, but not very long. However, within the shade range, I found 3 colors that I can actually get away with wearing, which is a miracle, since finding one shade alone within any foundation line to match me, is always a big hassle. In MAC, I have used the following shades, NC30, NW30, and C2. I have a medium skin tone with pink-to-sometimes peachy undertone. The foundation has a short list of ingredients in it, nothing that I find to be troublesome to my sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. Also, the foundation is both fragrance and oil free. It does have a chemical paint smell, to it, that is strong, and did over time become so bothersome to to me, til it started to make me nauseous, and I did eventually stop wearing it. Which is the only major con with the foundation is it's paint snell, and I am someone who definitely don't care for strong scents, and even though it is fragrance free, the company could have done something about the paint snell before they released it. The paint smell is actually due to the ingredient Isododecane, which carries with it a scent of its own. And, when used in a large amount within any foundation, you will be able to distinctly smell such. However, what most people don't realize is that this ingredient is in a ton of foundations. But, a lot of people don't take the time to really research ingredients in products before they buy them. I know a lot of people were happy when Fenty Beauty released 40 shades to start off when the line debuted, however, the foundation has a lot of chemical fragrance in it, which is not good for ones skin both in the short and long-term. You never know what is in a chemical fragrance, yet a lot of people are willing to risk their skin's overall health, just for a brand name foundation that happens to get a lot of hype, when the foundation contains a major skin irritant or irritants within it. Which is why, I personally do prefer to buy fragrance free foundations only. However, even some fragrance foundations can have strong scents to them. Which is unfortunate with this particular foundation, because out side of that I found everything else about it to be really, really great! The foundation bottle comes with a pump, which is a huge plus. You get 1.36 fl. ozs. of product inside the bottle. I apply the foundation with the L.A. Colors new Foundation Brush, and the foundation goes on awesome, I am able to get medium-to-full coverage, and I have never experienced any caking, creasing, or nothing weird at all to my face while wearing this foundation. I also find that I don't even need to set the foundation if I don't want to. Now, I don't wear a primer or moisturizer underneath this foundation at all. However, this foundation I can truly say stays matte on me all day until I take it off. It doesn't give off that very strong matte look or feel to ones face like Estee Lauder's Double Wear Liquid foundation does. It provides a natural looking, matte finish that lasts until I wash my makeup off. at night. Because the foundation is a full coverage one, you definitely have to make sure that you remove every trace of it off of your face at night, or else, that will lead to clogged pores. I make sure to thoroughly take off my makeup first, and then I use my facial cleanser to make sure that my face is left 100% clean of all dirt, grime, pollution, etc. If you are very scent sensitive, then I highly recommend skipping it now due to the strong paint smell. But, if you're not, then it is definitely worth giving a try for sure!

About reviewer (972 reviews)

Age36-43