Essie TLC

No Image

4.8

My OPI Nail Envy is aging, so I came across this at Walmart and figured I had nothing to lose. I got it in Sheer to You, and I love.it. Perfect sheer shade and it enhances natural nails. It doesn't get gloppy like an opaque pastel polish. I've had two coats on for a week and it hasn't chipped. I work for a repo company and am constantly opening cars, inspecting the engine compartment, and not a nick in the polish. Love this.

on 3/29/2018 11:09:00 PM

So I've been a member of Makeupalley a good long while -at least 6+ years and this is the first time I've felt compelled to write a review. Essie's new TLC line is fantastic. It's a base coat, nail treatment, nail color and a top coat in one. I've been using the product for two weeks and my nails are already stronger and aren't splitting as they normally do. I groom dogs on regular basis so my hands are in a lot of water and subjected to rough treatment from the grooming tools I use. The color goes on smoothly and dries quickly. It takes 2 coats to cover and I find that the polish doesn't chip or peel off but when it wears off the tips. I just reapply a coat and I'm good to go. I'm hoping Essie introduces new darker colors soon. I removed a lippie for the packaging because I think it's rather boring and makes it harder to see the product at retail. Put this on your must try list! UPDATE. Three weeks later and I still have long strong nails with no peeling or breaking. Love this product!

on 2/24/2018 8:18:00 AM

This is a new Essie polish line that was recently released. Initially I bought the sheer colors to wear between gel appointments to give my nails a break. I was pleasantly surprised that these go on very nicely and the color stays on for 7-10 days with no chipping or tip wear! Which is amazing b/c this is not advertised as long wear like the gel couture line (which does not last more than 5 days on my nails without showing wear). New cream formulas and colors are now available at Target and on Amazon. I love the soft spring colors and same great wear. Still waiting for the full color line to be released as shown on Essie.com. If you are looking for a long-wear polish, this is amazing! I will say I usually get my nails done at salon, so it may stay on longer due to their technique. I have noticed the brushes can be hard to work with as noted by some beauty bloggers. But overall, still a great long-wear formula and alternative to gel!

on 11/12/2017 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've got this in Treat Me Bright and On the Mauve. Treat Me Bright goes on very sheer, and even after 3 coats, you can still see through it. I like it best with 2 coats, which results in a sheer, slightly iridescent white. On the Mauve also goes on sheer, but three coats result in a pretty, opaque taupe with a lavender undertone - very pretty against my medium olive skin. Based on what I've read, I used these with no base or top coat. To my great surprise, both remained chip-free for 5 days each time I've worn them. I don't know if they're more gentle on nails or not, but my nails look great after I've removed the polish - they don't appear dried out and look like I've just buffed them. I use non-acetone remover, and it easily takes off three coats, unlike other polishes. The colors are not deep or rich, but they're pretty. I will buy again.

Popular Polishes