Morphe 35O2 - Second Nature

4.8

Morphe always has some affordable eye palettes, some that are okay and some that are really beautiful. The Second Nature Eye Shadow Palette is very beautiful and you can use this to make some very striking eye looks. If you prefer a more natural or neutral eye look I would avoid this palette- the colors are all very beautiful, stunning, and bright. The colors are all very buildable and pigmented. One of the only issues I have with this is that it makes creating a full eye look or a natural look slightly challenging because it lacks a light enough color to use for the brow bone. If you like bold colors, though, the Second Nature Palette is worth considering for your collection. My more detailed review and complete swatches can be seen here:

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Wow, this is the best warm toned eyeshadow palette I have ever tried; the mattes are powdery but pigmented and the metallics are beautiful. I have tried the urban decay naked heat and morphe just blows it; the morphe palette has more shades, more pigment, is more affordable, and the shades do not muddy together unlike the urban decay ones. I was afraid of using red eyeshadow but this palette has changed that. I have heard many negatives about morphe but the quality and price of this palette has changed my views about the brand; this is one of the few products that meet up to the internet hype.

Cons: The black shade has bad fallout and the pale gold shade to the upper left has no pigment. The brown shades are honestly very similar. Don’t pack on too much shadow or it will look muddy and you will get fallout; the best shades are the midtone ones

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is stunning! For me this is the morphe palette with the most wearable shades ( and there’s finally a black which the 35O lacked). Morphe palette are affordable with slightly less luxury packaging without compromising on product quality and also with this palette you now have named colours which is new to morphe.
However, morphe doesn’t have a mirror in their palette and they also due to the matte finish of the packaging finger prints do show up.
Yes this isn’t a palette you can really take in the go with you or easily pack, you do get a lot of product! I mean 35 shades for £23 is pretty good. There is a cohesive element to the shades with highly pigmented (and might I add little fall out) warm undertoned and orangey hues and there is a really pretty gold shade also. Plus the shadows themselves are buttery and very easy to blend, a little product goes a long way. This palette I also believe will suit many skin tones.

I definitely think if you want an a ride or die palette you are looking at it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Honestly this is the best eyeshadow pallet every created. There are endless looks you can create with this. Morphe is the best brand out there! SO affordable and pigmented!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

What can I say, I love this palette with all my heart. Everytime I look at it, I get inspired for a new look. I didn’t own many warm colours but I noticed these are really suiting my skin tone especially in the autumn and winter. The pigmentation is sooo perfect! I can’t complain at all, there might be a TINY bit of fallout but nothing you can handle and it’s expected when a powder is so damn pigmented. Since it is so strong, you realise you only use a bit and it does stretch so the value for money is perfect as it’ll last longer.

I don’t mean to throw shade at Urban Decay but I really liked the shades in their naked heat palette but because it was so expensive I knew I could never buy it. I think this is a greater alternative as it’s way cheaper, great quality, similar shades and way more colour options!

I’ve heard this palette has the same eyeshadow formula as the Jaclyn Hill Palette which I don’t personally own but this has made me want to buy that palette also!
You can create so many great warm looks with this palette, go bold, neon, dark/smokey, natural etc. Honestly there’s so much choice!

The only thing I would complain about is I wish they replaced one shade with a matte base colour, something to set down your base or just a creamy shade really to highlight your brow bone🤷🏻‍♀️ I can still make do with my other palettes that include a shade like this but I don’t mind that.

Overall, if you’re warm skin toned, I highly recommend this palette as it complements your skin over cool toned shadows! Personally I think everyone can enjoy this palette

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The thirty five eyeshadow shades [in a nice mix of matte and shimmer] are a medley of warm neutrals; nude, brown, orange, red, bronze and copper. I'm an autumnal girl, so the changing-and-falling-leaves colour palette screams "get me on your face now", but I think the shades are appealing in any season. The shades are all earthy and warm toned, but it's more of a sepia-warm rather than a toasty beam of colour, so I feel that I can wear everything with my neutral/cooler-leaning skintone. I think that the shades picked are universally flattering, that [going off online swatch photos] can be worn on all skintones making it a very inclusive palette; it can be used for a variety of complete eye looks, with a variety of shades to suit every skintone - such a major plus, with including everyone with this.

I have liked the majority of looks I've done to date. The blendability is mostly good - I've noticed that layering a matte shadow over a shimmer one when shadowing the edges of the eye can be iffy to blend out. There isn't much fallout compared to the other palette from Morphe that I've used in the past. To get a good idea about the wearability of the shadows, I haven't been using eyeshadow primer with this palette and found that for the most part the pigmentation is really nice and there is no fading. However I do have a issue with the pigmentation on the formula and pigmentation on the dark matte shades; some of them don't apply as deep as they look in their pans, and are a bit on the patchy side. They build up okay, but still look a bit muted. Also; there are a few shades that end up looking pretty much the same, after they've been applied and blended, so this is not really a 35 pan palette imho.

This palette actually has lots of the same kind of warm neutrals that are in the Jaclyn Hill palette and I prefer the bold colour pops in Second Nature, so I wish that I'd skipped the JH palette and had gone straight to this one; we're getting the same sort of shades I love in the same quality of formula, but £14 cheaper and in a better quality of palette - we even get an insert with the shade names on this time [see my JH review for my full rant].

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I am not the biggest Morphe fan, but I must say, WOW! This is a great palette! All sorts of Red/Orange/Brown/Earthy goodness! If you are not a fan of warm palettes, avoid, but if you're like me, and warm browns give your life? You better get this palette! The shimmers are intense and the mattes are very intense. Even the black shadow is nice. There is a bit of fallout so take it easy when using your brushes. Also there really isn't a good highlight shade which is odd seeing as though I have very dark skin. All in all, this is one of the best palettes you can get for only $23. Buy it.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Dear Lord this palette is pigmentation personified. I tried to get the original palette but I am happy it stayed sold out until I was no longer interested because this is the palette that should have been. I read extensive reviews on the original, enough to know that the quality in shadows was lacking. Well I can say from experience in using this palette for the past month that these are beautiful, pigmented, blendable shadows. The shimmers are creamy with no fallout, except for the gold in the top left corner. I had not given into the red palettes that have been coming out as of late, you know UD Heat, Smashbox Ablaze, Anastasia Modern Renaissance to name a few. But when I saw this I knew I would use all of the colors. As a woman of color, this is something everyone deeper than a MAC NC42 should have. I say that because none of the shadows are too light and ashy. You can use all of them. And the cherry on top is the matte black in the lower right corner of the palette. I will use this over and over. Very well done. I am NW45for reference. The shimmers are to die for.

Popular Palettes