E.L.F. Cosmetics Prep & Hydrate Balm

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/10/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I. Love. This. Having dry skin, I am constantly on the hunt for hydrating primers and this does balm does not disappoint. I fly quite a bit and I love that this primer is TSA friendly since it's a solid so I can bring it along in my carry on. It's also super easy and quick to apply. I just swipe it all over my face in the morning, no fuss. It's super light and sinks in quickly with no balmy residue so I don't need to go over it again with my hands and it doesn't tug on my skin at all when applying. There's a light scent (which, I could do without but it doesn't bother me or irritate my skin at all) and there's a slightly cooling effect when applied. It feels nice. The thing that makes this so awesome is that despite all it's very lightweight properties, it hydrates and preps my skin really well for makeup. I still use a moisturizer under this because I have dry skin (and live through Canadian winters). I don't think this would be enough hydration as your only moisturizer for most people and definitely not if you have normal/dry skin.

I believe it's only available online so I've already purchased many backups of this (probably too many but right now elf is having a 50% off sale so these are literally $4.. whhhaaat). I reach for this over a lot of my other higher end primers just because of the ease factor.

If this is sold out, their Workout Ready Hydration Stick looks like it has the exact same ingredients so I'd imagine it's VERY similar if not exactly the same and just repackaged. This one was sold out for a long time but it's been back for a bit now I think. For a while now I've only been using high end makeup (not sure.. why or how that happened) but I've recently rediscovered the beauties of the drugstore world and I'm loving it.