CeraVe Psoriasis Cleanser

No Image

1 review

on 11/10/2017 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disclosure: I don't have psoriasis. I do have cloggy/oily/dehydrated facial skin, and am prone to KP. I saw this newest Cerave cleanser in my local DS and thought it might be a less drying alternative to Cerave's Skin Renewing cleanser, which is good, but a little too drying for my face for everyday use. This is a clear, fragrance-free, medium-foaming liquid in a handy bright blue pump bottle. Like the renewing cleanser, it contains BHA (2%). However, it also contains a bunch of other ings not found in the Renewing cleanser, such as a shea butter derivative. My skin was very dehydrated when I 1st tried this, so I was very happy at how moisturized and smooth it felt after the 1st use, w/ pretty much all my fine dehydration lines plumped out. Very nice. I also used on KP prone areas of my body in the shower. However, on the 2nd day, my face felt somewhat greasy/filmy. By day 3, my face felt quite oily/filmy and started to itch. My body skin, though, loved it - moisturized yet exfoliated. By day 4 of daily use, however, my face was very greasy, and was clogging and starting to break out. I had to start a round of 2.5% BP to treat the outbreak. Too bad, it seems either this is too rich for my super oily/dehydrated face, or something in it irritates my face. It may be the shea butter derivative, I don't know. So, this stuff does not work for my oily face, but works very well for my dry/KP prone body areas. I cannot use this on oily body areas such as ears/chest/upper back, but anywhere else is fine. I will continue to use on body KP, but it's a no-go for face and oily areas. People with dry cloggy skin and who can tolerate shea butter would probably love this stuff. Oh, and yes, of course, those w/ the intended target skin condition, psoriasis, might really like it!