Urban Decay Hideaway Vice Lipstick (comfort matte)

No Image

1 review

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/10/2017 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been eyeballing Hideaway since the summer. But Hideaway, on my nw20, deep winter complexion with naturally rosey brown lips, seemed very Fallish to me. It is yet another mauve lipstick. I have a ton. But this shade kept calling me. When it was 90+ and uber humid, it was not right. Now that it finally looks and feels like Fall, it was sheer perfection on me (especially with my Sin blush and my MAC Burguncy x9 palette). HIdeaway is a great mauve for those that feel other shades go too lavender or purple (or pinky). To me it is a mauve with a subtle hint of brown. You can still feel the purple component, much like you see it in NARS Sin Blush. But much like Sin, when it is on, it just turns into a Fall neutral perfection. In the summer it reminded me of those 90's type shades, but with a modern twist and a touch of that stoney feel that is in now. Now, while it still holds some of those characteristics, it is just the perfect happy medium between shades like MAC Mmmmmm or UD Backtalk that might be considered more nude and shades like NYX LaLa that are deeper than an MLBB level. While Bobbi Brown Blue Raspberry is gel like and glossy, Hideaway reminds me a bit of a matte version of that shade. And Blue Raspberry is my no brainer every day lipstick in the Fall.

Hideaway is a what Temptalia calls a "warmer" mauve * she gives this shade a solid "A". Hideaway does not turn orangey on me (because I turn everything orangey). I also recently purchased MAC Mmmmmm. That is a lovely nudish, pink mauve much more nude than Hideaway. It makes Hideaway look like a Fall version of MLBB. UD Backtalk is a mauve too, but more pink and with a touch of that lavender tone. NYX LaLa comes off much more purple toned & deep but still gives me that fall mauve based vibe. UD Rapture feels very pinky plum and brighter compared to the other shades. MAC Brave is more muted with almost a gray toned pink.