2.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Damn why are the reviews on this so harsh ? I honestly Thought covergirl knocked it out of the park with this one. If you like clump crusher or exact lash or basically mascara that lengthens and separates you will LOVE this. If you like mascara with the fuzzy non precise applicators for volume you might not like this. But I have this on right now and with two coats I look like I have on falsies. Covergirl in my opinion makes the best mascara and by far the best wands. They make hard rubber wands and that can be hard to find. But still compared to L'Oréal telescopic, Bare minerals or benefit they're real! All of which have rubber wands, covergirl has amazing formula too. it doesn't smudge or end up under your eyes and at the end of the day there's barely any flakes. People really sleep on cover girl but it is my favorite Drugstore brand and my favorite mascara makers of any high end or drugstore. I would buy their mascara if they were at sephora for 25$. I feel blessed they're at target for $8.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I bought this intrigued by the brush. I enjoyed applying it and felt it separated my lashes well and lengthened them. BUT - I COULD NOT wash this off!!! I used not only my normal eye cleanser, but then followed with a make-up remover wipe and there was STILL product on my eyelashes! Sure, I like the idea of a waterproof product, but non-washable?? Forget it! My eyes were so sore and burny after how long it took me to wash them. And this morning I can still feel product on the lashes! I'll be sticking with my regular mascara products from now on. Bummer.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I received a tube of this mascara in a beauty box and I thought it was going to be gimmicky due to the shape of the brush bristles, but I actually like it. The formula is buildable and starts out wet like most mascaras, but dries to a nice consistency after a few uses, which I prefer since it's not as messy when applying. It gives my lashes a decent amount of volume and length with 2-3 coats. For those of you who have only used this once and given up, you should give this mascara another chance. The formula is much easier to work with after a few uses. I have already repurchased this and I will probably alternate this with a few other mascaras that I like.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Really hate this mascara. It has a complicated wand which makes it near impossible to really get close to your lashline without poking yourself. It's not very volumizing or lengthening, it just separates the lashes. I guess it's ok if you want natural lashes but then I'd rather use one with an easier to use wand.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

I read a really flattering review on Paula's Choice and believed it, Wished I had checked here first. The tube is definitely pretty but huge and the large twisted brush is really clunky. It had smeared initially so I put it over my Shiseido mascara base.and surprisingly the smearing got worse - something I have not experienced before. I went back to using it alone and it has been much better. It clumped initially and I added a little water which helped. I can comb out the few clumps I still get. I can build a bit of volume with it but really have to work at it.. This does not hold a curl or keep the lashes in place. (I like a stiff mascara as my lashes, on their own, lean toward my nose and, of course, I want them to flare outward.) That was what I expected with this, but no. After a few hours my lashes are straight and appear sort of tangled as if the mascara has worn of some lashes more than others. I've given this 3 lippies only because the price is decent and it has stopped smearing so much. I will definitely not repurchase.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairSilver

EyesBlue

2 years ago

The metallic teal packaging is really cool looking. The mascara wand and formula is average for this price range. I am not a fan of the plastic bristles or the twisty curves of the mascara brush. I get good length and a hint of volume from this. It wants to flake and clump with the first application, but you can comb thru this due to the plastic bristles. It lasted all day without smudging or smearing off, but I just was not that impressed with this one.

About reviewer (3091 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

2 years ago

Goes on with some drama and easy to apply but has a flaky texture on lids and smears a bit. Wouldn’t buy again but have used worse and maybe I’ll try to get at least a month or two out of it

About reviewer (195 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

Doesn’t do what it says at all. Unless you already have nice fluffy lashes, do not buy this. This will not give you lashes at all. Smashbox and Lancôme mascaras will.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

2 years ago

This is just okay. First off, I'm not wild about thin, plasticky bristles, and the twist in the lash brush isn't appealing to me, either. That said, I don't like huge, bushy mascara brushes, either. I prefer a happy medium. If this didn't have the twisty lash comb I might like it better, but it doesn't and it doesn't seem to make it any more useful or easier to use. Applying it on my lashes, it seems to be best on the outer corners, where I can use it to add a bit more length and flare, but I prefer a mascara that makes me feel like I've got some lashes, and not just a few painted hairs. Everywhere else aside from the outer corners, t's kind of meh. Where I want length and volume, I don't get much, and it doesn't really cooperate too well on my lower lashes. I don't have thick eyelashes and this just seems to accentuate how little I have on the lower lid. After this stuff had set, I gently touched my lashes and noticed a few little clumps coming off, which isn't how I expect a mascara to perform. The best thing about it is the pretty teal blue tube it comes in. I'd rather it were less of a pretty package and more of a workhorse that gives me length and volume (or at least one of each). I'll use it, but it won't be anything I would choose if I want wow lashes for some occasion. It'll be more of a "yeah, I'll slap on a bit of mascara before running to the grocery store" product.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

I feel mixed on this. Yes it gives some length and some volume. Is it a HG mascara that I'll keep forever and be upset of they discontinue? Not really. I'm always trying new mascaras. I use the CG Clump Crusher as a base mascara as it separates my lashes. This mascara had problems with clumping and too much product on the wand. If those could be fixed it'd be a great everyday mascara on its own. For now I'll use it up. But once it's done I'll most likely try something else. 6/1/18 Update: I still use this but I still don't think anything great of it. It's mediocre at best IMO. I'll keep an eye out for something better.

About reviewer (739 reviews)

Age30-35