Huda Beauty Obsessions Eye Shadow Palette - Warm Browns

Huda Beauty  Obsessions Eye Shadow Palette - Warm Browns
 Obsessions Eye Shadow Palette - Warm Browns Obsessions Eye Shadow Palette - Warm Browns Obsessions Eye Shadow Palette - Warm Browns

4.3

--------MATTE SHADES:Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Capryl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May contain ( /-): CI 77891 [Titanium Dioxide], CI 77491 [Iron Oxides], CI 77492 [Iron Oxides], CI 77499 [Iron Oxides], CI 16035 [Red 40 Lake], CI 19140 [Yellow 5 Lake], CI 42090 [Blue 1 Lake].-------------FOIL SHADES: Mica, CI 42090 [Blue 1 Lake], CI 77742 [Manganese violet], CI77492 [Iron Oxides], CI 77499 [Iron Oxides],CI 16035 [Red 40 Lake]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the Obsessions palette in 'Warm Brown' and 'Coral'. The likes: in each mini palette there are 9 highly pigmented and blendable colors that last (well over 8 hours on me). It's also light and compact enough to slip into my handbag and travel with me wherever I go. My only gripe is the glitters have a degree of fallout regardless of what primer (usually Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer potion) I use, however it's not such a biggie as it isn't major fallout. I picked mine up at Sephora during a stop over in Canada. Pricey for a small palette but worth it imo.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

This palette is greaaaat quality and totally travel friendly. Also a lot of possibilities for warm toned eyeshadow looks.

Gorgeous, long-lasting shades with great pigment, in a nice little package that’s easy to throw in your bag and go.

Due to some circumstances I couldn't try any of Huda products (the brand just came in my country, delivery takes to much and somtimes the parcel never arrive to the receiver, the price is a little bit out there and so on) and when i found this tiny-little palette at a local Sephora store I had to have it.
It's kind of pricey but, from my point of view it worth all the money. The colors are very pretty, soft-creamy texture, blend like a dream and are very pigmented. The shades didn't faded throughout the day. They started to creas on my after 8 hours, for me is impressive (I have eyeshadows from KvD, MUFE and they did't last that much on me - using the same primer - MAC Paint pot).
Has the shades needed for the entire eye makeup - base, transition, smokey. First I have thought that the shades are kind of boring, but after trying them i have changed my mind.
Worth to try it!

on 1/7/2018 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The texture is super nice!!

on 12/22/2017 10:55:00 PM

These colours are beautiful and so pigmented! Perfect for creating a warm eye. They texture is smooth and blendable and they have no fallout except the darkest shade, but even at that it was gone with a swipe of translucent powder. There are eight matte shades which I love as I always go for matte shades as they're far more versatile! These colours are perfect for my hazel eyes and the gold shimmer shadow in the middle is the perfect touch of glam. It is a really small palette but each individual pan contains the same amount of product as Huda's larger palettes. It is the perfect palette for travelling as it is small and has such a great selection of colours, easy to create any looks from day to night. Even though it is expensive for such a small palette it is definitely worth it.

Gah! for those gals who can wear the warm oranges, it's a dream come true!

I only leave reviews for great products or epic, and I mean epic fails so that others can learn from my experiences either way.

Here's why I LUV it:

- tons of warm orange tones (not just one orange-ish option) - I have yet to come across this many orange based colours in one pallet. I usually have to get a pallet that has a ton of other colours and ONE orange. Or buy the random single. Groan.
- even the light colour is good! almost every pallet has that one (maybe two) throw away colours that you never touch and end up tossing. I normally don't do a yellow/white with a preference to a pink/peach white, but this one plays very well with the rest so it's a hit too!
- I've tried all but the most burgundy colour (upper left). I have an allergy to red pigments (like ANYTHING PURPLE) where my eyelids get itchy and swollen so I have to pace myself each time I try any warm colours and I have to try them one at a time so i can isolate which colour gives me issues (I'll update here once I give the last one a shot), but I had no negative reactions to any of the other colours
- stickability factor is awesome! very pigmented and holds all day (i use the blinc eye primer and nothing goes nowhere). When I go to take it off with my Make-Up Eraser cloth at the end of the night, that can tackle anything, I had to go over my eyes a second time to really remove it!
- the metallic doesn't fall and drop all over your face and in your eyes - who needs that? Seriously, just last week I was removing small chunks of glitter out of my eyes from the Stila Magnificent Metals glitter. It was a physical hazard.

For a small pallet, I thought the price point was initially a bit high... until I used it. It's now worth EVERY PENNY to me $35 CDN I believe at Sephora. The packaging was underwhelming. Basically a high end cardboard container and the lid doesn't lock into place. If you are planning on traveling with it keep the little plastic sleeve that wraps around it. For $35 I would have expected a higher end case. This gives off the impression that it should be a $16 Sephora brand pallet

UPDATE:

I tried the darkest burgundy colour a few times now and I did have a mild allergic reaction to it so I'll be steering clear of that colour.

on 11/9/2017 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Huda Beauty Obessions Eye Shadow Palettes are a more affordable, travel friendly line of shadows that retails for $27. You get 9 pans of shadows, a total of 10 grams of product, making each pan a little over 1 gram each. Even though the palette looks tiny, it has a good amount of product. It's made in China while Huda's bigger palettes are made in Italy.

I have the Warm Browns palette which consist of 8 mattes and 1 shimmer. I find it's a good mix of warm brown shades and you can do a complete eye look with. The darker shades are a little patchy but can be built up and blends out well. The medium and lighter tones are more pigmented and easier to apply. It is a little powdery and I did get a bit of fall out.

Overall, I think these eyeshadows are good for the price. The quality is about the same as Huda's Rose Gold palette but not as good as her Desert Dusk. It's not the same level as Viseart or Natasha Denona eye shadows which I find effortless to apply- you don't need to layer or blend much to achieve a beautiful eye look. Huda's take more work to use more layering and blending.