The Body Shop Vitamin C Instant Glow Enhancer

The Body Shop Vitamin C Instant Glow Enhancer
Vitamin C Instant Glow Enhancer

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/19/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

It is a slightly scented dark orange color cream that is supposed to make dull/tired skin look glowy and healthy. I bought it spontaneously on a 50% sale in the Body Shop store and have been trying it out for about a month.

Even though it is orange, it does not give any tint to my light-to-medium tone skin. Once it gets absorbed, it is invisible on my face. Does it give any glow though? Not really... Or not more than a daily moisturizer. However, I would not replace my moisturizer with this product since it is slightly more tacky and less hydrating. It is not a moisturizer nor a primer... nor a highlighter. I am sad to say that I still have not found a good place for this product in my skincare or makeup regime.

I am also not convinced that it could be beneficial (brightening?) in a long term. I have seen Vitamin C results on my skin when using high quality serums where Vitamin C concentration was as high as between 10% and 20%. Yet it took me several months (of daily applications) to see the first positive effects. TBS does not indicate Vitamin C concentration on this product packaging which makes me think it cannot be very potent.

I can give this product two lippies simply for not messing up with my skin (it does not irritate, does not effect my makeup application or appearance), but I am disappointed about not seeing any effect whatsoever. Will not repurchase it.

on 11/5/2017 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this from TJMAXX for $2.99. It was sealed and as fresh as it could be in comparison with the same product from TBS store. The product is like a paste and has an orange color. The color disappears and the skin stays illuminated but not too shiny. Vitamin C has been great for my skin in general and this product is no exception. My face can look dull and ashy but this product perks it up. Highly recommended!