Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin tone : Dark

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a sample size of this from an ebay seller and so far am liking it. It's a bit drying to use under my eyes but works great on the less dry areas- it's finely milled so the finish is very smooth, and the yellow color (not a problem w/ my skin tone) brightens. For high shine, it's decent. Lasts about as long as the Sonia Kushuk pressed powder but probably not as long as some specialty powders (i presume).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

The infamous Ben Nye banana powder. Definitely hit or miss. Unfortunately a miss for me. I'm an NW45 for reference. I lean more golden/yellow undertone and this looked soooo ashy on me. Maybe I didn't blend it enough? I guess I'll never know because as soon as I saw the pics I took that night I almost died from embarrassment. OMG it was so bad. It looked like someone slapped me in the face with flour. This is not a "one size fits all" product. I'll be switching over to Ben Nye Topaz.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, it's gives my makeup a perfect finish I have dark tone yet it's good for highlighting. ....I love this again and again

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I first heard about these products in various makeup tutorial on YouTube. I herd that Kim Kardashian uses the powder. So I went searching online to find the powder. I bought the product from www.clownantics.com the 1.5 oz for $15 The product came fairly quickly. I was so happy when it arrived. I immediately tried it. The powder is so silky, you dot need much product. I use this to set my highlighted areas. It doesn't AF much color but it does add a small tint of color. The powder does not move on your face at all. The bottle does last a very long time, I am at about halfway through the bottle and I use it everyday an it's been about 5 months now. The powder can sometimes look a bit too caked looking but it can be fixed by wetting a sponge and patting the areas. These powders are the bomb I highly recommend them.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Sooooooo let me break this down. I'm a beautiul bronze in black opal, C8(cocoa) in l'oreal tru match and I use coconut in maybelline fit me(the matte one) i say all that to give you an idea of my complexion btw i have oily skin. So yes do go out and buy this powder HOWEVER and this is a very important however the right shade is key. So when doing my makeup i'll use la girls fawn or toffe as highlight i'll blend it with my beauty blender and then on to my Ben Nye banana powder, trust me when i say my face looked soooo damn good after, matte smooth and even. I felt sooo damn confident stepping out, i had to take a few pics to let ig know whats good. Sheesh!!! let me tell u this i dnt know if its the flash or the lighting of the camera or whatever but my face looked a mess in the pics. It had like a white powdery look which just wasnt right at all. When i asked around why that happens they'll state its bcuz the powder is too light. Sigh now i have all this banana powder and dnt know what to do with it. I'm thinking of purchasing the Topaz one, i'll keep y'all posted.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this to use on my days where I wear heavier makeup, like going out or doing something fun, etc. Not on days where I go to work or run errands and want a lighter face. However, I found another setting powder I love more than Ben Nye (Buttercup Powder) so I stopped using this for a while.

Well, it's summer and my face has been getting super oily and I hated it. I've used blotting tissue, translucent pressed powders, primers and matte foundations together and it got me maybe a couple of hours but not enough time. Well, I decided to go ahead and try this on my off days.

First off, it can get a little ashy if you use too much. I wear the color Caramel in Revlon C/O. This powder if probably more for medium-dark skin tones. I pat some onto my face with a brush and let it bake for about 10 minutes and then brush the excess off. Since I use a light face of makeup and don't heavily highlight nor do I contour it can give that non-dimensional makeup face look. However, after a few minutes your skin will naturally set the rest if that makes sense. It does give your face a soft, natural look.

After using this, I did notice it helped oil. The only place it didn't help was my nose, but ya know, I'm not surprised. I still had to blot a little around the T-Zone area but overall I do feel like it helped. I think I will stick to using this for my routine.

One thing, the packaging sucks. Like, really sucks. It's really messy trying to put it on and you are bound to get it everywhere.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The shaker top is a NO. It's annoying as hell trying to get product out. I wish that this was a set powder. Otherwise for myNC50 skin it's great if applied lightly and blended. I use it only for going out on the town as my skin is dry. I'm unsure if I would but it again as MAC Studio Careblend powder seems to do the job just as well and blends better with my darker skin tone.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Deeming as everybody and their cousin's mother has this powder - it was only fair I'd do a review too. Not going to ramble too much but I'm strictly analysing on my personal experiences with the Ben Nye powder. I bought this powder last year October/November and still not even half way through this powder. I've seen a lot of young ladies doing overkill with this powder, over powdering the under eyes aging them twice their age... this powder ain't a golden ticket to looking like Kim Kardashian. However with proper use - this can do wonders, can highlight subtley, sets the concealer evenly and prolongs the wear. This powder isn't for everyone but personally it's a must in my collection - I am willing to try other powders.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is meant to be used as a highlighter/setting powder after concealer is used to highlight! With that being said for me it does work well! Downfall is its soo messy and stains , not easy to manage.I pour it on the cap use a brush collect some and apply esp. under eyes,forehead.The price is right but if one gets the Anastasia contouring kit- good luck on that it's sold out everywhere! It comes in a palette amongst other colors! More value if u ask me

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I love this product.The packaging sucks like my grandmothers powder lol but whats inside is amazing.You get so much for the price and will take you forever to run out, and I'm a pro freelance makeup artist and use it everyday.Use it sparingly on darker skin NW-35 AND DARKER.But it is beautiful on all skin tones for the under eye area.Can look a little washed out in photographs so please place blend out well, and do not cake on !