Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

4.4

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this powder because of the hype and the price but I'm afraid the saying 'you get what you pay for' applies to this.
I have combination skin, my noise gets very oily, I used this powder to bake and also as an over all powder. After just a short time I could see the powder seperating on my noise and it was was very shiny, also under my eyes looked very dry and ashy I could see it sat on my skin and my face looked very powdery.
It feels like a cheap drug store brand and I have switched to Laura Mercier which looks amazing on my skin.
I am unsure what skin type this suits as it doesn't control oil and it would cling to dry skin, it gets rave reviews so it must work for some skin types but I unfortunately not for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best setting powder. I use it over my glossier concealer and I bake it. The results are unbelievable. My skin looks glowy and it really makes the eyes super bright and radiant. I think it's a pretty decent amount for what you pay for. What I do is I get a little tiny saucer (like the ones at sushi restaurants for soy sauce) and put in the exact amount I need. It's not possible to use the cap because it's way too small. I apply it either with a damp beauty blender or with a brush, let it bake for 7-10 minutes and buff/dust the rest off and get the airbrushed look.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely love this so much, I first heard of it when I saw a video of Kim K using it and seeing as I'm totally obsessed with her makeup and hair I just had to try it and I feel in love !!! It's perfect to set my concealer expecially when I'm going for a more matte look rather then a dewy look, I spray tan & naturally I have yellow undertones & it looks beautiful, also doesn't crease and I have extremely dry skin so that's a plus ! and it's affordable and you get a lot of product :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is such a big tub and will last you a very long time if you can get your hands on it! I love using it to set my concealer

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I use this all over my warm yellow tone face. When i first put on its matte but with my oily face, I get oily anyway.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I dislike everything about this product. From the packaging to the formula! Everything!! I don't see what the whole hype is about. First off it's so messy and very drying, even on my oily skin. It does not prevent my concealer from creasing and no matter how little I use I always end up looking too powdery cakey and over-product. Also, this product is NOT meant for EVERY skin tone and yet I see EVERYONE using it. If you are fair it will not work for you and it also doesn't work good for some cool tones.
For reference I am an NC42 in Mac or Cashew on Este Lauder double wear. Which means this banana powder is perfect for my skin tone,I can honestly set my whole face with this & the color would be perfect, but this product is just too heavy and I dislike it so much. I have a full bottle that I haven't used and won't be using... That Natural Set in the other hand though it's a 4.5/5 for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love love! Holy Grail of mine. I was referred to this from a girl in the mac store, I use this for setting all my highlighted areas on my face! love. Been using now for 2+ years ;)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I ordered this off of makeup mania I expecting a yellow crayola crayon color by they way people raged on by it being great for tan skin....anyway I set this under my eyes (finally no creasing) also my makeup lasted and eyebrows didn't have that greasy pencil look after a few hours

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is an okay powder i have extremely dry skin and this makes any dry area even more noticeable and flaky if you have oily skin this will be a good powder for you its also not great for light skin if you are anything below an nc 35 this might look a bit orange. Packaging is okay, What I do really like is that its affordable,you get a great amount of product and its really fine and soft i wouldn't repurchase because of my dry skin. If you have dry skin and you're looking for a good powder i recommend the nars light reflecting loose powder its a kind of pricey but it works great on dry skin !!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Bought this in March 2013 and use it all the time to set my foundation.

Pros:
Reduces shine (I have very oily skin).
Makes foundation last longer.
Brightens (under eyes) and corrects (i.e. if I feel I've put on too much blush or my foundation is a tiny bit dark).
Cheap and lasts ages - have this in the 3oz size and have over half left.

Cons:
The packaging for this size isn't that great - would probably waste less if in a smaller, flat container.

Will definitely repurchase.