Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 44-55

3.5

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This looks and feels amazing on the skin. The shaker isn't the best but the product is great.

This powder only gets one star because I purchased a too light foundation and the powder added enough shade to make it wearable every though the whole day everyone kept asking me if I was ill

I have heard such great things about this banana powder but all it did was dry my skin out and no matter how much hydrating spray I added to my skin during the day it just go dryer.

I couldn't wait to get home to wash my face and slather it in moisturiser.

Definitely a powder for our ladies out their with oiler skin. Certainly not for mature, dry, older skin like my own.

The other thing I didn't like is the bottle, I like to tap my brush into my finishing powder, this is like a talc powder application and there was yellow powder every where, no control of the amount you would like to apply to your face.

If you would like to try fantastic Banana Powder, you cannot go past Australis they make the best setting powder, which doesn't dry your skin out or settle in your pores.

Well I finally managed to get my hands on this product and so I can write a review. The first thing to note is that this powder despite the name is not yellow. It's more like an apricot shade. So on lighter skins, it can definitely make you look orange. I don't think it's intended for light skins. I am about NC20 or between NC20-25, and I can just about use this with great care and applying a bare minimum with a brush. It does counteract redness a little (which is why I wanted to try it). I applied it carefully on top of a sunscreen-TM mix which left me with a slightly white face, and it brought my face back to a "normal" colour. The texture is very fine, and otherwise I can say it's a very good powder, but no miracle product. It's quite comparable to my Laura Mercier loose powder in terms of texture. Oil control - fine, not extraordinary. So I could easily buy this again, but given the colour is not a slam-dunk for my skin tone, I may buy another shade from Ben Nye. The price is excellent for the quantity and quality of product that you do get.

I thought that I had previously reviewed this but realized an oversight on my part. I have been using Ben Nye's banana powder for years as this always helped counteract any unwanted redness from use of Retinol products or atmospheric irritants that wreck havoc on my sensitive skin. Especially redness that was not well covered with light foundations. I have even used this product on its own on days when I didn't feel like applying foundation or tinted moisturizer and still felt the need to do something to counteract redness.

The yellow tint of the banana powder is not for all skin tones and works best with medium tones or like me, those suffering from redness. If you are very fair or very deep toned, Ben Nye has a complete line of Luxury Powders that give the same smooth and pore-less finish in other colors. I will occasionally mix Cameo and Banana together for a less yellow tinged color and still see the smooth finish I desire.

I have learned a couple of different ways to apply, depending on what I wish to accomplish. If I am just setting my make-up for a smooth, pore-less, I will shake a bit in the palm of my hand and take my powder brush and lightly dust across my face. If I am working to reduce redness, I will sprinkle a bit into a velour powder pouf while holding like a taco shell. I will then rub the sides of the pouf together to evenly distribute the powder and then turn the pouf inside out with the powdered side facing my face for application. I gently roll the pouf across my cheeks to push the powder into my face to get heavier application. Once I get the results I desire take my powder brush and gently sweep across the area to dust away any loose powder. This method definitely gives a heavier application for hiding severe redness but if not done correctly can end up looking cakey so be careful and do a little at a time to achieve coverage without going too thick.

Video Reviews & Tutorials