Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.9

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This looks and feels amazing on the skin. The shaker isn't the best but the product is great.

This powder only gets one star because I purchased a too light foundation and the powder added enough shade to make it wearable every though the whole day everyone kept asking me if I was ill

I have heard such great things about this banana powder but all it did was dry my skin out and no matter how much hydrating spray I added to my skin during the day it just go dryer.

I couldn't wait to get home to wash my face and slather it in moisturiser.

Definitely a powder for our ladies out their with oiler skin. Certainly not for mature, dry, older skin like my own.

The other thing I didn't like is the bottle, I like to tap my brush into my finishing powder, this is like a talc powder application and there was yellow powder every where, no control of the amount you would like to apply to your face.

If you would like to try fantastic Banana Powder, you cannot go past Australis they make the best setting powder, which doesn't dry your skin out or settle in your pores.

Well I finally managed to get my hands on this product and so I can write a review. The first thing to note is that this powder despite the name is not yellow. It's more like an apricot shade. So on lighter skins, it can definitely make you look orange. I don't think it's intended for light skins. I am about NC20 or between NC20-25, and I can just about use this with great care and applying a bare minimum with a brush. It does counteract redness a little (which is why I wanted to try it). I applied it carefully on top of a sunscreen-TM mix which left me with a slightly white face, and it brought my face back to a "normal" colour. The texture is very fine, and otherwise I can say it's a very good powder, but no miracle product. It's quite comparable to my Laura Mercier loose powder in terms of texture. Oil control - fine, not extraordinary. So I could easily buy this again, but given the colour is not a slam-dunk for my skin tone, I may buy another shade from Ben Nye. The price is excellent for the quantity and quality of product that you do get.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this to use on my days where I wear heavier makeup, like going out or doing something fun, etc. Not on days where I go to work or run errands and want a lighter face. However, I found another setting powder I love more than Ben Nye (Buttercup Powder) so I stopped using this for a while.

Well, it's summer and my face has been getting super oily and I hated it. I've used blotting tissue, translucent pressed powders, primers and matte foundations together and it got me maybe a couple of hours but not enough time. Well, I decided to go ahead and try this on my off days.

First off, it can get a little ashy if you use too much. I wear the color Caramel in Revlon C/O. This powder if probably more for medium-dark skin tones. I pat some onto my face with a brush and let it bake for about 10 minutes and then brush the excess off. Since I use a light face of makeup and don't heavily highlight nor do I contour it can give that non-dimensional makeup face look. However, after a few minutes your skin will naturally set the rest if that makes sense. It does give your face a soft, natural look.

After using this, I did notice it helped oil. The only place it didn't help was my nose, but ya know, I'm not surprised. I still had to blot a little around the T-Zone area but overall I do feel like it helped. I think I will stick to using this for my routine.

One thing, the packaging sucks. Like, really sucks. It's really messy trying to put it on and you are bound to get it everywhere.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I couldn't wait to see what the hype was on this powder. The packaging is wrong and is hard to get out. Also after trying this and researching this I still don't know what it does! Is it a highlighter? Is it a setting powder? Either way I've tried both and it dosnt seem to highlight at all. It does set your makeup but I really think people need to stop copying Kim kardashian with this! This is for yellow undertone skin and everyone is using this following her foot steps! Match yourself up there are more colours to choose from! When I tried to use it as a highlighter it just blended into my skin leaving no highlighter at all. This is one of Ben bye luxury powders and I can't see the difference in this one and their original powders for only £10.50! I'd save myself the extra £15 a buy their original one!

AMAZING PRODUCT! Super silky unlike any other powder ive ever used,a little goes a long way,Made my skin completely poreless and airbrushed looking,nuetralized all the redness on my face and stayed all day without needing touch ups and at the end of the day my face still was not oily or shiny. One thing to keep in mind,if you are fair or light skinned this powder will not work as a highlighter like it does on Kim.K it will work as an all over makeup setting powder that completely nuetralizes redness and produces an airbrushed look that last all day. Worth every single penny

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Looking for help with this product. I really want to try it but I'm not sure if banana will end up being to yellow/dark for me? In MAC I'm NW20 for foundation, in revlon I use ivory. Would cameo be a better option for an all over foundation setter?! TIA

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I just have to add my approval to this product!! There is nothing to be said about it that hasn't already been said. Very finely milled... cheap.... little goes a long way.... lovely finish... and beyond the banana there are so many different tints and finishes to choose from. I use banana and buff for under eye concealer setting, pretty in pink if I need to add some pink back into any area... the translucent for all over my face, and the Mojave series for adding warmth and bronzing. I love cocoa as well!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

After much searching and reviews on this "wonder powder" (ok ok I heard it was used on Kim Kardashian..omg how many times have I heard that?!!ohh you too lol)I ordered the small size in the shaker top.I apply it after using Mac F&B (I'm c4 in summer c3 winter)I don't always wear concealer the f&b evens me out for everyday back to the powder..I get a sponge and tip out some product on to back of my hand and dip sponge in powder then dab it under my eyes bridge of nose forehead and chin and I always put in the corners of eyes(not in) I leave it to seep into my skin for a few minutes then buff into with a big fluffy brush.The result is amazing I can't believe the difference it makes it just makes you look so clear and bright and makes you look flawless.I would say that I prime and moisturizer before F&B and after powder I do I light mist with avene thermal water..gives an amazing luminous finish.I want to get the pink powder next.I just want to add that although there is talc in this product it is so finely milled that for me it applys light and I fairly comfortable on the skin.The reason I gave it 2 lippies is because of the product design it's easy to waste the powder comes out fast and freely be careful!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

To be perfectly honest, this is a cheap product and it is NOT the holy grail that everyone makes it out to be! It is a simple translucent setting powder - that's it. It is not a miracle worker that will instantly turn you into Kim Kardashian (sorry).

The bottle it comes in is just a cheap plastic bottle; for the price point that's totally fine but it's a pain to get it out of the sifter top without it going absolutely everywhere or releasing more product than you need. The powder is categorised as being translucent with a tinge of pigment - not a lot, you won't get a heavy (or even a medium) coverage with this, though it is not suitable for all skin tones, despite what some people believe! If you have very dark skin, this will make you ashy.

It's fine if you just want a facial setting powder but don't be fooled into thinking this will solve all your problems. It is just a loose powder. That's it!