Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by eye Color : Black

4.5

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a sample size of this from an ebay seller and so far am liking it. It's a bit drying to use under my eyes but works great on the less dry areas- it's finely milled so the finish is very smooth, and the yellow color (not a problem w/ my skin tone) brightens. For high shine, it's decent. Lasts about as long as the Sonia Kushuk pressed powder but probably not as long as some specialty powders (i presume).

I have heard all the rave reviews about this powder. It was supposed to be THE POWDER (for medium to deep skin toned girls anyway) to bake with and the 3oz bottle seemed like a heck of a deal. So I ordered one and couldn't wait to try.

The first thing I noticed was that the powder wasn't as finely milled as most of the Youtubers were claiming to be. That's fine with my MAC Fix Plus I could fix the powdery situation easily. For reference I am yellow toned Nc30-35 so I was hoping to use this all over the face to color correct and brighten the face. It is indeed nice to bake underneath the eyes but for some reason using it all over the face did nothing for brightening at all. My NYX Banana Loose Powder was better it seems.

Also the packaging could be tricky for the 3 ounce bottle. I find the best way to use with you for a little bit in the palm of your hands in carefully read the product over a fat powder brush and then brush all over your face. Where is the products is to be expected but for the prizes bottle will last me ages so there's no complaint.

I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out. I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out.

I really like this powder, I do. It's nice to be able to set my makeup with a powder that suits my yellow undertones. It doesn't perform well on a sweaty face but that's a small issue.

My only major problem with this product is that, if you leave it on your brushes for too long, it will stain the bristles. Just washed my RT buffing brush and the ends are a pale yellow. I'm going to try and clean it again with a stronger soap and hope it'll all wash out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thank you sweet baby Jesus for the underground makeup community. I bought this stuff thanks to hearing a bit of the hype surrounding it and stumbling on it in a costume shop in Monroe. HOLY FREAKING GRAIL. I have olive skin but I'm a bit paler, so this is fantastic for me. Also I live in the extremely humid south and this is the best powder for keeping the oil in check that I have ever found. Fantastic coverage that you can easily control. Goes on like a dream. It's a little dramatic for me for everyday (I like the natural "glossier girl" look for everyday), but damn, if you want dramatic beauty blogger, this is what is UP.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, it's gives my makeup a perfect finish I have dark tone yet it's good for highlighting. ....I love this again and again

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got both colours - Banana and Buff. Banana is supposedly for highlighting undereye and the skin coloured/neutral coloured ones are for other parts of the face, but due to my Asian yellow-based warm skin tone, Banana does not appear significantly brighter than Buff unfortunately.

This powder is a life saver for combination to oily skin ladies. I apply this with ELF Complexion face brush and it works wonders in keeping my face matte for at least 6 hours with no touch up. Extremely fine-milled and texture is almost on par with MUFE HD's loose powder. Does not appear whitish/greyish with flash photography too!

A few ladies have issues with this being too powdery: a tip would be to set your makeup using Mac's fix plus spray, it works to remove that dreadful 'powdery' look. But do note that Mac's fix plus spray does cause face to be 'shiny' after a while... So it's kinda redundant that you want to 'oily-fy' your face when this powder is good for mattifying.

One small issue I would pick on is how bulky and inconvenient the packaging is. You will have to transfer to another loose powder container if you want to enjoy this powder fully!

Ladies from Singapore: I got mine from Qoo10 from a lady who's selling sample-sized Ben Nye powders at less than 6 bucks for 2. If you would want to try how this powder is without wasting unnecessary money, try the sample sized ones first! Good luck!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Sooooooo let me break this down. I'm a beautiul bronze in black opal, C8(cocoa) in l'oreal tru match and I use coconut in maybelline fit me(the matte one) i say all that to give you an idea of my complexion btw i have oily skin. So yes do go out and buy this powder HOWEVER and this is a very important however the right shade is key. So when doing my makeup i'll use la girls fawn or toffe as highlight i'll blend it with my beauty blender and then on to my Ben Nye banana powder, trust me when i say my face looked soooo damn good after, matte smooth and even. I felt sooo damn confident stepping out, i had to take a few pics to let ig know whats good. Sheesh!!! let me tell u this i dnt know if its the flash or the lighting of the camera or whatever but my face looked a mess in the pics. It had like a white powdery look which just wasnt right at all. When i asked around why that happens they'll state its bcuz the powder is too light. Sigh now i have all this banana powder and dnt know what to do with it. I'm thinking of purchasing the Topaz one, i'll keep y'all posted.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love love! Holy Grail of mine. I was referred to this from a girl in the mac store, I use this for setting all my highlighted areas on my face! love. Been using now for 2+ years ;)

I really love this powder that I bought twice! Do not be put off by its colour! This is much more closer to translucent, transparent than any other powder that claims it is only by names such as Laura mercier translucent powder which totally made me look so sallow.
This powder is of very high quality and comparable to other high end powder, despite its cheaply looking container. What counts is its contents and quality! This powder is very fine milled, did not accentuate my pore or fine lines or dry patches while setting foundation underneath beautifully while keeping my oily zone under control. Although quite mattifying, it was not uncomfortable around my dry cheek areas either. It wears very sheer and even f I keep reapplying or wears a lot of amount, it doesn't cake up nor look unnatural. I have nc15 fair Asian skin with slightly cool toned for Asian and I loved this powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The shaker top is a NO. It's annoying as hell trying to get product out. I wish that this was a set powder. Otherwise for myNC50 skin it's great if applied lightly and blended. I use it only for going out on the town as my skin is dry. I'm unsure if I would but it again as MAC Studio Careblend powder seems to do the job just as well and blends better with my darker skin tone.