Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 44-55

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

I was so excited when I bought this powder thinking this is it! Well, I tried liking it but for some reason it doesn't work on my skin. I baked it as what everyone's suggested but by mid day my face looks likes it's all dried out. It looks like the powder is not fine enough. I was so disappointed after a few times using it. Or maybe I was using it in a wrong way? I do still have a lot left and don't know what to do with it now. Such a waste!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

EDIT: another SA matched me to a shade called Dolce. I haven't bought a full container yet because I have so much of the other two shades. But Dolce is my shade. It's less orange than Olive Sand (which looks like a tan me) and more warm beige than Banana. I can also approximate the same thing by combining Banana with Olive Sand (which I do).

---------

I am an Asian, NC 30-35, combination olive skin. I use Ben nye to finish and set my make up. On my skin, banana is a shade that acts like a translucent powder (the SA says it could also be a highlighting powder for me). I like the packaging because I tip a very little powder into the cap and dust off my kabuki. There is very little excess waste.

Ben Nye Shade called Olive Sand is a good match for my skin. (Looks darker in the jar) If you are like me, this provides a little brightening without any sparkle. It's best to apply to well exfoliated, moisturized skin. I wait until the moisturizer sinks in. If I want more of a matte bronzer glow, I use Topaz which is essentially a setting or finishing powder for those who have darker skin than I do. Darker matte bronzers that are popular now make my face look kind of dull and dirty which is why I like Topaz. I have combination skin, leaning towards dry and this doesn't oxidize. I don't bake, but sometimes I use the Wayne Goss method of powder under foundation (I prefer cinema secrets palette 3 for olive skin). Not cakey esp with CS moisture spray on top.

If talc or mica are anathema to you, I recommend that you not buy ben nye. IMO powder such as this will look cakey unless you apply sparingly with a brush not a pad. The pad picks up too much and cakes onto the pores. I also do not retouch during the day. If my T zone gets shiny, I blot with clean and clear moisture absorb sheets.

Note: if you want to dispense less product, tear off only a corner of the protective sheeting covering the shaker holes. I tore the film off of three holes, but the rest is stuck there.

I can't believe how well this powder works and how CHEAP it is! There's no way I'm paying what T. LeClerc cost when this stuff works so well. I LOVE IT!

I love this powder! It is well worth a special trip to a costume shop! I am a brown-eyed brunette with very fair, slightly oily skin. Bobbi Brown is right -- yellow-toned powders add a lovely glow to the skin that translucent and light-toned powders just don't. I am so happy to find such a perfect shade in such a fine-milled, silky formulation. And not only that, at $11 for a 3-3/4 oz (about 105 gm) tub, it is a great deal, especially compared with the powders of Benefit or Bobbi Brown herself.