Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.4

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

I have heard all the rave reviews about this powder. It was supposed to be THE POWDER (for medium to deep skin toned girls anyway) to bake with and the 3oz bottle seemed like a heck of a deal. So I ordered one and couldn't wait to try.

The first thing I noticed was that the powder wasn't as finely milled as most of the Youtubers were claiming to be. That's fine with my MAC Fix Plus I could fix the powdery situation easily. For reference I am yellow toned Nc30-35 so I was hoping to use this all over the face to color correct and brighten the face. It is indeed nice to bake underneath the eyes but for some reason using it all over the face did nothing for brightening at all. My NYX Banana Loose Powder was better it seems.

Also the packaging could be tricky for the 3 ounce bottle. I find the best way to use with you for a little bit in the palm of your hands in carefully read the product over a fat powder brush and then brush all over your face. Where is the products is to be expected but for the prizes bottle will last me ages so there's no complaint.

I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out. I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been wanting to try this. So bought a small sample off EBay for about 5 bucks. Really like how it sets my concealer and it set my concealer really well. Recently , I ve been using this to bake my concealer and use the NYX Banana Powder to set my concealer. And love the finish to it, cause it really brighten up my face and highlight to my face.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got both colours - Banana and Buff. Banana is supposedly for highlighting undereye and the skin coloured/neutral coloured ones are for other parts of the face, but due to my Asian yellow-based warm skin tone, Banana does not appear significantly brighter than Buff unfortunately.

This powder is a life saver for combination to oily skin ladies. I apply this with ELF Complexion face brush and it works wonders in keeping my face matte for at least 6 hours with no touch up. Extremely fine-milled and texture is almost on par with MUFE HD's loose powder. Does not appear whitish/greyish with flash photography too!

A few ladies have issues with this being too powdery: a tip would be to set your makeup using Mac's fix plus spray, it works to remove that dreadful 'powdery' look. But do note that Mac's fix plus spray does cause face to be 'shiny' after a while... So it's kinda redundant that you want to 'oily-fy' your face when this powder is good for mattifying.

One small issue I would pick on is how bulky and inconvenient the packaging is. You will have to transfer to another loose powder container if you want to enjoy this powder fully!

Ladies from Singapore: I got mine from Qoo10 from a lady who's selling sample-sized Ben Nye powders at less than 6 bucks for 2. If you would want to try how this powder is without wasting unnecessary money, try the sample sized ones first! Good luck!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Guys, the hype is real!! This is a great powder and I love how cheap and fine it is. It's perfect for baking my undereyes and never looks cakey on me!! Unfortunately, banana is too dark for my NC25-30 skin and so I'll try cameo next.

If you don't have this, go buy it NOW! I was looking for a good undereye setting powder and kept reading about "banana" powder. I had no idea what that was but apparently many companies are now selling a yellow corrective powder for the undereye area. Ben Nye's is such a high quality and you get SOOOO much for the money. I ordered the small compact with the sifter for $12 and I would bet this would last for years...... no kidding. It is so finely milled and just glides on the skin and leaves flawless perfection. I place this on with a heavy hand after I apply my concealer and it leaves my undereye area bright and perfected and the effect lasts ALLLLL day.

Btw: I'm a medium beige skin tone with yellow undertones.

Nice feeling. But packaging sucks. And I like the kat Von d banana color in her contouring kit better.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I couldn't wait to see what the hype was on this powder. The packaging is wrong and is hard to get out. Also after trying this and researching this I still don't know what it does! Is it a highlighter? Is it a setting powder? Either way I've tried both and it dosnt seem to highlight at all. It does set your makeup but I really think people need to stop copying Kim kardashian with this! This is for yellow undertone skin and everyone is using this following her foot steps! Match yourself up there are more colours to choose from! When I tried to use it as a highlighter it just blended into my skin leaving no highlighter at all. This is one of Ben bye luxury powders and I can't see the difference in this one and their original powders for only £10.50! I'd save myself the extra £15 a buy their original one!

Price point and the quantity you get this is a great buy.. However this does not work for me. I know it's like the holy grail of eye setting powder but it darkens on me. I'm a NC25-30 in MAC and I use Nars Sand concealer as my eye concealer/highlight. If I dust this under my eyes I look like I have healing black eyes. I've tried different concealer and always got the same results. It's was soooo bad I would have to face my entire face and stared all over. I thought maybe I could use it as an all over setting powder but it still darkens my complexion in a very odd way. I do keep this around for when I do other's makeup and I don't have any problems with other people.
The bottle is a pain in the butt too. I just shake the container then use whatever is in the cap, which ish plenty. If you try to dust it out it will get all over the place.

best setting powder after rice powder. it's super fine milled and easy to blend out. sets my foundation with ease

Wow, this really helps with contouring your face. It adds warmth and brightens your face. I am NC30 (although I am naturally lighter) and it still comes out great. Will definitely repurchase! Does not make u look yellow at all or anything