Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed

3.9

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

The infamous Ben Nye banana powder. Definitely hit or miss. Unfortunately a miss for me. I'm an NW45 for reference. I lean more golden/yellow undertone and this looked soooo ashy on me. Maybe I didn't blend it enough? I guess I'll never know because as soon as I saw the pics I took that night I almost died from embarrassment. OMG it was so bad. It looked like someone slapped me in the face with flour. This is not a "one size fits all" product. I'll be switching over to Ben Nye Topaz.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got both colours - Banana and Buff. Banana is supposedly for highlighting undereye and the skin coloured/neutral coloured ones are for other parts of the face, but due to my Asian yellow-based warm skin tone, Banana does not appear significantly brighter than Buff unfortunately.

This powder is a life saver for combination to oily skin ladies. I apply this with ELF Complexion face brush and it works wonders in keeping my face matte for at least 6 hours with no touch up. Extremely fine-milled and texture is almost on par with MUFE HD's loose powder. Does not appear whitish/greyish with flash photography too!

A few ladies have issues with this being too powdery: a tip would be to set your makeup using Mac's fix plus spray, it works to remove that dreadful 'powdery' look. But do note that Mac's fix plus spray does cause face to be 'shiny' after a while... So it's kinda redundant that you want to 'oily-fy' your face when this powder is good for mattifying.

One small issue I would pick on is how bulky and inconvenient the packaging is. You will have to transfer to another loose powder container if you want to enjoy this powder fully!

Ladies from Singapore: I got mine from Qoo10 from a lady who's selling sample-sized Ben Nye powders at less than 6 bucks for 2. If you would want to try how this powder is without wasting unnecessary money, try the sample sized ones first! Good luck!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I couldn't wait to see what the hype was on this powder. The packaging is wrong and is hard to get out. Also after trying this and researching this I still don't know what it does! Is it a highlighter? Is it a setting powder? Either way I've tried both and it dosnt seem to highlight at all. It does set your makeup but I really think people need to stop copying Kim kardashian with this! This is for yellow undertone skin and everyone is using this following her foot steps! Match yourself up there are more colours to choose from! When I tried to use it as a highlighter it just blended into my skin leaving no highlighter at all. This is one of Ben bye luxury powders and I can't see the difference in this one and their original powders for only £10.50! I'd save myself the extra £15 a buy their original one!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have always wanted to try this powder for under the eye concealer, and it doesn't really do the job all that well. I got the yellow color, and it looked awful on my skin since it is a pink undertone. I had heard that even though it is a yellow color, it will not leave a yellow film on the skin, which it does. I recommend getting the white color, for all skin colors . I hate the way you have to dump it out of the container. It does help if you add this before putting on eyeshadow to prevent fall out.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this product. You can wear it in so many different ways. You can use a lot for that glowing look, or use a little for a little pop. Since I started wearing it I feel like a million bucket and people think I'm in love but its just my makeup that has me glowing lol....This product is hard to find in store but is sold online at www.makeupmania.com for a great price with cheap shipping only $2.99.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I will buy this product as long as it's available!! I used the neutral set powder for several months and thought I couldn't possibly like a powder (pressed or loose) more and then I tried the Banana Visage Poudre. What a fantastic product!! The neutral set kept my very oily skin matte for 3 or 4 hours and I thought that was impressive. For some reason, the Banana Visage Poudre keeps me matte for a whole 8 hours. I've never known what it feels like to not look either a mess or super cakey due to reapplication at the end of the day. And, of course, in Southern California desert, things are super hot and muggy this year so this was the ultimate test. If it can withstand this nasty summer, I have no doubt that it will perform even better during the cooler months ("cooler" being a relative term, of course). I love, love, love this powder. Though it typically annoys me to see how freely the term "HG" gets thrown around, I'm not ashamed to proclaim that this is absolutely my HG setting powder. Love, love, love!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

A pale yellowish powder, finely milled, sets foundation amazingly without giving coverage. Photographs beautifully. A little bit of powder goes a long way, too. On regular days, I use this powder instead of my MUFE HD powder.