Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by hair type : Curly

4.7

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My favourite setting powder for under the eyes. Works well with the baking technique or when dusted lightly over the face. It does have a slight yellow tint when applied but if you have tanned/brown skin it can compliment the complexion so well, however I cannot see this working on fair or deep skin tones without it standing out on the skin. Only downfall is the packaging as it can get a little messy!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love this powder! I stay matte all day and the finish is beautiful. A bit messy to use, but well worth it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been wanting to try this. So bought a small sample off EBay for about 5 bucks. Really like how it sets my concealer and it set my concealer really well. Recently , I ve been using this to bake my concealer and use the NYX Banana Powder to set my concealer. And love the finish to it, cause it really brighten up my face and highlight to my face.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love love! Holy Grail of mine. I was referred to this from a girl in the mac store, I use this for setting all my highlighted areas on my face! love. Been using now for 2+ years ;)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I would not be able to live without this product.

This leaves my makeup looking flawless and makes my undereye concealer last ALL day.

Packaging is a bit mehhhh so i transfer it into an a natural collection loose powder jar i had cause i hated that powder.

If you're not sure if you'll like it you can order samples from Ebay or amazon first and then you will fall in love like i did.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is meant to be used as a highlighter/setting powder after concealer is used to highlight! With that being said for me it does work well! Downfall is its soo messy and stains , not easy to manage.I pour it on the cap use a brush collect some and apply esp. under eyes,forehead.The price is right but if one gets the Anastasia contouring kit- good luck on that it's sold out everywhere! It comes in a palette amongst other colors! More value if u ask me

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is going to be an extremely detailed review.

This is perfect for anyone with yellow/warm undertones, unless if If your skin is extremely fair but you have yellow/warm undertones. This product will give you a very weird overly-yellow tinge to your skin. This goes the same for those who have a much darker complexion. If you come under these categories, then I do NOT recommend this product. Same to those who don't have yellow undertones.
However, there are other colours available which will suit your needs better, so don't give into the hype and buy this in banana, you'll literally kick yourself afterwards. I have way too many friends that did that, then were cursing themselves for following the crowd!

Any who, now that's out of the way.
I love this product, as both a setting powder, and a highlighter.
As a setting powder:
This powder is literally so fine that it settles into even the trickiest of places. It completely mattifies any oil slick that you may have or you may potentially have later. I don't even need to reapply this throughout the day, just the once and I'm good to go for however long I'm out for.

As a highlighter:
Using a slightly damp sponge, I use this as a powder highlighter and gently dab this onto my face in a V-shape on my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and in an upside-down triangle shape on my forehead. I'm very careful not to blend it into my skin immediately but more to let it sit on my skin for around 15 minutes. (You can leave it for 5 and get the same effect, it just takes me 15 minutes to do my hair.) I then sweep it off with a fan brush and it leaves me with a brilliant natural looking highlight glow. I cannot emphasise this, I have never gotten such a finish with any powder or liquid highlighter before.

The only downside is the packaging. I find the lid to be horrendously small, so I resort to using an old bare minerals foundation lid to pour the powder into, then use my brush/sponge from out of there.

Otherwise, this is a MUST HAVE highlighter and setting powder.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This product is so hyped up and I feel that it's mainly because of Kim Kardashian.... who can deny her makeup always looks flawless!! It's a nice setting powder especially on medium-dark skin tones but I personally don't think its good for everyday use. It can look cakey but with the right application it looks amazing. I got the 8oz jar for $23 I believe and I don't know what I'm gonna do with all that product!! A little goes a long way and its shelf life is 24 months so I'm gonna have to share the loves with all my girlfriends lol....

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because of the hype...I know, I know (put's head down in shame). I don't normally do it but it just kept calling me and then click, click it was in my cart...seconds later it was paid for. I must say that I am new to setting powders, this is in fact my first. I have used Bare Mineral's foundation powder in the past. In comparison the textures of the Ben Nye is so fine, it almost feels like silk. It is very fine milled and I needed the tiniest amount to set my under eye concealer. I never realised up until a few months ago how dark underneath my eye's had become. Lot's of late shift's and poor sleep will do it. I really notice that this powder complements my skin, there is no grey ashy tone when I put this on. My under eye area now appears to be brighter and less cakey looking with the banana powder on. The only thing I am not to keen on is the container it comes in. I will have to decant this into something. Perhaps in future this will be made in a nice travel friendly pressed powder form.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this product! I got mine at a costume shop. I literally had to drive 22min to this costume shop! It was so worth it. I love how it doesn't set on my fine lines. and it glides on smoothly. I haven't experienced cakey-ness yet. Im a nw 45 girl and I can wear the banana powder. I've tried topaz, but it was too yellow for me. The only problems I have with this product is the packaging! And it really doesn't help with my t-zone than again I have yet to find a product that keeps me oil free.