Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 44-55

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I have found my HG powder. This powder makes your skin look photoshopped - & it is so cheap! I have the lighter shade too which is good but the banana powder just has something special. I bought a sample on eBay first & have never looked back. My peri-menopausal oily skin loves it too (thank God.) The only down side is it's not easily available but well worth the search.

I thought that I had previously reviewed this but realized an oversight on my part. I have been using Ben Nye's banana powder for years as this always helped counteract any unwanted redness from use of Retinol products or atmospheric irritants that wreck havoc on my sensitive skin. Especially redness that was not well covered with light foundations. I have even used this product on its own on days when I didn't feel like applying foundation or tinted moisturizer and still felt the need to do something to counteract redness.

The yellow tint of the banana powder is not for all skin tones and works best with medium tones or like me, those suffering from redness. If you are very fair or very deep toned, Ben Nye has a complete line of Luxury Powders that give the same smooth and pore-less finish in other colors. I will occasionally mix Cameo and Banana together for a less yellow tinged color and still see the smooth finish I desire.

I have learned a couple of different ways to apply, depending on what I wish to accomplish. If I am just setting my make-up for a smooth, pore-less, I will shake a bit in the palm of my hand and take my powder brush and lightly dust across my face. If I am working to reduce redness, I will sprinkle a bit into a velour powder pouf while holding like a taco shell. I will then rub the sides of the pouf together to evenly distribute the powder and then turn the pouf inside out with the powdered side facing my face for application. I gently roll the pouf across my cheeks to push the powder into my face to get heavier application. Once I get the results I desire take my powder brush and gently sweep across the area to dust away any loose powder. This method definitely gives a heavier application for hiding severe redness but if not done correctly can end up looking cakey so be careful and do a little at a time to achieve coverage without going too thick.

Video Reviews & Tutorials