Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

hate packaging messy so annoying to use color fits my skin but emphasis any dryness i have on corner areas and sets to any creases. I tend to have combination skin due to packaging and having to be careful where I apply it's a rather for me

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been using the banana powder for a couple of years now as baking powder for my under eyes and it work great. I am a medium warm skin type I go between a NC 25-35 in MAC. I do not use the banana shade to bake the entire face, but I can use it as a light wash for the entire face only. I am interested enough to try a different shade to bake the face

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Don't see the hype. I bought the Banana and Buff and was not impressed. I read about all the raves, Kim.K uses it blah blah blah...and I have the same skin tone as her so I thought it would do the same but not so much. I used it for baking and it didn't do anything for my face except give it an ashy look. But hey every product works differently for other skin types, didn't work for mine.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a three only because I can see how it might be holy grail stuff for others but it isn't for me. I'm also medium fair and the yellow tone was quite noticeable on my skintone.

It's very finely milled but gathers in fine lines, it's very drying to my skin and makes it itch. So obviously a no go for me.

I would be hard pressed now to deviate from the Laura Mercier Translucent and/or the La Prairie No. 1 translucent (both loose). I think they are more forgiving of mature skin issues.

I really like this powder, I do. It's nice to be able to set my makeup with a powder that suits my yellow undertones. It doesn't perform well on a sweaty face but that's a small issue.

My only major problem with this product is that, if you leave it on your brushes for too long, it will stain the bristles. Just washed my RT buffing brush and the ends are a pale yellow. I'm going to try and clean it again with a stronger soap and hope it'll all wash out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best setting powder. I use it over my glossier concealer and I bake it. The results are unbelievable. My skin looks glowy and it really makes the eyes super bright and radiant. I think it's a pretty decent amount for what you pay for. What I do is I get a little tiny saucer (like the ones at sushi restaurants for soy sauce) and put in the exact amount I need. It's not possible to use the cap because it's way too small. I apply it either with a damp beauty blender or with a brush, let it bake for 7-10 minutes and buff/dust the rest off and get the airbrushed look.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely love this so much, I first heard of it when I saw a video of Kim K using it and seeing as I'm totally obsessed with her makeup and hair I just had to try it and I feel in love !!! It's perfect to set my concealer expecially when I'm going for a more matte look rather then a dewy look, I spray tan & naturally I have yellow undertones & it looks beautiful, also doesn't crease and I have extremely dry skin so that's a plus ! and it's affordable and you get a lot of product :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard amazing things about this product as a concealer and thought to give it a try....yeah, um no. I used it once and looking in the mirror I looked like I smudged dirt under my eyes! The yellow color did not disguise my dark circles, as promised, it made the discoloration under my eyes WORSE! Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but I'm not impressed at all. Plus, the pricing of this item, in my opinion, is awfully expensive. Luckily, I tried only a small sample and didn't have my money go to waste.

I finally caught the bandwagon after reading all the great reviews about the Ben Nye Banana Powder. There's so much rave about this product that I simply have to try it! I got a sampler version of this powder because I don't see myself using up 42 grams of powder to set my makeup in the next five years or so. I found this powder to be very flattering on my under eyes but so are my other setting powders (revlon and nyx). When I used it to blot my face in the middle of the day, I found that it made me look cakey (like Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder). I tried buffing the powder again a few more times in the following days but it never fail to make me look cakey. Glad I did not buy the full sized version! The packaging throws me off. It can be a mess to handle when doing makeup (I am not a fan of loose powders). I would not purchase this again. Not worth the rave.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I have found my HG powder. This powder makes your skin look photoshopped - & it is so cheap! I have the lighter shade too which is good but the banana powder just has something special. I bought a sample on eBay first & have never looked back. My peri-menopausal oily skin loves it too (thank God.) The only down side is it's not easily available but well worth the search.