Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.1

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Don't see the hype. I bought the Banana and Buff and was not impressed. I read about all the raves, Kim.K uses it blah blah blah...and I have the same skin tone as her so I thought it would do the same but not so much. I used it for baking and it didn't do anything for my face except give it an ashy look. But hey every product works differently for other skin types, didn't work for mine.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a three only because I can see how it might be holy grail stuff for others but it isn't for me. I'm also medium fair and the yellow tone was quite noticeable on my skintone.

It's very finely milled but gathers in fine lines, it's very drying to my skin and makes it itch. So obviously a no go for me.

I would be hard pressed now to deviate from the Laura Mercier Translucent and/or the La Prairie No. 1 translucent (both loose). I think they are more forgiving of mature skin issues.

I really like this powder, I do. It's nice to be able to set my makeup with a powder that suits my yellow undertones. It doesn't perform well on a sweaty face but that's a small issue.

My only major problem with this product is that, if you leave it on your brushes for too long, it will stain the bristles. Just washed my RT buffing brush and the ends are a pale yellow. I'm going to try and clean it again with a stronger soap and hope it'll all wash out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best setting powder. I use it over my glossier concealer and I bake it. The results are unbelievable. My skin looks glowy and it really makes the eyes super bright and radiant. I think it's a pretty decent amount for what you pay for. What I do is I get a little tiny saucer (like the ones at sushi restaurants for soy sauce) and put in the exact amount I need. It's not possible to use the cap because it's way too small. I apply it either with a damp beauty blender or with a brush, let it bake for 7-10 minutes and buff/dust the rest off and get the airbrushed look.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely love this so much, I first heard of it when I saw a video of Kim K using it and seeing as I'm totally obsessed with her makeup and hair I just had to try it and I feel in love !!! It's perfect to set my concealer expecially when I'm going for a more matte look rather then a dewy look, I spray tan & naturally I have yellow undertones & it looks beautiful, also doesn't crease and I have extremely dry skin so that's a plus ! and it's affordable and you get a lot of product :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard amazing things about this product as a concealer and thought to give it a try....yeah, um no. I used it once and looking in the mirror I looked like I smudged dirt under my eyes! The yellow color did not disguise my dark circles, as promised, it made the discoloration under my eyes WORSE! Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but I'm not impressed at all. Plus, the pricing of this item, in my opinion, is awfully expensive. Luckily, I tried only a small sample and didn't have my money go to waste.

I finally caught the bandwagon after reading all the great reviews about the Ben Nye Banana Powder. There's so much rave about this product that I simply have to try it! I got a sampler version of this powder because I don't see myself using up 42 grams of powder to set my makeup in the next five years or so. I found this powder to be very flattering on my under eyes but so are my other setting powders (revlon and nyx). When I used it to blot my face in the middle of the day, I found that it made me look cakey (like Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder). I tried buffing the powder again a few more times in the following days but it never fail to make me look cakey. Glad I did not buy the full sized version! The packaging throws me off. It can be a mess to handle when doing makeup (I am not a fan of loose powders). I would not purchase this again. Not worth the rave.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I have found my HG powder. This powder makes your skin look photoshopped - & it is so cheap! I have the lighter shade too which is good but the banana powder just has something special. I bought a sample on eBay first & have never looked back. My peri-menopausal oily skin loves it too (thank God.) The only down side is it's not easily available but well worth the search.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

(photos will follow - my camera died)

I was looking for a colour-correcting loose powder and I kept seeing Ben Nye's "Banana" recommended for both women of colour and very light-skinned ladies. That's a very bold statement to make, so I started looking into the powders themselves.

Do I actually need a new powder? Naw. Not reeeally. I've always liked MUFE's HD powder, and I love ELF's version, too and I own both**. I have cream correctors. But I persuaded my debit card that I did actually need it because of my ever-changing skin-tone.

After seeing Ben Nye's powders on Amazon and Ebay, it seemed that the prices were either horrendously expensive ($65 for the smallest size of Luxury Banana? Uh... no) or ridiculously cheap (Oh come on - if the shipping is more expensive than the product something tells me the product itself isn't likely genuine)

So, I went to one of the authorized dealers and ... snap, it was out of stock. They did however have a sale on the Fair translucent powder so I nabbed one, found another dealer and the wait list seemed shorter. I ordered it April 26th and it was shipped on 7th May.

Now there is a learning curve with the Banana powder and you might want to watch a youtube video or three, or visit some of the more reputable blogs for 'how to' and actual examples. You don't need a whole lot of this stuff so the 3 oz container should last you a looooong time.

For me, it sort of "connects' my foundation and concealer, and I can smooth it out to create a very soft glow. You don't want yellow skin unless you're naturally yellow-ish,,,,trust me. I have cirrhosis and I get jaundice at times... that's all the yellow skin I want to deal with thank you very much!

It also "sets" my look without leaving my face dry or cakey - it really is great for me. The price is actually incredible and it is a great investment .

I wish they'd make it easier to use though - the system is very awkward due to a silly lid that has no place being in a grown-up's collection.

Despite that, I give it a well-deserved A.

**(I'm still pouty because I had already bought MUFE when ELF's powder came out and it is truly indistinguishable from the MUFE powder. )

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This, to my disappointment, is not Kim K in a bottle (lol! Idk what I was expecting). It's very yellow & Cameo is too pale & pink so I'm stuck looking for another color. The formula is gr8 for oily skin but some of the ingredients are a little concerning? I get mine off amazon which isn't the cheapest place to buy it. It is true indeed as stated in a post below if ur coloring isn't like KK it will not have the same illuminating effect under ur eyes/concealer. I still like this. I pour some of it out into a sauce tray then dip my brush or pouf into the powder. When it becomes empty I shake some more into the tray. I'm glad I got this or I would have been forever wondering what the great banana powder was all about, it's something I at least wanted to give a go/try. It's the best for oily skin! So I may try to buy a different color to use as finishing powder.