Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

This powder only gets one star because I purchased a too light foundation and the powder added enough shade to make it wearable every though the whole day everyone kept asking me if I was ill

I have heard such great things about this banana powder but all it did was dry my skin out and no matter how much hydrating spray I added to my skin during the day it just go dryer.

I couldn't wait to get home to wash my face and slather it in moisturiser.

Definitely a powder for our ladies out their with oiler skin. Certainly not for mature, dry, older skin like my own.

The other thing I didn't like is the bottle, I like to tap my brush into my finishing powder, this is like a talc powder application and there was yellow powder every where, no control of the amount you would like to apply to your face.

If you would like to try fantastic Banana Powder, you cannot go past Australis they make the best setting powder, which doesn't dry your skin out or settle in your pores.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am in the minority too i agree not so finely milled dries out my under eye when I used it to set my concealer luckily I got the smaller size,the one from this line that am loving is "cameo great for setting under eye area and does brightens.

I've heard so much about this wondrous powder and has been very curious. It's hard to find in Asia but I did manage to get my hands on one. And damn, that babe's FINE! It doesn't budge off my super oily face for all day. I used it for setting my under-eye areas and lightly on my T Zones to highlight + Mattify. And I really like what I see. Will be definitely re-purchasing. Liked it so much that I wanted to use it for the rest of the face as well so I mixed it with my translucent setting powder to set my foundation all over the face. It's really such a good powder. Tends to work well on my Medium Neutral-to-Cool skin very well and highlights in such warm glow without making it look mask-like.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Yeah....this.is everything it's cracked up to be. well actually I haven't seen the reviews for it on here so let me just say I am extremely pleased. I have yellow undertones and oily skin that occasionally sports a booboo (aka me turning nothing into something :-[ - it happens.) If I use this after foundation I look awesome and glowy and airbrushed and if I skip the foundation it still looks pretty dame good.
Controls shine , check. Evens tone, check. Doesn't cake, check. And it comes in a giant container that is too big and unwieldy to keep with your makeup so I just fill an old bare minerals pot and voila, new and a billion times improved mineral veil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really really loved this to start with, i used it to set my undereye concealer. the colour is great for that. but then it started making my undereyes look cakey. not sure why.

Price point and the quantity you get this is a great buy.. However this does not work for me. I know it's like the holy grail of eye setting powder but it darkens on me. I'm a NC25-30 in MAC and I use Nars Sand concealer as my eye concealer/highlight. If I dust this under my eyes I look like I have healing black eyes. I've tried different concealer and always got the same results. It's was soooo bad I would have to face my entire face and stared all over. I thought maybe I could use it as an all over setting powder but it still darkens my complexion in a very odd way. I do keep this around for when I do other's makeup and I don't have any problems with other people.
The bottle is a pain in the butt too. I just shake the container then use whatever is in the cap, which ish plenty. If you try to dust it out it will get all over the place.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A really nice setting powder that works well even on me. It doesn't make me look ashy or washed out. As a matter of fact it seems to blurr skin imperfections leaving the skin to looking flawless. The ingrediants are such, so I wouldn't repurchase it. I purchased the smaller dome size, but I see this lasting for nearly 100 or more uses. You get a ton of product.

Hm...if you are fair or light to medium don't be fooled, this will be too dark as an under-eye powder. I am warm/yellow NC25 in Mac, and I am on the light side. I tried this under the eyes with the lightest hand and fluffy brush but it's too yellow and dark. I think it's better suited for darker or deeper skintone.

Now, what I do with it is use it as an all over powder VERY lightly and the yellow-brown-peachy tone of the powder neutralizes some redness i have. But, cannot use this solely under the eyes looks so funny!

Wow, this really helps with contouring your face. It adds warmth and brightens your face. I am NC30 (although I am naturally lighter) and it still comes out great. Will definitely repurchase! Does not make u look yellow at all or anything

I have the topaz one and i absolutely love it! I would recommend to use a moisturizer and foundation under. It can be tricky to wear alone over moisturized face. I do both it works for me. Love it.