Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

4.6

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definately not for light skin tones,this powder is straight up yellow,but like a dark yellow,it made my under eye area look darker than the rest of my face,which is the opposite of the highlighted effect I wanted. So I gave it to my sister who has a much darker olive complexion than me,and she too couldnt use it because it was too yellow. I would say this is for really deep skin tones. Besides that its just an ok powder,nothing great about it,it creases and doesnt last that long.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This, to my disappointment, is not Kim K in a bottle (lol! Idk what I was expecting). It's very yellow & Cameo is too pale & pink so I'm stuck looking for another color. The formula is gr8 for oily skin but some of the ingredients are a little concerning? I get mine off amazon which isn't the cheapest place to buy it. It is true indeed as stated in a post below if ur coloring isn't like KK it will not have the same illuminating effect under ur eyes/concealer. I still like this. I pour some of it out into a sauce tray then dip my brush or pouf into the powder. When it becomes empty I shake some more into the tray. I'm glad I got this or I would have been forever wondering what the great banana powder was all about, it's something I at least wanted to give a go/try. It's the best for oily skin! So I may try to buy a different color to use as finishing powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the product but hate the shaker top bottle that it comes in. This is a silky smooth yellow based powder that works great for my NC-30 to NC-35 skin tone. Even though I hate to admit it because most know this as a Kim Kardashian trick, it does work GREAT to set under eye concealer for my skin tone. I have golden/olive undertones and most lighter concealers used to brighten lack warmth and look ashy. But this powder corrects that issue and keeps the brightening and warms up the ashy. It's ok as an all over setting powder and even though I like the texture, it's not my favorite way to use it because it does not add any additional covereage. I purchased the smaller bottle and it will last me a long time. I wish it was packaged differently but whenever I do run out, I will buy it again. I gave the packaging 2 lippies and the over all rating 5 because I do like the product.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

If kim kardashian's make up artist used it for years, then why wouldn't it be good enough for us? This is greaaaaaaaaat!!! I use this as one of my countouring weapon, the only thing that i hate is just the packaging :( sometimes i ended up wasting my product because of it. I wish ben nye's team would do something about it

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The sad fact of the matter is, this is a dry and chalky powder on my face. It doesn't control oil and it doesn't make me look better - and let's face it folks, if it doesn't make me look better, than it's a waste of money. The yellow tint effect is great - I just wish the powder was more fine milled than it is. I suppose this is the consequence of buying a loose powder as opposed to a pressed powders.

Plus side is that it's still usable to set undereye concealer. Overall, I think it's okay. Mario Dedivanovic obviously knows what he's doing on Kim K, but I muse that her skintype may work better with this powder - mine is dehydrated and oily, and I prefer a dewy finish overall.

This stuff lasts forever. I've had it for about 10 months and I'd estimate 4/5 to be left in the jar. So bang for your buck? Yes... IF it works for you.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Oh Ben Nye, what was I doing before you came into my life? LOVE this powder, I usually use it to set my under eye concealer and accentuate anywhere that I may have highlighted on my face (i.e. nose, chin). The powder doesn't crease at all and I have very oily skin but somehow this lasts all day. I bought the 1oz container for under $20 on eBay in June and I have barely scratched the surface. I will definitely by this again when it runs out!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have 3 colors in this topaz banana and camel, I love them all I want more... I want more...
love this product! I was happy that it lived up to my expectations. The powder is very finely milled so it doesn't crease on fine lines. It goes on very sheer and a little goes a long way. Unless you use it as your regular face powder, a bottle will last you a looong time. I wish the packaging was better to carry all day in my purse, It not meant to be matte but I only get oily on my nose after 6 hours with this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I. Am. In. LOVE! I have VERY oily skin and this keeps me pretty matte all day. I can look too yellow if I use it everywhere as I have pink undertones. But it just brightens the face up. You get a good amount of product. I love this powder. Not much more I can say. Well besides the packaging. But if you keep it upright,you're good to go!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all the great reviews of this product, I was really excited to try it. I have very oily skin, and while I've kind of given up hope that there is a powder out there that will solve this problem, I had the expectation that it wouldn't make the problem worse. Well, I can say that the powder performed adequately in this regard. I wasn't any less oily, but I don't think it was any worse than other powders. The reason I wouldn't buy it again however is that the color just did not work for me. I have an olive complexion that can get very tan in the summer, and that is really the only time the color matches. The rest of the year, the powder is just too yellow for my skin tone. I applied the powder with a powder puff, so it was more concentrated than if I had used only a brush. I don't think it was super noticeable to other people, but when I applied it I just never felt like it was the right color. I also wish that the powder left more of a silky feel to my skin. I have used Too Faced's Primed and Poreless Powder multiple times, and I really prefer that. It is super expensive for the amount of product, which is a significant downside. I think the best thing about the powder is how affordable it was. I used the powder daily for an entire school year and I don't think I'm even half way through the bottle, and it only cost me about $15 including shipping. The shaker cap can also tend to pour too much out, so be careful of that. All in all, I think this would be a good powder for women with tan to dark complexions, or women with very yellow undertones (only if you use a brush and a light hand, however).

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this product. You can wear it in so many different ways. You can use a lot for that glowing look, or use a little for a little pop. Since I started wearing it I feel like a million bucket and people think I'm in love but its just my makeup that has me glowing lol....This product is hard to find in store but is sold online at www.makeupmania.com for a great price with cheap shipping only $2.99.