Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This looks and feels amazing on the skin. The shaker isn't the best but the product is great.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am in the minority too i agree not so finely milled dries out my under eye when I used it to set my concealer luckily I got the smaller size,the one from this line that am loving is "cameo great for setting under eye area and does brightens.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

The infamous Ben Nye banana powder. Definitely hit or miss. Unfortunately a miss for me. I'm an NW45 for reference. I lean more golden/yellow undertone and this looked soooo ashy on me. Maybe I didn't blend it enough? I guess I'll never know because as soon as I saw the pics I took that night I almost died from embarrassment. OMG it was so bad. It looked like someone slapped me in the face with flour. This is not a "one size fits all" product. I'll be switching over to Ben Nye Topaz.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thank you sweet baby Jesus for the underground makeup community. I bought this stuff thanks to hearing a bit of the hype surrounding it and stumbling on it in a costume shop in Monroe. HOLY FREAKING GRAIL. I have olive skin but I'm a bit paler, so this is fantastic for me. Also I live in the extremely humid south and this is the best powder for keeping the oil in check that I have ever found. Fantastic coverage that you can easily control. Goes on like a dream. It's a little dramatic for me for everyday (I like the natural "glossier girl" look for everyday), but damn, if you want dramatic beauty blogger, this is what is UP.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, it's gives my makeup a perfect finish I have dark tone yet it's good for highlighting. ....I love this again and again

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been wanting to try this. So bought a small sample off EBay for about 5 bucks. Really like how it sets my concealer and it set my concealer really well. Recently , I ve been using this to bake my concealer and use the NYX Banana Powder to set my concealer. And love the finish to it, cause it really brighten up my face and highlight to my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love setting my foundation with this powder even though people use it for under eyes. It gives me a nice airbrush finish to my skin. I would buy this over and over again. The big bottle lasts a very long time!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Guys, the hype is real!! This is a great powder and I love how cheap and fine it is. It's perfect for baking my undereyes and never looks cakey on me!! Unfortunately, banana is too dark for my NC25-30 skin and so I'll try cameo next.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have to say this isn't going to work for every skin tone. I think it's a tad too over hyped especially on those with deeper skin tones, it tends to look ashy or just too yellow.
If you're skin is deeper, Ben nye has A LOT deeper toned powders that look so much better. Their Camel or Topaz are great powders which have that richer yellow tone and won't give that ashy look. They have quite a few ones that are deep but I think Camel and Topaz are the more yellow types whereas the others are more reddish or neutral

If you're really fair, doubt it'll work for you since it's quite a medium colored yellow so it may end up making you golden, I guess it could probably work if you mixed it with their white setting powder to get a lighter yellow

I'd say if you're a medium-medium/dark complexion this will work good.
If you're an NC30 this may end up being too dark but if you use a very pale highlight color and set it with this, it will tone down that pale color and make it close to your color/look better. So if you're around an NC30-NC45 then it will work great.

This powder is very finely milled and photographs nicely.
I'd suggest this for all skin types honestly,
BUT I must say its not very good at controlling oil. It's only average.
I think it may be the talc. I personally don't find talc to be good at controlling oil.

Other than that, good product and it's reasonably priced.
I tend to go through this fairly easily with clients and can never get ahold of the larger jar so that's kind of annoying.
I have a few of the powders in different colors and they're all super good quality.
Very silky and I don't have any issue with chalkiness or it getting cakey or even patchy

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Sooooooo let me break this down. I'm a beautiul bronze in black opal, C8(cocoa) in l'oreal tru match and I use coconut in maybelline fit me(the matte one) i say all that to give you an idea of my complexion btw i have oily skin. So yes do go out and buy this powder HOWEVER and this is a very important however the right shade is key. So when doing my makeup i'll use la girls fawn or toffe as highlight i'll blend it with my beauty blender and then on to my Ben Nye banana powder, trust me when i say my face looked soooo damn good after, matte smooth and even. I felt sooo damn confident stepping out, i had to take a few pics to let ig know whats good. Sheesh!!! let me tell u this i dnt know if its the flash or the lighting of the camera or whatever but my face looked a mess in the pics. It had like a white powdery look which just wasnt right at all. When i asked around why that happens they'll state its bcuz the powder is too light. Sigh now i have all this banana powder and dnt know what to do with it. I'm thinking of purchasing the Topaz one, i'll keep y'all posted.