Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this powder because of the hype and the price but I'm afraid the saying 'you get what you pay for' applies to this.
I have combination skin, my noise gets very oily, I used this powder to bake and also as an over all powder. After just a short time I could see the powder seperating on my noise and it was was very shiny, also under my eyes looked very dry and ashy I could see it sat on my skin and my face looked very powdery.
It feels like a cheap drug store brand and I have switched to Laura Mercier which looks amazing on my skin.
I am unsure what skin type this suits as it doesn't control oil and it would cling to dry skin, it gets rave reviews so it must work for some skin types but I unfortunately not for me.

Oh dear, seems like I am one of the minority here who was underwhelmed with this powder. I purchased this to use over my concealer to give that extra bit of oomph. To be honest, my Australis brand banana powder compact does a better job. This has been hyped to the max and I just didn't feel it lived up to it. At least it is relatively inexpensive.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Don't see the hype. I bought the Banana and Buff and was not impressed. I read about all the raves, Kim.K uses it blah blah blah...and I have the same skin tone as her so I thought it would do the same but not so much. I used it for baking and it didn't do anything for my face except give it an ashy look. But hey every product works differently for other skin types, didn't work for mine.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best setting powder. I use it over my glossier concealer and I bake it. The results are unbelievable. My skin looks glowy and it really makes the eyes super bright and radiant. I think it's a pretty decent amount for what you pay for. What I do is I get a little tiny saucer (like the ones at sushi restaurants for soy sauce) and put in the exact amount I need. It's not possible to use the cap because it's way too small. I apply it either with a damp beauty blender or with a brush, let it bake for 7-10 minutes and buff/dust the rest off and get the airbrushed look.

I heard so much about this powder, however after purchasing I realised this powder shouldn't be used on light skin tones, due to the tinted yellow shade. The powder becomes cakey when setting the under eye and doesn't fully cover dark circles when applied over concealer. I mix this proud with the super white shade to get a more natural under eye look, however I wouldn't repurchase this item.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is such a big tub and will last you a very long time if you can get your hands on it! I love using it to set my concealer

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Had a bit of trouble sourcing this product in Melbourne; most online stores were out of stock so had to fork out $32 for the medium size including postage and handling.
The product itself is fantastic at setting under eye concealers. I have normal skin so I didn't have problems with the oiliness factor and I have quite a few deep lines under my eyes because of their shape and I found that the banana powder didn't seep into them and also stopped my concealer from doing the same. Excellent product, happy to finally jump on board. The packaging though, is one of the most awkward things you will ever use.

This is by far the worst loose powder I have used on myself and on clients!
What is the fuss. This is completely yellow that any beautifully applied foundation underneath would be hijacked by this unflattering jaundiced colour!

I can only see tan to dark skin tones pulling this off but certainly not fair. I applied this to set my concealer, bang, they both went yellow, my foundation, that went yellow too.

Really is only an over hyped product by so called makeup "addicts" and "enthusiasts" with no idea what they're taking about. The price depending where you buy it is premium. I could get better loose powders at the drugstore.

The texture is decent, but not the best The one brand making beautifully textured powders and shades is NARS.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Enough cannot be said about this banana powder so I will try to keep it small so that I don't bore you with the details. Ben Nye has created a series of powders currently known as Bella Luxury Powders. These powders were created for people who work on stage and in front of the cameras to help keep their makeup on from perspiration. Moreover, these powders are finely milled and comparable to French silk powders. They have a luxurious feel and when shaken in the bottle seem to have a silk like effect as when waves move in the ocean. Its hard to explain until you shake the bottle, but truly they move like fine silk. They currently come in four shades, Banana, Beige Suede, Buff and Cameo. However the most famous of these is the Banana powder and here's why.

When Kim Kardashian's makeup artist posted a picture of her sporting this mysterious powder, it became an instant hit. Now-a-days, anything a celebrity uses automatically becomes an instant hit. Whether that hit last for a long or short time is a different story. Nonetheless, this banana powder is the secret to Kim's highlighted areas on her face.

For those who contour and highlight their makeup, this powder works wonders for highlighting the eyes and below the check bones. You apply this powder on your highlighted areas with a sponge wedge, beauty blender or makeup brush and let it sit for 2-5 minutes on your face. Then you brush off the excess powder and wow what a difference it makes. This powder also has other benefits which is that it can be used to set your concealer. Once you put this powder on, it leaves your highlighted areas with a beautiful halo glow. You can also use this powder as an overall powder for your face. However, one thing to keep in mind is that this powder does contain talc which is the first ingredient. So if you are allergic or do not agree with putting talc on your face, then this product is not for you.

Now, a word of caution. This banana powder does not look good on all skin types. Therefore Ben Nye Bella Luxury powders come in different colors. Its best to find the shade that work for your skin color before you end up looking raccoon eyed. This banana powder does have a bit of a yellow tone. So if you are fair skin, go easy on how much you apply. For those like me who have fair skin, this banana powder made me look jaundice. Not a cute look to sport if you ask me. However for fair skin people, the Bella Luxury Powder that works well is cameo or beige suede. Some fair skin people are able to get away with using the banana powder. But if your undertone is yellow and you are fair skin, trust me this will not work for you as it already leaves a yellow tone to the skin when applied.

If you are not sure how to use this powder then youtube (yes I said it) and you will see many different people showing and explaining the advantages of this powder. This powder comes in three different sizes, 1.5 oz, 3 oz and 8 oz. 1.5 oz & 3 oz come in a shaker bottle. You easily pour some in the cap and apply it with your beauty tool. However the 8 oz does not come in a shaker but has a wide open mouth top. This makes it hard to apply unless you dip your makeup brush right into the bottle which may not be so hygienic. Whichever size you decide to buy will supply you with a nice amount of powder that should last you more then a year. Since very little is needed, you can easily use this product time and time again before needing to order another one. Nonetheless whatever oz size you buy you will not be disappointed with the effects of this powder. However I sadly can't buy this again due to the yellowish look it leaves me :-(

I just received this product in the mail yesterday.

So today is my first time using it. As far as highlighting, it does not do much for me as my skin is light. (Light with yellow undertones) It does give me a nice matte healthy finish, and I have had this powder on for about 6 hours and I am still fairly matte. So I think it controls oil on my tzone pretty well.