Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.8

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

This powder only gets one star because I purchased a too light foundation and the powder added enough shade to make it wearable every though the whole day everyone kept asking me if I was ill

I have heard such great things about this banana powder but all it did was dry my skin out and no matter how much hydrating spray I added to my skin during the day it just go dryer.

I couldn't wait to get home to wash my face and slather it in moisturiser.

Definitely a powder for our ladies out their with oiler skin. Certainly not for mature, dry, older skin like my own.

The other thing I didn't like is the bottle, I like to tap my brush into my finishing powder, this is like a talc powder application and there was yellow powder every where, no control of the amount you would like to apply to your face.

If you would like to try fantastic Banana Powder, you cannot go past Australis they make the best setting powder, which doesn't dry your skin out or settle in your pores.

My Daughter bought a sample of this from ebay as wasn't sure she would
like it but she absolutely loves it, she has oily skin and this helps keep her
make up in place and lasts ages. My warning is that if you buy a sample
from ebay watch how much you are actually getting. My Daughter bought
a 5g sample which came in a 5ml pot which was filled to the top.
She was told by her boyfriend that 5g would not fit into a 5ml pot (He's a pharmacist)
so she weighed it and there was only approx 3.5g. So make sure if you order a sample
that the pot they send you is at least a 10ml pot. She reported it but ebay did nothing
and seller denied it but did offer a refund. I have also been told that there is a lot
of fake Ben Nye on ebay so be careful. Luckily my daughter's was genuine even though
the amount was wrong.

She loves the powder and has been out and bought a small Jar which will last her ages
as you only need a small amount.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really really loved this to start with, i used it to set my undereye concealer. the colour is great for that. but then it started making my undereyes look cakey. not sure why.

love this stuff my holy grail setting powder . check out my channel for tutorials and reviews

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I use this all over my face as a setting powder. I'm NC40 in Mac and this is the PERFECT shade to set your makeup with. It lasts forever

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I have been very happy with Ben Nye products. Bana Visage powder has treated me very nicely. The powder itself is very fine and has a pale/yellowish tint. This ensures that your foundation will not be changed and if you need something for under your eyes for your bags, I highly recommend.

A little goes a long ways!!

I could definitely see this product being wonderful for someone with a warm olive or deep skintone, but definitely not for fair skin.. It is WAY too yellow and dark for fair-medium/fair skin.. I'm gonna try this product again when I start to get a little darker in the spring and maybe it will work better with a slight tan. Hope this helps!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I've heard so many good things about it so when I decided to buy, I was happy that it lived up to my expectations. The powder is very finely milled so it doesn't crease on fine lines. It goes on very sheer and a little goes a long way. Unless you use it as your regular face powder, a bottle will last you a looong time. Which brings me to the only con I have of this product - the packaging. While the sifter may be hygienic, a lot gets wasted because its hard to control what comes out of it. I wish they could do something about this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The powder does what it says - basically it is a good setting powder that is almost invisible on the face. It doesn't matify my combo skin, but it helps my foundation last longer. I use Bare Minerals face powder brush with it. I tried it over different foundations and it does create a beautiful, even, velvety finish. I always use make up setting spray on top of it though. What I don't like is the color, I have pale skin and the yellow is visible especially under my eyes where I don't put pronzer/blush, so I cannot say it is universally flattering on all skin tones. The packaging is not ideal either, too much coming out every time I shake a bottle. I also have translucent Ben Nye powder that I hope will perform better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

So, anytime I'm considering buying anything under the heading of cosmetics, I research and read the reviews on MUA. That's what kind of pushed me to order the banana powder..coupled with Pinterest. I bought the 3.0 oz container from makeupmania...all under 15 bucks with shipping, plus taxes all added in. Great customer service as well. This stuff is uh-amazing. I've been using it for three days now, and my face looks perfect. I started just using it for my concealer (NC45), but then found a way to powder it onto my foundation, lightly. It's addicting. The only downer is the packaging, but you can find a way around it.I have so many compacts lying around, so I made use of them. The best way to apply it with foundation, is with a powder puff, and for concealer, use a damp beauty blender-like sponge.I first tried it with just buffing it with a brush, but I didn't like it. This stuff makes me excited to put my makeup on in the morning, Enjoy ladies. :)

Mini Update: My grandfather passed away this past weekend, and all week I have been running around with my family, and missing sleep. Today I came home in the middle of the afternoon, excited to take a nap. I was gonna wash my makeup off, knowing I'd have to reapply/touch up anyways once I got up, but I was too tired. I slept nearly three hours. My makeup always melts off when I sleep, so I just knew I was gonna see a half baked face when I went into the bathroom under my bright lighting. WRONG! Under eye area was still just as bright- concealer hadn't budged, nor had my foundation or blush. I'm so not used to that. Honestly, this stuff is gold!!!

UPDATE: I have discovered recently, that when using this over your concealer, and/or foundation, it is best to not apply it immediately after. When you do it that way, especially with cream products, cake face is almost definite. Apply your foundation and/or concealer, and wait a few minutes for it to settle. This especially helps with concealer, as the powder will go on brighter and not look powdery at all , just like a gorgeous yellow highlight. Hope this helps. :)