Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

4.3

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a three only because I can see how it might be holy grail stuff for others but it isn't for me. I'm also medium fair and the yellow tone was quite noticeable on my skintone.

It's very finely milled but gathers in fine lines, it's very drying to my skin and makes it itch. So obviously a no go for me.

I would be hard pressed now to deviate from the Laura Mercier Translucent and/or the La Prairie No. 1 translucent (both loose). I think they are more forgiving of mature skin issues.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love this powder! I stay matte all day and the finish is beautiful. A bit messy to use, but well worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely love this so much, I first heard of it when I saw a video of Kim K using it and seeing as I'm totally obsessed with her makeup and hair I just had to try it and I feel in love !!! It's perfect to set my concealer expecially when I'm going for a more matte look rather then a dewy look, I spray tan & naturally I have yellow undertones & it looks beautiful, also doesn't crease and I have extremely dry skin so that's a plus ! and it's affordable and you get a lot of product :)

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is an okay powder i have extremely dry skin and this makes any dry area even more noticeable and flaky if you have oily skin this will be a good powder for you its also not great for light skin if you are anything below an nc 35 this might look a bit orange. Packaging is okay, What I do really like is that its affordable,you get a great amount of product and its really fine and soft i wouldn't repurchase because of my dry skin. If you have dry skin and you're looking for a good powder i recommend the nars light reflecting loose powder its a kind of pricey but it works great on dry skin !!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Looking for help with this product. I really want to try it but I'm not sure if banana will end up being to yellow/dark for me? In MAC I'm NW20 for foundation, in revlon I use ivory. Would cameo be a better option for an all over foundation setter?! TIA

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is super powdery, a cloud of yellow haze when releasing the powder. It's great because it's super matte, but that also means I can only use it on my T-zone or my face ends up looking too powdery and fake. No problems with breaking out so far.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a professional powder targeted towards make up artists,it can be purchased from professional outlets.This is an extremely fine gradient of powder almost pharmaceutical.It is a similar to T Le Clerc,but much fairer in price.When purchasing a professional product,it is best to learn its uses and application as I do detest top products gaining bad publicity.This product runs on par with R.C.M.A another professional company that targets make up artists.Some sifted rice powder comes in handy when using these products,just for any correcting.
This powder works well in conjunction with Ben Nye foundations especially the Shinsei and Ciniora series.These are foundations that will provide true to skin results,apply the powder and you will have a high polished up look.Personally I prefer the RCMA,it has the edge over a fraction and is a product that has been in the industry for years.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

w0o0aahhh.. I've been wanting to try this & got my local costume shop to stock it =P and im glad they did. This stuff flies everywhere.. but its no biggie for me. its starting to get hot (i think it was around 82* today?) and usually i wear sunblock, lately been wearin foundation, then a finishing powder. well, the sunblock combined w/ the foundation makes me shiny, but with this stuff over them its not even a problem anymore. i have normal/combo skin and my face was matte for *the* longest time.. throughout the whole entire day! it usually gets shiny on my forehead within a few hours of being out. on the normal parts of my face it wasn't drying at all. i rec this if you live in hot & humid areas.. give this a try. Update: its been over 90* lately and when I forgot to put this on one day, i felt like crying=/. i felt all icky & shiny..and it was only 2hrs from leaving the house. never again will i forget to put this on!! continued >>