Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin type : Other

4.4

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

ben nye and i dont match 😱

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a bit of a believer that anything that's been the 'go-to' product in its category for more than a decade needs to be road tested to see what it does. This has been an industry hero for several decades, made famous more recently as the highlighting powder used for kim k.

So. First comment. It's a yellow based powder. This might seem obvious, but it means the colour will work for some skin tones but not all. As I look through the reviews, the olive skinned girls seem to get the best results. I find it also looks good on women of color as it doesn't go ashy. If you're fairer, or tend to look better with a pink base, you might find the rose coloured one ( which is gorgeous) is a better fit.

I really prefer a yellow base on my skin tone, so I actually use this as a corrector to add a goldy tone and I find it works beautifully for that. It seems to make me ' brighter' but not sallow. I find that the texture is super fine, and keeps my makeup fresh all day without a heavy cakey finish. If I apply it lightly, it also keeps a tiny bit of glow, which is great.
The packaging is annoying, I find the best way is to tap a little bit into the lid and work from there. You also don't need to puncture all the holes in the sifter to get the product out- bout half seems to work well.
My summary: great colour for warmer ( yellow based) skin tones. Creates a very ' golden girl' kind of effect. Not ideal for ultra pale except possibly to correct redness. Sits well under eyes. GREAT texture- possibly the nicest I've ever used. Wears well. Photographs well. Concentrated formula- don't need to apply lots unless ' baking '. Highly recommend for makeup artists - I'm planning to get a few more colours for my kit because I love it so much.

I agree to the majority feedback of this product. Perfect for oily skin. And I would say that this is a long lasting powder. Its just that the packaging, a bit messy to use. But overall this is recommendable. Would definitely buy agaib

I have the topaz one and i absolutely love it! I would recommend to use a moisturizer and foundation under. It can be tricky to wear alone over moisturized face. I do both it works for me. Love it.

So I didn't want to fall onto the bandwagon with this one but I finally gave in and tried it. It's amazing! I had been using the Bare Minerals Well Rested powder but it made my eyes look kind of white. This does not do that. It also makes the under eye area look smoother! I tried it on my mom as well and it had the same effect. I have fair skin but it doesn't look too yellow on me. I also tried it on other areas of my face I had highlighted and it worked great! I don't like the packaging though. It's pretty messy. I also don't like the fact that I can't buy this at a store but other than that it's awesome!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I can't believe I've never reviewed this product before, it's one of my top make up staples! I first discovered 'Banana Powder' last year, and ordered the 1.5oz jar. It comes with a sifter opening and to me has a pleasantly sweet scent. To look at it, it is very yellow and it is extremely finely milled. So my favourite method of using it in my make up routine is after I've applied my concealer under my eyes or around the sides of my nose. The perfect brush I've found for application is the Real Techniques 'Deluxe Crease Brush' in the Starter Kit. I just dip the brush into the powder then use it to buff the powder under my eyes and everywhere else. The powder is applied and buffed in exactly where I want it to be. I don't use all over my face - just where I've applied my concealer. My concealer NEVER creases and is set in place for the whole day. There is no cakey look, nor does the powder settling into my lines. Not only that, but my under-eye area looks much brighter, but not in that unnatural way you see sometimes on Kim K. It's worth noting though I have an NC25 skin tone with yellow/olive undertones.

Overall, it is the most perfect powder to set your concealer with the additional benefit of brightening your under-eye area. I also love the price of this powder - from the US it came to around £10! Considering I use it almost everyday, I still have more than 3/4 of the jar left!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

While I love Ben Nye Neutralizers, Concealers and Foundations (really *really* love) this powder left a lot to be desire. I do not know if is something I do, like applying it somehow that does not give justice to the product or the shade, but it just makes me look yellow. I know I should have suspected this by reading the name of the product but I also use Mellow Yellow concealer and that doesn't give me a yellow finish. The pros of this is that it's a lot of product for your $, and a little bit goes a long way. The cons: It makes me look yellow and also I realized that my blush oxidize a lot when using this (It started to make them kind of purplish, even the peachy ones) Anyway, I'm going back to what I use before.

Love, love, love! This is such an inexpensive powder that provides such great benefits. I'm nc30/35 and this sets my liquid foundation beautifully. Yes the packaging is not the best, but it gets the job done so I can overlook that. I pour a little into a container, & mix it with a tiny bit of kryolan anti-shine powder (oily skin). I than get some product on a puff and do the "press & roll" method onto my face lightly all over. Than I take a large powder brush and dust off the excess.
With the combo of this powder & anti-shine, i literally don't have to blot until the end of the day. Love it!

I love this powder! I'm a NC 45 and I use this to set my foundation. I use it to take the shine off of Mac's MSF in dark.

I also use this when I am just wearing concealer to set it. Works Perfectly.

Not expensive at all. I had to find it on ebay. It comes in a talc shaker bottle and I just shake it onto a tissue.

A great value and I this is a STAPLE of mine.

Translucent powder w/ a bit of a yellow tint to it! So far this is my holy grail loose powder w/ cornsilk in 2nd place. I still want to try the shu powders though! Anywho, I adore this. I can see that if worn over a very pale foundations it can give the face a yellow look but that can be avoided w/ the right application. I paid $6.50 for this. (GGG here)