Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 44-55

2.5

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

This powder only gets one star because I purchased a too light foundation and the powder added enough shade to make it wearable every though the whole day everyone kept asking me if I was ill

I have heard such great things about this banana powder but all it did was dry my skin out and no matter how much hydrating spray I added to my skin during the day it just go dryer.

I couldn't wait to get home to wash my face and slather it in moisturiser.

Definitely a powder for our ladies out their with oiler skin. Certainly not for mature, dry, older skin like my own.

The other thing I didn't like is the bottle, I like to tap my brush into my finishing powder, this is like a talc powder application and there was yellow powder every where, no control of the amount you would like to apply to your face.

If you would like to try fantastic Banana Powder, you cannot go past Australis they make the best setting powder, which doesn't dry your skin out or settle in your pores.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oh dear, seems like I am one of the minority here who was underwhelmed with this powder. I purchased this to use over my concealer to give that extra bit of oomph. To be honest, my Australis brand banana powder compact does a better job. This has been hyped to the max and I just didn't feel it lived up to it. At least it is relatively inexpensive.

My Daughter bought a sample of this from ebay as wasn't sure she would
like it but she absolutely loves it, she has oily skin and this helps keep her
make up in place and lasts ages. My warning is that if you buy a sample
from ebay watch how much you are actually getting. My Daughter bought
a 5g sample which came in a 5ml pot which was filled to the top.
She was told by her boyfriend that 5g would not fit into a 5ml pot (He's a pharmacist)
so she weighed it and there was only approx 3.5g. So make sure if you order a sample
that the pot they send you is at least a 10ml pot. She reported it but ebay did nothing
and seller denied it but did offer a refund. I have also been told that there is a lot
of fake Ben Nye on ebay so be careful. Luckily my daughter's was genuine even though
the amount was wrong.

She loves the powder and has been out and bought a small Jar which will last her ages
as you only need a small amount.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got some based on the great reviews, I got some and although I love yellow based powder this banana one is way too dark yellow for my light skin tone. Secondly I noticed that , I guess it must be the talc but it gave my skin a dull cak-ey look, I didn't like it at all. Luckily I had some Meow Equlibrium powder on hand , I mixed it and my skin appear super fine and pore-less again. I am very picky about powder and this one is not that fine, it didn't refine my pores and the color is way too dark yellow.

Video Reviews & Tutorials