Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.4

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

I have a typical Asian skin tone and I find this powder really suits me. The only problem I have with this product is the packaging. The powder itself is smooth and easy enough to apply with my fat brush.

This powder only gets one star because I purchased a too light foundation and the powder added enough shade to make it wearable every though the whole day everyone kept asking me if I was ill

I have heard such great things about this banana powder but all it did was dry my skin out and no matter how much hydrating spray I added to my skin during the day it just go dryer.

I couldn't wait to get home to wash my face and slather it in moisturiser.

Definitely a powder for our ladies out their with oiler skin. Certainly not for mature, dry, older skin like my own.

The other thing I didn't like is the bottle, I like to tap my brush into my finishing powder, this is like a talc powder application and there was yellow powder every where, no control of the amount you would like to apply to your face.

If you would like to try fantastic Banana Powder, you cannot go past Australis they make the best setting powder, which doesn't dry your skin out or settle in your pores.

Oh dear, seems like I am one of the minority here who was underwhelmed with this powder. I purchased this to use over my concealer to give that extra bit of oomph. To be honest, my Australis brand banana powder compact does a better job. This has been hyped to the max and I just didn't feel it lived up to it. At least it is relatively inexpensive.

Love it , every woman should have it ! Covers very good dark circle and doesn't crease . For combination skin is best to use as it does prevent excess of oil .

I'm in love with this powder! It's my ride or die. It it perfect on its own or over foundation. I've had it for over 1.5 years and I'm only 1/3 of the way through my 1.5 ounce container- a little goes a long way! I just wish that the packaging was easier to disperse when on the go. I tap it onto my bathroom counter to use but you need to make sure it is sterilized and dry. Overall an amazing project.

I heard so much about this powder, however after purchasing I realised this powder shouldn't be used on light skin tones, due to the tinted yellow shade. The powder becomes cakey when setting the under eye and doesn't fully cover dark circles when applied over concealer. I mix this proud with the super white shade to get a more natural under eye look, however I wouldn't repurchase this item.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a bit of a believer that anything that's been the 'go-to' product in its category for more than a decade needs to be road tested to see what it does. This has been an industry hero for several decades, made famous more recently as the highlighting powder used for kim k.

So. First comment. It's a yellow based powder. This might seem obvious, but it means the colour will work for some skin tones but not all. As I look through the reviews, the olive skinned girls seem to get the best results. I find it also looks good on women of color as it doesn't go ashy. If you're fairer, or tend to look better with a pink base, you might find the rose coloured one ( which is gorgeous) is a better fit.

I really prefer a yellow base on my skin tone, so I actually use this as a corrector to add a goldy tone and I find it works beautifully for that. It seems to make me ' brighter' but not sallow. I find that the texture is super fine, and keeps my makeup fresh all day without a heavy cakey finish. If I apply it lightly, it also keeps a tiny bit of glow, which is great.
The packaging is annoying, I find the best way is to tap a little bit into the lid and work from there. You also don't need to puncture all the holes in the sifter to get the product out- bout half seems to work well.
My summary: great colour for warmer ( yellow based) skin tones. Creates a very ' golden girl' kind of effect. Not ideal for ultra pale except possibly to correct redness. Sits well under eyes. GREAT texture- possibly the nicest I've ever used. Wears well. Photographs well. Concentrated formula- don't need to apply lots unless ' baking '. Highly recommend for makeup artists - I'm planning to get a few more colours for my kit because I love it so much.

My Daughter bought a sample of this from ebay as wasn't sure she would
like it but she absolutely loves it, she has oily skin and this helps keep her
make up in place and lasts ages. My warning is that if you buy a sample
from ebay watch how much you are actually getting. My Daughter bought
a 5g sample which came in a 5ml pot which was filled to the top.
She was told by her boyfriend that 5g would not fit into a 5ml pot (He's a pharmacist)
so she weighed it and there was only approx 3.5g. So make sure if you order a sample
that the pot they send you is at least a 10ml pot. She reported it but ebay did nothing
and seller denied it but did offer a refund. I have also been told that there is a lot
of fake Ben Nye on ebay so be careful. Luckily my daughter's was genuine even though
the amount was wrong.

She loves the powder and has been out and bought a small Jar which will last her ages
as you only need a small amount.

love this stuff my holy grail setting powder . check out my channel for tutorials and reviews

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

i bought a sample size of this from an ebay seller and so far am liking it. It's a bit drying to use under my eyes but works great on the less dry areas- it's finely milled so the finish is very smooth, and the yellow color (not a problem w/ my skin tone) brightens. For high shine, it's decent. Lasts about as long as the Sonia Kushuk pressed powder but probably not as long as some specialty powders (i presume).

The scent is reminiscent of an old-school / vintage compact (cody, etc). I wish this came pressed instead of loose.