Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by skin tone : Dark

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Super quality powder

I was surprised that it's so difficult to find reviews on this powder. It's very finely milled and absorbs oil better than any other powder I've used. I have this in about 5 different shades....it may seem like over-kill but I'll explain how I use it to correct off-color (i.e. cheap) foundations.

I use the Neutral Set (Colorless Face Powder) to set all of my makeup and powders. This stuff absorbs in the skin and has no chalky residue. This powder is my go to oil blaster in the summer.

I use the Banana Viasge Powder in a similiar manner as the Neutral Set, but this one gives me face a touch of warmth. The color absorbs beautifully and doesn't look 'yellow', it just soaks up the oils, sets my concealer/foundation and adds a warm glow. I love this stuff!

I also have Coco-Tan, Chestnut and Sienna. These three are brown shades with different undertones. Chestnut is pretty much an exact match to my skintone. Coco-Tan has a slight orange undertone and Sienna has a more reddish undertone. Chestnut is in between.

While I can wear each of these powders over my foundations and still look great, I find that I can use them to counteract any foundations that have funky undertones when I apply them. For example, L'Oreal True Match foundations leave a weird greyish undertone on me....even when I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or other powders. But when I set it with my Ben Nye powder in Sienna, it balances out the chalky grey tones and leaves me with a nice finish.

I can't say enough about these powders. I love them. You get 1.75 oz/49 gm. for pennies compared to Smashbox or MAC products. I only paid $3.75 for the tinted powders and $4.25 for the Neutral and Banana Visage powders!!! These can be purchased at most theatrical stage shops/costume shops or you can order online. I found a fantastic website for a wonderful company in Wisconsin that carries a wide variety of Ben Nye Products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I will buy this product as long as it's available!! I used the neutral set powder for several months and thought I couldn't possibly like a powder (pressed or loose) more and then I tried the Banana Visage Poudre. What a fantastic product!! The neutral set kept my very oily skin matte for 3 or 4 hours and I thought that was impressive. For some reason, the Banana Visage Poudre keeps me matte for a whole 8 hours. I've never known what it feels like to not look either a mess or super cakey due to reapplication at the end of the day. And, of course, in Southern California desert, things are super hot and muggy this year so this was the ultimate test. If it can withstand this nasty summer, I have no doubt that it will perform even better during the cooler months ("cooler" being a relative term, of course). I love, love, love this powder. Though it typically annoys me to see how freely the term "HG" gets thrown around, I'm not ashamed to proclaim that this is absolutely my HG setting powder. Love, love, love!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Deeming as everybody and their cousin's mother has this powder - it was only fair I'd do a review too. Not going to ramble too much but I'm strictly analysing on my personal experiences with the Ben Nye powder. I bought this powder last year October/November and still not even half way through this powder. I've seen a lot of young ladies doing overkill with this powder, over powdering the under eyes aging them twice their age... this powder ain't a golden ticket to looking like Kim Kardashian. However with proper use - this can do wonders, can highlight subtley, sets the concealer evenly and prolongs the wear. This powder isn't for everyone but personally it's a must in my collection - I am willing to try other powders.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

The infamous Ben Nye banana powder. Definitely hit or miss. Unfortunately a miss for me. I'm an NW45 for reference. I lean more golden/yellow undertone and this looked soooo ashy on me. Maybe I didn't blend it enough? I guess I'll never know because as soon as I saw the pics I took that night I almost died from embarrassment. OMG it was so bad. It looked like someone slapped me in the face with flour. This is not a "one size fits all" product. I'll be switching over to Ben Nye Topaz.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I first heard about these products in various makeup tutorial on YouTube. I herd that Kim Kardashian uses the powder. So I went searching online to find the powder. I bought the product from www.clownantics.com the 1.5 oz for $15 The product came fairly quickly. I was so happy when it arrived. I immediately tried it. The powder is so silky, you dot need much product. I use this to set my highlighted areas. It doesn't AF much color but it does add a small tint of color. The powder does not move on your face at all. The bottle does last a very long time, I am at about halfway through the bottle and I use it everyday an it's been about 5 months now. The powder can sometimes look a bit too caked looking but it can be fixed by wetting a sponge and patting the areas. These powders are the bomb I highly recommend them.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this to use on my days where I wear heavier makeup, like going out or doing something fun, etc. Not on days where I go to work or run errands and want a lighter face. However, I found another setting powder I love more than Ben Nye (Buttercup Powder) so I stopped using this for a while.

Well, it's summer and my face has been getting super oily and I hated it. I've used blotting tissue, translucent pressed powders, primers and matte foundations together and it got me maybe a couple of hours but not enough time. Well, I decided to go ahead and try this on my off days.

First off, it can get a little ashy if you use too much. I wear the color Caramel in Revlon C/O. This powder if probably more for medium-dark skin tones. I pat some onto my face with a brush and let it bake for about 10 minutes and then brush the excess off. Since I use a light face of makeup and don't heavily highlight nor do I contour it can give that non-dimensional makeup face look. However, after a few minutes your skin will naturally set the rest if that makes sense. It does give your face a soft, natural look.

After using this, I did notice it helped oil. The only place it didn't help was my nose, but ya know, I'm not surprised. I still had to blot a little around the T-Zone area but overall I do feel like it helped. I think I will stick to using this for my routine.

One thing, the packaging sucks. Like, really sucks. It's really messy trying to put it on and you are bound to get it everywhere.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I love this product.The packaging sucks like my grandmothers powder lol but whats inside is amazing.You get so much for the price and will take you forever to run out, and I'm a pro freelance makeup artist and use it everyday.Use it sparingly on darker skin NW-35 AND DARKER.But it is beautiful on all skin tones for the under eye area.Can look a little washed out in photographs so please place blend out well, and do not cake on !

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

TO. DIE. FOR. oily skin .... Girls this is for you! I bought for £25 off eBay , realised I've been ripped off because I've seen it for £15 elsewhere. But anyways great for oil control and highlighting. That big bottle will last forever because you don't need that much per application. The bottle is awkward tho, could be better packaging for application with sponge.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I use this for the brightened under eye concealer look when I'm going out for a night on the town. I like it, because it gives me the brightened under eye concealer look without making me look ashy. I do not use this everyday. I only use this to set my under eye concealer. I'm a NC50. I purchased the 8oz container that a screw on lid, so I'm sure this will last me at least a year since I don't use it everyday.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Sooooooo let me break this down. I'm a beautiul bronze in black opal, C8(cocoa) in l'oreal tru match and I use coconut in maybelline fit me(the matte one) i say all that to give you an idea of my complexion btw i have oily skin. So yes do go out and buy this powder HOWEVER and this is a very important however the right shade is key. So when doing my makeup i'll use la girls fawn or toffe as highlight i'll blend it with my beauty blender and then on to my Ben Nye banana powder, trust me when i say my face looked soooo damn good after, matte smooth and even. I felt sooo damn confident stepping out, i had to take a few pics to let ig know whats good. Sheesh!!! let me tell u this i dnt know if its the flash or the lighting of the camera or whatever but my face looked a mess in the pics. It had like a white powdery look which just wasnt right at all. When i asked around why that happens they'll state its bcuz the powder is too light. Sigh now i have all this banana powder and dnt know what to do with it. I'm thinking of purchasing the Topaz one, i'll keep y'all posted.