Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

This is a true yellow powder, but looks extremely natural on my yellow-toned complexion. I stray from time to time, but I always return to this for my everyday loose powder. Fine texture, no scent and evens out my skin without foundation--and it's reasonably priced too!

My face looks healthy with it. It is very finely milled and cheap too!

I own both this and the T. Leclerc Banane as well. It seems that the Ben Nye is a softer, less drying powder (almost moisturizing even), and the color is a little darker (barely) and a little more warm and golden. The T. Leclerc is more of a pale yellow that can sometimes look more whitish on the face--in comparison to the Ben Nye, that is. I think the Ben Nye adds more yellow pigmentation for a healthier look (depending on your skin tone), and the T. Leclerc is really good for canceling out redness, and adding highlight and mild "glow." When I first opened the container I thought that the powder had a distinct smell, but I've had it for less than a week and the odor seems to have disappeared. Overall, an extremely good deal for the price.

Ben Nye powders are among the best out there. I gotta say, Banana is a most perfect color for all of us lovely ladies with a golden-yellow-toned skin, who find that translucent powder can look white or chalky. It's a creamy golden yellow which blends beautifully, kills shine all day, and gives your skin a lovely color and texture. Highly recommended for the skin tone described. If your skin is more pink than yellow, try Pretty Pink!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff. It's so light silky and a perfect color for me. I think it's better than my MAC loose powder. It also does wonders for controling oil w/ out drying out my skin. A must have!

A very sweet swapper sent me a sample to try, and I am sooooo in love with this product. I use it as a finishing powder and to tone down slight redness. It's just a dream- much much better than MAC's or any other powder I've tried!

Ben Nye powders come in various jar sizes with a very, very affordable price tag. A very kind swapper gave me 30g of this finely milled powder from her 3 oz jar. The powder has a yellow-beige color that suits most yellow based complexion. It gives a matte coverage to the face, and controls shine very well. Some say it is comparable to T.LeClerc's banane powder. I haven't tried T.LeClerc yet, not sure if I want to if I can get the same quality for a fraction of the price with Ben Nye's powder. The powder is starch-based, so it feels rather dry and coarse as opposed to the soft, plush feeling of talc-based powders.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I use this soft, yellow-toned powder nearly every day. It's not so much banana-coloured as banana pudding-coloured. Even the colorless "translucent" powders make me look chalky, or they have too much pink or beige in them for my complexion, even though I'm a very pale redhead. I have very warm, autumn colouring.

The powder is very soft, finely-milled, incredible coverage on my skin without making me feel like a greased and dusted cake pan. I can wear it alone or with foundation, and it hasn't caked up on me yet.

I'm not a big fan of most department store cosmetics, opting instead for the "theatrical" or "pro" lines like Ben Nye, Graftobian, La Femme, and Mehron for everyday use, so I haven't compared this to any other banana-coloured powder, but IMO, Ben Nye has always been at the top for powders and shadows. The texture beats out any MAC product I've used.

I know that some people have a problem with the container - it's not very convenient, but I work in a lab, so I have tons of plastic and glass petri dishes lying around my house that I use to mix makeup or sprinkle powder. Craft stores (or even garden stores) should have similar containers.

I love this powder! It is well worth a special trip to a costume shop! I am a brown-eyed brunette with very fair, slightly oily skin. Bobbi Brown is right -- yellow-toned powders add a lovely glow to the skin that translucent and light-toned powders just don't. I am so happy to find such a perfect shade in such a fine-milled, silky formulation. And not only that, at $11 for a 3-3/4 oz (about 105 gm) tub, it is a great deal, especially compared with the powders of Benefit or Bobbi Brown herself.

I am an LLL-FFF(NC 20-30, depending on seasons) Korean and this powder is just perfect. Setting my foundation perfectly well and covers like no other powders. Soft, finely milled, easy to blend and mix with other loose powders to get the effect I want. Plus, it's dirt cheap.