Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 36-43

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

This was a total miss for me. Did not look good on my skin at all. I found the powder to not be finely milled enough. It just feels cheap and looks worse, to be honest. I don't get the hype. I'll stick to my Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder.

Love it , every woman should have it ! Covers very good dark circle and doesn't crease . For combination skin is best to use as it does prevent excess of oil .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

(photos will follow - my camera died)

I was looking for a colour-correcting loose powder and I kept seeing Ben Nye's "Banana" recommended for both women of colour and very light-skinned ladies. That's a very bold statement to make, so I started looking into the powders themselves.

Do I actually need a new powder? Naw. Not reeeally. I've always liked MUFE's HD powder, and I love ELF's version, too and I own both**. I have cream correctors. But I persuaded my debit card that I did actually need it because of my ever-changing skin-tone.

After seeing Ben Nye's powders on Amazon and Ebay, it seemed that the prices were either horrendously expensive ($65 for the smallest size of Luxury Banana? Uh... no) or ridiculously cheap (Oh come on - if the shipping is more expensive than the product something tells me the product itself isn't likely genuine)

So, I went to one of the authorized dealers and ... snap, it was out of stock. They did however have a sale on the Fair translucent powder so I nabbed one, found another dealer and the wait list seemed shorter. I ordered it April 26th and it was shipped on 7th May.

Now there is a learning curve with the Banana powder and you might want to watch a youtube video or three, or visit some of the more reputable blogs for 'how to' and actual examples. You don't need a whole lot of this stuff so the 3 oz container should last you a looooong time.

For me, it sort of "connects' my foundation and concealer, and I can smooth it out to create a very soft glow. You don't want yellow skin unless you're naturally yellow-ish,,,,trust me. I have cirrhosis and I get jaundice at times... that's all the yellow skin I want to deal with thank you very much!

It also "sets" my look without leaving my face dry or cakey - it really is great for me. The price is actually incredible and it is a great investment .

I wish they'd make it easier to use though - the system is very awkward due to a silly lid that has no place being in a grown-up's collection.

Despite that, I give it a well-deserved A.

**(I'm still pouty because I had already bought MUFE when ELF's powder came out and it is truly indistinguishable from the MUFE powder. )

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a professional powder targeted towards make up artists,it can be purchased from professional outlets.This is an extremely fine gradient of powder almost pharmaceutical.It is a similar to T Le Clerc,but much fairer in price.When purchasing a professional product,it is best to learn its uses and application as I do detest top products gaining bad publicity.This product runs on par with R.C.M.A another professional company that targets make up artists.Some sifted rice powder comes in handy when using these products,just for any correcting.
This powder works well in conjunction with Ben Nye foundations especially the Shinsei and Ciniora series.These are foundations that will provide true to skin results,apply the powder and you will have a high polished up look.Personally I prefer the RCMA,it has the edge over a fraction and is a product that has been in the industry for years.

Video Reviews & Tutorials