Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by age: 36-43

4.3

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

hate packaging messy so annoying to use color fits my skin but emphasis any dryness i have on corner areas and sets to any creases. I tend to have combination skin due to packaging and having to be careful where I apply it's a rather for me

I have heard all the rave reviews about this powder. It was supposed to be THE POWDER (for medium to deep skin toned girls anyway) to bake with and the 3oz bottle seemed like a heck of a deal. So I ordered one and couldn't wait to try.

The first thing I noticed was that the powder wasn't as finely milled as most of the Youtubers were claiming to be. That's fine with my MAC Fix Plus I could fix the powdery situation easily. For reference I am yellow toned Nc30-35 so I was hoping to use this all over the face to color correct and brighten the face. It is indeed nice to bake underneath the eyes but for some reason using it all over the face did nothing for brightening at all. My NYX Banana Loose Powder was better it seems.

Also the packaging could be tricky for the 3 ounce bottle. I find the best way to use with you for a little bit in the palm of your hands in carefully read the product over a fat powder brush and then brush all over your face. Where is the products is to be expected but for the prizes bottle will last me ages so there's no complaint.

I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out. I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out.

This was a total miss for me. Did not look good on my skin at all. I found the powder to not be finely milled enough. It just feels cheap and looks worse, to be honest. I don't get the hype. I'll stick to my Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Don't see the hype. I bought the Banana and Buff and was not impressed. I read about all the raves, Kim.K uses it blah blah blah...and I have the same skin tone as her so I thought it would do the same but not so much. I used it for baking and it didn't do anything for my face except give it an ashy look. But hey every product works differently for other skin types, didn't work for mine.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a three only because I can see how it might be holy grail stuff for others but it isn't for me. I'm also medium fair and the yellow tone was quite noticeable on my skintone.

It's very finely milled but gathers in fine lines, it's very drying to my skin and makes it itch. So obviously a no go for me.

I would be hard pressed now to deviate from the Laura Mercier Translucent and/or the La Prairie No. 1 translucent (both loose). I think they are more forgiving of mature skin issues.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best setting powder. I use it over my glossier concealer and I bake it. The results are unbelievable. My skin looks glowy and it really makes the eyes super bright and radiant. I think it's a pretty decent amount for what you pay for. What I do is I get a little tiny saucer (like the ones at sushi restaurants for soy sauce) and put in the exact amount I need. It's not possible to use the cap because it's way too small. I apply it either with a damp beauty blender or with a brush, let it bake for 7-10 minutes and buff/dust the rest off and get the airbrushed look.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

The infamous Ben Nye banana powder. Definitely hit or miss. Unfortunately a miss for me. I'm an NW45 for reference. I lean more golden/yellow undertone and this looked soooo ashy on me. Maybe I didn't blend it enough? I guess I'll never know because as soon as I saw the pics I took that night I almost died from embarrassment. OMG it was so bad. It looked like someone slapped me in the face with flour. This is not a "one size fits all" product. I'll be switching over to Ben Nye Topaz.

Love it , every woman should have it ! Covers very good dark circle and doesn't crease . For combination skin is best to use as it does prevent excess of oil .

If you don't have this, go buy it NOW! I was looking for a good undereye setting powder and kept reading about "banana" powder. I had no idea what that was but apparently many companies are now selling a yellow corrective powder for the undereye area. Ben Nye's is such a high quality and you get SOOOO much for the money. I ordered the small compact with the sifter for $12 and I would bet this would last for years...... no kidding. It is so finely milled and just glides on the skin and leaves flawless perfection. I place this on with a heavy hand after I apply my concealer and it leaves my undereye area bright and perfected and the effect lasts ALLLLL day.

Btw: I'm a medium beige skin tone with yellow undertones.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Yeah....this.is everything it's cracked up to be. well actually I haven't seen the reviews for it on here so let me just say I am extremely pleased. I have yellow undertones and oily skin that occasionally sports a booboo (aka me turning nothing into something :-[ - it happens.) If I use this after foundation I look awesome and glowy and airbrushed and if I skip the foundation it still looks pretty dame good.
Controls shine , check. Evens tone, check. Doesn't cake, check. And it comes in a giant container that is too big and unwieldy to keep with your makeup so I just fill an old bare minerals pot and voila, new and a billion times improved mineral veil.