Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 30-35

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a bit of a believer that anything that's been the 'go-to' product in its category for more than a decade needs to be road tested to see what it does. This has been an industry hero for several decades, made famous more recently as the highlighting powder used for kim k.

So. First comment. It's a yellow based powder. This might seem obvious, but it means the colour will work for some skin tones but not all. As I look through the reviews, the olive skinned girls seem to get the best results. I find it also looks good on women of color as it doesn't go ashy. If you're fairer, or tend to look better with a pink base, you might find the rose coloured one ( which is gorgeous) is a better fit.

I really prefer a yellow base on my skin tone, so I actually use this as a corrector to add a goldy tone and I find it works beautifully for that. It seems to make me ' brighter' but not sallow. I find that the texture is super fine, and keeps my makeup fresh all day without a heavy cakey finish. If I apply it lightly, it also keeps a tiny bit of glow, which is great.
The packaging is annoying, I find the best way is to tap a little bit into the lid and work from there. You also don't need to puncture all the holes in the sifter to get the product out- bout half seems to work well.
My summary: great colour for warmer ( yellow based) skin tones. Creates a very ' golden girl' kind of effect. Not ideal for ultra pale except possibly to correct redness. Sits well under eyes. GREAT texture- possibly the nicest I've ever used. Wears well. Photographs well. Concentrated formula- don't need to apply lots unless ' baking '. Highly recommend for makeup artists - I'm planning to get a few more colours for my kit because I love it so much.

I agree to the majority feedback of this product. Perfect for oily skin. And I would say that this is a long lasting powder. Its just that the packaging, a bit messy to use. But overall this is recommendable. Would definitely buy agaib

Video Reviews & Tutorials