Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 25-29

4.3

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really really loved this to start with, i used it to set my undereye concealer. the colour is great for that. but then it started making my undereyes look cakey. not sure why.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The powder does what it says - basically it is a good setting powder that is almost invisible on the face. It doesn't matify my combo skin, but it helps my foundation last longer. I use Bare Minerals face powder brush with it. I tried it over different foundations and it does create a beautiful, even, velvety finish. I always use make up setting spray on top of it though. What I don't like is the color, I have pale skin and the yellow is visible especially under my eyes where I don't put pronzer/blush, so I cannot say it is universally flattering on all skin tones. The packaging is not ideal either, too much coming out every time I shake a bottle. I also have translucent Ben Nye powder that I hope will perform better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For reference I am a mac NC 30-35, combo oily/normal skin depending on the season and this banana powder looks great on me as a setting powder. I took other reviewer's advice and mix it with the neutral set from Ben Nye and it really is perfect for my skin tone which is very golden. I love it under my eyes as well and apply it heavily there then lightly press it in with a velour puff the way GossMakeupartist shows on youtube. I discovered this product through his channel and wow what a difference. HG setting powder. The search is over. I have tried soooo many powders and this one is perfect because I do not have to worry about how it will alter the look of my foundation, it looks translucent. For a more flawless look, I will use my MAC skin-finish in medium plus (which makes me very oily) then set it with this and perfect. I get so many compliments on my skin on a daily basis when I use this combination. My foundation consists of MIssha bb cream in #27 warmed up with a graftobian or ben nye cream foundation to adjust the color. then I set it with this for a natural look and finish it off by lightly pressing some highlighter to only the tops of my cheeks and instantly my face looks youthful and flawless. I am 28 and my skin has never looked better. I cannot say it fully controls my oil for extreme amount of time (usually about 4 hours, which is great to me), I don't know if its due to the bb cream, but I like a small amount of sheen to make my face look tighter.