Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a sample size of this from an ebay seller and so far am liking it. It's a bit drying to use under my eyes but works great on the less dry areas- it's finely milled so the finish is very smooth, and the yellow color (not a problem w/ my skin tone) brightens. For high shine, it's decent. Lasts about as long as the Sonia Kushuk pressed powder but probably not as long as some specialty powders (i presume).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this powder because of the hype and the price but I'm afraid the saying 'you get what you pay for' applies to this.
I have combination skin, my noise gets very oily, I used this powder to bake and also as an over all powder. After just a short time I could see the powder seperating on my noise and it was was very shiny, also under my eyes looked very dry and ashy I could see it sat on my skin and my face looked very powdery.
It feels like a cheap drug store brand and I have switched to Laura Mercier which looks amazing on my skin.
I am unsure what skin type this suits as it doesn't control oil and it would cling to dry skin, it gets rave reviews so it must work for some skin types but I unfortunately not for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is my go too. Im light brown and the banana powder still works for me. I like the full coverage look and it works for me. I use a setting spray afterwards. I dont bake with this powder though cause I feel baking is too much. I would deff buy again.

ben nye and i dont match 😱

I really like this powder, I do. It's nice to be able to set my makeup with a powder that suits my yellow undertones. It doesn't perform well on a sweaty face but that's a small issue.

My only major problem with this product is that, if you leave it on your brushes for too long, it will stain the bristles. Just washed my RT buffing brush and the ends are a pale yellow. I'm going to try and clean it again with a stronger soap and hope it'll all wash out.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm pale so this looks a little silly on my face. It's too yellow. I saw all the beauty gurus on YouTube raving about this product so I thought "It must look good on all skin tones" It looks beautiful on darker skinned women though. The one thing I love about this product is how it's a shaker bottle. I wish more loose setting powders came in containers like this.

So I purchased the Ben Nye Banana Powder for setting my concealer under my eyes. I was so excited because apparently Ben Nye Cosmetics is infamous to the stars. Turns out it has 3 parabens and talc (asbestos forming.) On top of that I did not see what all the fuss was about, it works just as good as other setting powders I have used. The upside is the cost, so if parabens and talc don't bother you it is very affordable. Wish I would have checked the ingredients before purchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, it's gives my makeup a perfect finish I have dark tone yet it's good for highlighting. ....I love this again and again

I've heard so much about this wondrous powder and has been very curious. It's hard to find in Asia but I did manage to get my hands on one. And damn, that babe's FINE! It doesn't budge off my super oily face for all day. I used it for setting my under-eye areas and lightly on my T Zones to highlight + Mattify. And I really like what I see. Will be definitely re-purchasing. Liked it so much that I wanted to use it for the rest of the face as well so I mixed it with my translucent setting powder to set my foundation all over the face. It's really such a good powder. Tends to work well on my Medium Neutral-to-Cool skin very well and highlights in such warm glow without making it look mask-like.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definately not for light skin tones,this powder is straight up yellow,but like a dark yellow,it made my under eye area look darker than the rest of my face,which is the opposite of the highlighted effect I wanted. So I gave it to my sister who has a much darker olive complexion than me,and she too couldnt use it because it was too yellow. I would say this is for really deep skin tones. Besides that its just an ok powder,nothing great about it,it creases and doesnt last that long.