Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 19-24

4.7

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have to say this isn't going to work for every skin tone. I think it's a tad too over hyped especially on those with deeper skin tones, it tends to look ashy or just too yellow.
If you're skin is deeper, Ben nye has A LOT deeper toned powders that look so much better. Their Camel or Topaz are great powders which have that richer yellow tone and won't give that ashy look. They have quite a few ones that are deep but I think Camel and Topaz are the more yellow types whereas the others are more reddish or neutral

If you're really fair, doubt it'll work for you since it's quite a medium colored yellow so it may end up making you golden, I guess it could probably work if you mixed it with their white setting powder to get a lighter yellow

I'd say if you're a medium-medium/dark complexion this will work good.
If you're an NC30 this may end up being too dark but if you use a very pale highlight color and set it with this, it will tone down that pale color and make it close to your color/look better. So if you're around an NC30-NC45 then it will work great.

This powder is very finely milled and photographs nicely.
I'd suggest this for all skin types honestly,
BUT I must say its not very good at controlling oil. It's only average.
I think it may be the talc. I personally don't find talc to be good at controlling oil.

Other than that, good product and it's reasonably priced.
I tend to go through this fairly easily with clients and can never get ahold of the larger jar so that's kind of annoying.
I have a few of the powders in different colors and they're all super good quality.
Very silky and I don't have any issue with chalkiness or it getting cakey or even patchy

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This powder will only work if you have skin tone darker than NC 40/ NW 35 + overall great powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Great if you love wearing a full face of makeup all the time. I have tried and tried to figure out a way to use this with BB cream under the eye like a highlighter. No luck. I've read reviews saying that this should be used over your concealer, but I never really wear concealer. But over foundation it is perfect. It really does do what it says and it leaves the face very soft. I need to experiment more so I can find the right techniques to use this with a BB cream. I will not give up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I totally love this powder!!!!! It highlights my under eye area and my makeup looks flawless!! It does not look cakey and the price is really good. I got mine for $16 but since you only need to use a little bit, then you do not need to buy it every month. I am totally in love with the Banana Powder. I am definitely buying this again when I ran out.

Seen all the reviews thought I would give this a chance.
When applied it's literally not at all yellow on my skin, rather it's translucent when blended in, but that might be because I have quite warm undertones anyway I don't know..but it doesn't have this disgusting pinky beige muddy finish like a lot of powders which aren't completely translucent do. I was expecting it to deposit a horrible dark yellow colour on my face but it like I said is translucent. Anyway, it's really good to set foundation and concealer; it lasts a good four hours with foundation on my oily skin. I like to use a good deal under my eye area to highlight and it does kind of brighten up my face.

The only con that it is a little cakey/chalky looking when sometimes I prefer the dewy finish, so i have to apply a little highlighter over it in this such case.

I would definitely buy this again because It really works for me as a setting powder.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Ben Nye for their powders. One of my favorite powders is the Neutral Set.. its amazing and lasts FOREVER. Well, I decided to try this one too because I wanted a powder that has a hint of color in it. The color is like a peachy yellow. I ALWAYS use this to set my makeup under my eyes so my concealer won't cake. Because of the yellow tone, it helps conceal my under eye circles even better (yellow cancels out purple). It only adds a tiny hint of color.. I use this all over my face as well and it doesn't alter the color of my makeup. It just makes everything look even better. I love the texture of this, its very silky. And you can pack this on and your face won't look like a powder puff. Great quality for the price. Ever since I've discovered Ben Nye powders, I stopped using my MAC Blot Powder.