Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 19-24

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

love this stuff my holy grail setting powder . check out my channel for tutorials and reviews

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I use this all over my face as a setting powder. I'm NC40 in Mac and this is the PERFECT shade to set your makeup with. It lasts forever

I could definitely see this product being wonderful for someone with a warm olive or deep skintone, but definitely not for fair skin.. It is WAY too yellow and dark for fair-medium/fair skin.. I'm gonna try this product again when I start to get a little darker in the spring and maybe it will work better with a slight tan. Hope this helps!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

So, anytime I'm considering buying anything under the heading of cosmetics, I research and read the reviews on MUA. That's what kind of pushed me to order the banana powder..coupled with Pinterest. I bought the 3.0 oz container from makeupmania...all under 15 bucks with shipping, plus taxes all added in. Great customer service as well. This stuff is uh-amazing. I've been using it for three days now, and my face looks perfect. I started just using it for my concealer (NC45), but then found a way to powder it onto my foundation, lightly. It's addicting. The only downer is the packaging, but you can find a way around it.I have so many compacts lying around, so I made use of them. The best way to apply it with foundation, is with a powder puff, and for concealer, use a damp beauty blender-like sponge.I first tried it with just buffing it with a brush, but I didn't like it. This stuff makes me excited to put my makeup on in the morning, Enjoy ladies. :)

Mini Update: My grandfather passed away this past weekend, and all week I have been running around with my family, and missing sleep. Today I came home in the middle of the afternoon, excited to take a nap. I was gonna wash my makeup off, knowing I'd have to reapply/touch up anyways once I got up, but I was too tired. I slept nearly three hours. My makeup always melts off when I sleep, so I just knew I was gonna see a half baked face when I went into the bathroom under my bright lighting. WRONG! Under eye area was still just as bright- concealer hadn't budged, nor had my foundation or blush. I'm so not used to that. Honestly, this stuff is gold!!!

UPDATE: I have discovered recently, that when using this over your concealer, and/or foundation, it is best to not apply it immediately after. When you do it that way, especially with cream products, cake face is almost definite. Apply your foundation and/or concealer, and wait a few minutes for it to settle. This especially helps with concealer, as the powder will go on brighter and not look powdery at all , just like a gorgeous yellow highlight. Hope this helps. :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

THis product has gotten raves everywhere! MUA, from some great makeup artists...but... i'm not diggin' it :( The packaging is the crappy shake bottle, which i don't care since the price was very cheap for such a large amount! It's a truly yellow powder, and i can see how this would really enhance a lot of skintones (brighten them up). However, on me, this powder looked chalky. Within a few hours, my makeup seemed to show unevenly, and some places that are dryer on my face, would really be accentuated wearing this powder. Not for me, perhaps not for dry-skinned gals, but i will update if somehow things change for the better! :D

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this on MakeupMania because it said it was like a "famous" powder. I knew they meant T. LeClerc Banae because I was dying to try it, but not willing to cough up the $60. So I bought it online for $7 and I am impressed. I find that it works really well to set the foundation and really helps my asian skin get that "glow". The shaker bottle is annoying, but for $7 I'll keep my mouth shut! :)